A suggestion

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

A suggestion

Postby antonioyan2012 » 03/23/2012

Hi Fongo Tech,

Not sure if someone else has brought this idea to you. But I am wondering if you can add this feature to your phone service.
That is, in the phone settings, we can define a period like the night time(say 11 PM to 7:00 AM), when a phone call comes in, the phone doesn't ring, and the call will be directed to the voice mail.
antonioyan2012
One Hit Wonder

ISP Name: Teksavvy

Re: A suggestion

Postby TheHardy » 03/23/2012

antonioyan2012 wrote:Hi Fongo Tech,

Not sure if someone else has brought this idea to you. But I am wondering if you can add this feature to your phone service.
That is, in the phone settings, we can define a period like the night time(say 11 PM to 7:00 AM), when a phone call comes in, the phone doesn't ring, and the call will be directed to the voice mail.

For the softphone (pc), softphone (mobile) or the ATA? ATA-wise, you are likely on your own...

For the other apps, I kind of like the sound of what you are suggesting, although I am not sure of how easy it would be to implement.

It is almost like "variable time of day call forwarding" -- insofar as for your purpose, between 2300-0700, it would forward DIRECT to VM rather than an external # ... but essentially it is "variable time of day call forwarding".
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: A suggestion

Postby dibsmft » 03/23/2012

There are voip providers that offer this kind of service and voice mail can be set to happen (or not) at different times to different destinations. The question I would expect Fongo would have to evaluate the need for it, the cost of implementation and the amount of computer cycles it will cost. You might want to consider that while the phone ringing at inconvenient times may be a problem getting a voicemail in the morning informing you of an on-going emergency (eg. your house or your car if on fire) might also be unhappy and too late.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Return to Suggestions & Feedback