Siemens Gigaset IP [A510/A580/C610/S675]

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Siemens Gigaset IP [A510/A580/C610/S675]

Postby CSCO » 04/30/2012

Here is guideline for the new users. I absolutely love the base station that doubles as DECT and ATA.
CSCO
Active Poster

Re: Siemens Gigaset IP [A510/A580/C610/S675]

Postby nlemay » 02/01/2013

Hi,
Here are the configurations I put in my A580IP, and it works great!

Authentication Name: (Your phone number, starting with 1)
Username: (Your phone number, starting with 1)
Display name: (Your phone number, starting with 1)

Domain:sip.fongo.com
Proxy server address:sip.fongo.com
Proxy server port:5060
Registrar server:sip.fongo.com
Registrar server port:5060
Registration refresh time:180 sec

STUN enabled: Yes
STUN server:stun.ipns.com
STUN port:3478
STUN refresh time:240 sec
NAT refresh time:20 sec
Outbound proxy mode: never
Outbound proxy:voip.freephoneline.ca
Outbound proxy port:5060

For the STUN server, you can use anyone you like. This one seems to work.

Hope this help
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

Postby nlemay » 08/07/2013

I found this link, telling that we need to switch from sip.fongo.com to voip.freephoneline.ca. I'm still using sip.fongo.com, and it seems to work ok. Can somebody tell me if I need to update my settings on my phone and on my previous post?
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

Postby nlemay » 01/20/2024

(10+ years later update)

DO NOT USE THE CONFIGURATION FROM 2013.

Here are the new configuration I'm using :
Domain: voip.freephoneline.ca
Proxy server address: voip.freephoneline.ca
Proxy server port:5060
Registrar server: voip.freephoneline.ca
Registrar server port:5060
Registration refresh time: 3600 sec

STUN enabled: No
STUN refresh time:3600 sec
NAT refresh time:20 sec
Outbound proxy mode: Auto
Outbound proxy: voip.freephoneline.ca
Outbound proxy port:5060

The *Registration refresh time* set to 3600s (instead of the initial 180s) is very important, because this led my account to be block by Fongo. Their CS stated that any value but lower or higher than this will result in account to be block, which you then need to contact them to be unblock. This is annoying because my 2013 where still working when I reconnected my phone, but because of the refresh time too low and still using sip.fongo.com (according to their documentation), my account first worked before getting block in a few days.

Hope this help someone.
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 01/21/2024

Thank you for providing your settings.

nlemay wrote:STUN enabled: No

Correct.

STUN adds an additional point of failure, when enabled. If the STUN server goes down, so does your Freephoneline service.

STUN refresh time:3600 sec

When STUN is disabled (set to "No"), these settings are inconsequential since STUN is not being used.

The *Registration refresh time* set to 3600s (instead of the initial 180s) is very important

Yes.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20533 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20537 are relevant.

The policy for registration interval settings has been published for over a decade (since VoIP unlock keys came into existence). Credential setting requirements are located at https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... redentials.

Strict enforcement of the 3600 second registration timer began in (mid to late) February 2023: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/freepho ... #p37313532.

this led my account to be block by Fongo . .. which you then need to contact them to be unblock

For lack of registration due to not using a 3600 second registration interval, users can correct the issue themselves, provided the block occurred after March 27, 2023, by changing the registration expiry/interval in their devices to 3600 seconds.

Conversely, having your account blocked or suspended for not using permitted servers listed at https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... redentials requires a ticket submission to Fongo in order for the suspension to be lifted.

"Use of Fongo SIP Servers that are not listed in this document will result in your account being suspended."
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Device Configuration Sharing