can't hear other side voice when make call or receive call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: local calls OK, but long distance calls problematic

Postby ctm » 07/17/2014

Fongo Support wrote:
ctm wrote:same problem recurs - can't hear other side when making long distance calls
If you have a Obi device, please try to configure it as per below:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16196

Best regards,

Last month when I reported the same problem, a Fongo technician called me and actually double checked the setup. It was fine after that for couple of calls, and happened again today.

Update, I made the same long distance call after about 30 minutes later, it was OK. so the problem is quite "myterious".
ctm
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2815
ISP Name: teksavvy cable 25/2
Computer OS: windows 7

Re: can't hear other side voice when make call or receive ca

Postby ctm » 07/17/2014

can NOT dial some 800, 877 numbers of credit cards, staples, etc. Keep getting the messages like "the number you dialed can not be reached from your area".
ctm
Quiet One

Postby Fongo Support » 07/17/2014

ctm wrote:can NOT dial some 800, 877 numbers of credit cards, staples, etc. Keep getting the messages like "the number you dialed can not be reached from your area".

Hi there,

Can you please reset device to factory defaults and reconfigure it as per below?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby ctm » 07/17/2014

Fongo Support wrote:
ctm wrote:can NOT dial some 800, 877 numbers of credit cards, staples, etc. Keep getting the messages like "the number you dialed can not be reached from your area".

Hi there,

Can you please reset device to factory defaults and reconfigure it as per below?

Let me know.

Thanks,

I'm just curious why sometimes it worked, sometimes it doesn't. if it's config problem, it should not work at first place. I just called one credit card company, worked fine, when I called another one, boom, "the number you dialed can not be reached..."
ctm
Quiet One

Postby Fongo Support » 07/17/2014

ctm wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:

Hi there,

Let me know.

Thanks,

I'm just curious why sometimes it worked, sometimes it doesn't. if it's config problem, it should not work at first place. I just called one credit card company, worked fine, when I called another one, boom, "the number you dialed can not be reached..."

Hi there,

if you want to start an investigation to have your account checked- please open a ticket.

If you want to resolve issue asap and start investigation later, please follow my suggestion from earlier.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Outgoing calls drop within 15 seconds

Postby concerned » 07/19/2014

My outgoing calls drop within 15 seconds. Incoming calls do not have this problem. I have ports forwarded on my router. I'm using freephoneline softphone.
Can someone help me with this problem please
concerned
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: softphone
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 8.1
Router: cgn3

Re: Outgoing calls drop within 15 seconds

Postby Fongo Support » 07/19/2014

concerned wrote:My outgoing calls drop within 15 seconds. Incoming calls do not have this problem. I have ports forwarded on my router. I'm using freephoneline softphone.

Hi there,

Looks like a modem/router issue.

Have you changed your modem recently? Did you upgrade firmware on the modem recently?

What is the model of your modem?

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Outgoing calls drop within 15 seconds

Postby concerned » 07/20/2014

Fongo Support wrote:
concerned wrote:My outgoing calls drop within 15 seconds. Incoming calls do not have this problem. I have ports forwarded on my router. I'm using freephoneline softphone.

Hi there,

Looks like a modem/router issue.

Have you changed your modem recently? Did you upgrade firmware on the modem recently?

What is the model of your modem?

Regards,

This is a new service from Rogers. My modem is CGN3. I have required ports forwarder and even triggered but nothing helps.
Got the following answer from Fongo Support

Technical Support (Fongo Support)

Jul 20 10:57 AM

Hi there,

I hope Rogers will fix their firmware very soon.

This is affecting many users:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r290697 ... -~start=30

If you have a ATA device, please see below- there are special configurations for that modem:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

Thanks,

Team Fongo Support
concerned
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: softphone
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 8.1
Router: cgn3

Re: SPA2102 (Firmware 5.2.13.004)

Postby mun33b » 07/21/2014

i have DPC3825 and have issues with international calls. When i receive calls they are fine but when i make international calls they are very choppy. Local quality is pretty good.
mun33b
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13 (004)
ISP Name: Rogers Cable Internet
Computer OS: OSX
Router: HITRON CGN3ACR

Re: Typical questions a new guy might ask.

Postby nav » 07/29/2014

Hello
Yesterday I bought the configuration file. I entered the file info as well as the sip settings available here for ATA SPA-2102.
I cannot hear the ring when calling other party though it is ringing. The other party can hear me but I cannot after the phone is answered. My phone handset will ring when someone calls me. But I cannot hear the other side after I answer the phone. I matched all the settings but could not fix the issue.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
nav
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: cisco
ISP Name: dsl bell

Re: Typical questions a new guy might ask.

Postby Fongo Support » 07/29/2014

nav wrote:Hello
Yesterday I bought the configuration file. I entered the file info as well as the sip settings available here for ATA SPA-2102.
I cannot hear the ring when calling other party though it is ringing. The other party can hear me but I cannot after the phone is answered. My phone handset will ring when someone calls me. But I cannot hear the other side after I answer the phone. I matched all the settings but could not fix the issue.
Thanks

Hi there,

I suggest to open a support ticket to have someone to check your account.

Please do so when you have a chance.

Best regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Freephoneline - $50.00* - things you need to know

Postby nav » 07/29/2014

Hi,
I have an issue when calling using freephone line using ATA (SIP). After dialing, It takes lot of time to connect. The call quality is fine. After dialing the number regardless of a cellular or a landline, it takes almost 20 seconds for the bell to ring on the other side, I tested this by calling my existing home line (another service) as well as my cell phone.
Thanks,
Nav
nav
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: cisco
ISP Name: dsl bell

Re: Freephoneline - $50.00* - things you need to know

Postby Fongo Support » 07/30/2014

nav wrote:Hi,
I have an issue when calling using freephone line using ATA (SIP). After dialing, It takes lot of time to connect. The call quality is fine. After dialing the number regardless of a cellular or a landline, it takes almost 20 seconds for the bell to ring on the other side, I tested this by calling my existing home line (another service) as well as my cell phone.
Thanks,
Nav

Hi there,

Have you adjusted your dial plan in the ATA?

Have you tried to set your SPA2102 as per below?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16198

Please post your dial plan.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby al.mcne » 08/01/2014

My phone number was ported today and unfortunately I have exactly same issue, like was described early:

I have similar situation on both (freephoneline Windows desktop version and SIP device)
For outgoing calls, I can't hear the ring, nor the other end voice.

Call log didn't show any indication of problem
0:10 Aug 01, 2014 5:18:45 PM Aug 01, 2014 5:18:55 PM Normal call clearing

Support ticket was created.

It is looks like my problem is not unique and I hope, that it will be resolved soon...
al.mcne
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pap2
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: acanac
Computer OS: win7
Router: TL-WR720N

Postby al.mcne » 08/01/2014

Problem resolved by support!
I made successful calls to Wind/Acanac/Bell/Rogers and got calls from Wind/Bell/Rogers.

Thank you very much for quick problem solving!
al.mcne
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pap2
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: acanac
Computer OS: win7
Router: TL-WR720N

Only one way communication 289xxxx

Postby dhirenkumarshah » 08/03/2014

I purchase key setup the Linksys SPA 2102 correctly. We are able to call to any umber but Not here anything when dial out using other than freephone line phone or might be other 905 #. Issue with some Incoming calls , I think I am able to call to other free phone line, mean I can able to call to my Home # 905 xxx and it works fine.

Issue/Problem When I call to my cell # 416xxx from 289 xxxx , I can not hear anything at 416xxx end ( even not ring ) But whoever at 289 xxx can here everything.Can you please verify at your end.

Thank you
Dhirenkumar shah
Last edited by Fongo Support on 08/03/2014, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please do not post account details- this is a public Forum
dhirenkumarshah
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA 2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.5
ISP Name: DSL
Computer OS: WINDOW 7
Router: LINKSYS

Re: Only one way communication 289xxxxx

Postby Fongo Support » 08/03/2014

dhirenkumarshah wrote:I purchase key setup the Linksys SPA 2102 correctly. We are able to call to any umber but Not here anything when dial out using other than freephone line phone or might be other 905 #. Issue with some Incoming calls , I think I am able to call to other free phone line, mean I can able to call to my Home # 905 xxx and it works fine.

Issue/Problem When I call to my cell # 416xxx from 289 xxxx , I can not hear anything at 416xxx end ( even not ring ) But whoever at 289 xxx can here everything.Can you please verify at your end.

Thank you
Dhirenkumar shah

Hi there,

Please confirm if device is setup *exactly* as per below:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16198

Best regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

NEW SPA2102 can only call/receive other FPL numbers

Postby iChoi Em » 08/04/2014

Hi, I tried to setup a new SPA-2102 adapter to work with freephoneline for my mom. She is with ACANAC ISP. I can only call another FPL numbers. If I called other numbers like Rogers or Bell then only they could hear me but I could not hear them, not event the ring. Worked perfect if I called other FPL numbers. I also updated to latest firmware 5.2.13(004) and follow the instruction from this site. I finally used my brother FPL account, then it worked perfectly. The only different settings for my brother's account and my mom's account are "Username" and "Password". I wondered that FPL will not allow new account to use ATA to call outside other than FPL numbers? :(
iChoi Em
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: SPA-2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(004)
ISP Name: ACANAC, DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro
Router: SR360n

Postby dhirenkumarshah » 08/05/2014

Device updated with the information you provided. couple of configuration is slightly difference. It's working fine now.
dhirenkumarshah
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA 2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.5
Computer OS: WINDOW 7
Router: LINKSYS

Uanble to hear incoming voice from outbound calls

Postby Siva.P » 08/07/2014

Hi,
I am not hearing the incoming sound from out bound call from my frephoneline phone. I have no issue for incoming calls.
Has anyone know that any settings need to be done ?

Thank you
Siva.
Siva.P
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T Phone Adapter
Router: Bell internet modem /router

Uanble to hear incoming voice from outbound calls

Postby Siva.P » 08/07/2014

I am not hearing callers voice from outbound calls. I have no issues with inbound call .
Has anyone have any suggestion on setup ?

Thank you
Siva.
Siva.P
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T Phone Adapter
Router: Bell internet modem /router

Re: Uanble to hear incoming voice from outbound calls

Postby Fongo Support » 08/07/2014

Siva.P wrote:I am not hearing callers voice from outbound calls. I have no issues with inbound call .
Has anyone have any suggestion on setup ?

Thank you
Siva.

Hi there,

If your device is configured *exactly* as per below:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294

And it's still not working, I suggest to open a support ticket to have your account verified.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Moved - New Number Cannot Dial Out

Postby newgame99 » 08/09/2014

Hi.

I recently moved to a different city, so I purchased a new configuration file this morning by paying $50. My ATA Device is Linksys PAP2T ATA. When I enter my new userid and password and I try to dial out with my homephone I hear nothing. Also, if someone tries to call me at my new number he or she can hear me but I cannot hear him/her.. However, if I enter my old userid and password (Old phone#), everything works fine. I have been using freephoneline with my device for almost 3 years and it worked just fine.

I have tried everything including setting it up on a new Line (My device has two lines, even did a factory reset and a firmware upgrade and the same problem, old userid and password works fine but the new userid and password (New #) one doesn't!)

UPDATE: Contacted Fongo Technical Support and the problem was resolved. A forced registration was done which RESOLVED the problem. They replied really fast, which was greatly appreciated!
newgame99
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: ROGERS
Router: Rogers Modem

No incoming audio from non FPL numbers

Postby davebert » 08/13/2014

I have been trying to set up a FPL number for a friend. The problem is one way audio, I cannot hear anything, but this only happens when I receive from or make a call to a non FPL number. When I make or receive a call from a FPL number the connection is fine, audio both ways. I have tried port forwarding and even put the ATA on DMZ with the same problem.

I even tried changing my working ATA with my working FPL number to my friend's login information and still have the same problem.

This is not my first time doing this I have set up 5 FPL numbers including my own. They are all SPA112 and this is the first time I've
seen this problem. All other problems if any was resolve by port forwarding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
davebert
Just Passing Thru

Postby davebert » 08/18/2014

After a few more days of trying to get my friend's FPL number to work I finally opened a ticket with tech support at 2:00AM this morning. Checked this morning and got a reply time stamp 4:40AM saying:

" I have verified account 1xxxxxxxxxx and forced a registration.

Please power off SPA 112 ATA for 5 minutes and power back on after 5 minutes. "

I did that and it is now working with no changes to the ATA settings, thanks Fongo support team.
davebert
Just Passing Thru

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support