service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby boon » 07/02/2014

It's working now. Thanks!!
boon
Quiet One

ISP Name: acanac-dsl
Computer OS: win7
Router: e3000

VOIP FPL Server not working for me!

Postby hanke » 07/15/2014

I have been unable to register my ATA on voip fpl server this AM. Reset all devices and still no luck. Changed server to voip2 and got immediate registration and working service. I waited about 45 mins and switched back to voip fpl server, got registration could make one out going call and any incoming rang but got dial tone upon answering and dead air. I returned server back to voip2 setting and all is currently working and remaining there until I receive some direction.

I have submitted 3 PM's to support and no response or reply. I have submitted at Support Ticket and rec'd "Request #70781 "VOIP FPL Server Not Working..." created". It would seem for what ever reason my account will not work on the voip.freephoneline.ca server.

Thanks
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Re: VOIP FPL Server not working for me!

Postby hanke » 07/15/2014

Update - As of today Friday 18th of July I have no issues on the line since the adjustments were made by Fongo Support 2 days ago.

Fongo Support contacted me this evening, logged into my ATA and made some adjustments. The adjustments have allowed me to run off of the voip server instead of the temporary one I was using most of the day (voip2.freephoneline.ca). Even though voip2 worked with no ATA changes it seems that my ATA(SPA3102) for whatever reasons no longer liked voip server. Adjustments made by Fongo Support has me operating as usual on (voip.freephoneline.ca) server.

Thank you Fongo Support and will keep an eye on the line and let you know how things develope over the next few days.

hanke wrote:I have been unable to register my ATA on voip fpl server this AM. Reset all devices and still no luck. Changed server to voip2 and got immediate registration and working service. I waited about 45 mins and switched back to voip fpl server, got registration could make one out going call and any incoming rang but got dial tone upon answering and dead air. I returned server back to voip2 setting and all is currently working and remaining there until I receive some direction.

I have submitted 3 PM's to support and no response or reply. I have submitted at Support Ticket and rec'd "Request #70781 "VOIP FPL Server Not Working..." created". It would seem for what ever reason my account will not work on the voip.freephoneline.ca server.

Thanks
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Fongo Desktop will not open

Postby dlouie4 » 07/17/2014

I've installed Fongo on July 9th.
Today (July 17) I double-clicked the icon on my desktop but it does not open. I re-installed it to repair but still does not turn on.
Then I went into the Fongo website to get support. I wanted to post a request. But when I input my e-mail address and password, it did not recognize it.
Then I clicked on "forgot password" and when I input by e-mail address and submitted, there was no e-mail sent to me with my new temporary password.
What's going on?
dlouie4
One Hit Wonder

Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Fongo Desktop will not open

Postby Fongo Support » 07/18/2014

dlouie4 wrote:I've installed Fongo on July 9th.
Today (July 17) I double-clicked the icon on my desktop but it does not open. I re-installed it to repair but still does not turn on.
Then I went into the Fongo website to get support. I wanted to post a request. But when I input my e-mail address and password, it did not recognize it.
Then I clicked on "forgot password" and when I input by e-mail address and submitted, there was no e-mail sent to me with my new temporary password.
What's going on?

Hi there,

Do you have a Fongo mobile account?

If so, you need to click on "forget password" in your Fongo app on your mobile device.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Does anyone have a problem with voicemail today?

Postby senos » 07/27/2014

When I Dial *98 is silence.
senos
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: OBI202
ISP Name: Cable
Router: linksys max-stream ac1750

Re: Does anyone have a problem with voicemail today?

Postby senos » 07/27/2014

Everything is back to normal
20:08 Mountain Time
senos
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: OBI202
ISP Name: Cable
Router: linksys max-stream ac1750

dial in out

Postby tookey » 07/31/2014

dear all
I can not dial out or receive a in call . all setting all OK on gigaset phone . and I have a dial tone if i called another free phone does work. but all other phone # not

thank you in advance

thank you for support
tookey
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: gigasetphone
Firmware Version: 4
ISP Name: bell del
Computer OS: window
Router: modem and switch

Postby tookey » 08/01/2014

Dear All
Thank you to Fongo support team and every body did help
tookey
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: gigasetphone
Firmware Version: 4
ISP Name: bell del
Computer OS: window
Router: modem and switch

Sip Status - Disconnected

Postby g3lo » 08/04/2014

Hi,

When I login to freephoneline.ca it says Sip Status - Disconnected under the SIP CONFIG tab.

I have not touched my settings, everything was working fine until randomly I have no dial tone. I have checked all of the connections, everything is where it should be.

I am using Linksys PAP2

Please advise,

Thank you
g3lo
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Vista Windows
Router: Linksys

Re: Sip Status - Disconnected

Postby Fongo Support » 08/04/2014

g3lo wrote:Hi,

When I login to freephoneline.ca it says Sip Status - Disconnected under the SIP CONFIG tab.

I have not touched my settings, everything was working fine until randomly I have no dial tone. I have checked all of the connections, everything is where it should be.

I am using Linksys PAP2

Please advise,

Thank you

Hi there,

This is to confirm that all sip servers are operational.

to check the latest status:

http://status.fongo.com/

Are you able to access ata from web interface?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

No dial tone and no incoming rings

Postby andrew_bb » 08/06/2014

Hello,

Suddenly my FPL service stopped working. By "not working" I mean there is no dial tone and no incoming rings.

SIP status says connected. And incoming calls goes to voice mail after a few rings. I did not change voip configuration. un-pluging/plugin modem and voip adapter does not help.

Any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help
andrew_bb
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SAP2102
ISP Name: VIF

can't make outgoing calls with csipsimple

Postby red-i » 08/06/2014

I'm not sure what's wrong. I configured csipsimple with my account. I managed to make one call and that's it. Now if I try dialing any number I get no rings.

Is there some specific config needed for csip aside from the server username and password? The app says that the connection is registered.

Newbie is confused.
red-i
Just Passing Thru

can't get account working with csipsimple or android sip

Postby red-i » 08/06/2014

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried csip and the built in android sip on my nexus. In both cases I can't dial out. If someone calls me I can't hear them but they can hear me. They also hear their voice echoed back on their phone.

Any tips? I'm a techie but new to sip and VoIP.
red-i
Just Passing Thru

Incoming calls don't work, even on desktop app

Postby athenaen » 08/09/2014

I seem to be having a strange problem with my freephoneline account.

I've set up a Cisco ATA 112 on the account, and all of the status info indicates that it should be working. It picks up its external ip, and I've followed all of the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16206

Now, the strange thing is that outgoing calls seem to work fine, both on the ATA and on the desktop app. However, calling my number doesn't ring anything at all, instantly going to a "user you are trying to reach is unavailable" message and hanging up. Again, this happens both when the registered client is the ATA and when it's the desktop app. Using the "Test Connection" utility in the desktop app doesn't seem to raise any issues.

I've tried putting both the desktop and the ATA in my router's DMZ, but incoming calls were still not received.
athenaen
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco ATA 112
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015)
ISP Name: Shaw (Cable)
Router: Asus RT-N65U

Re: Incoming calls don't work, even on desktop app

Postby Fongo Support » 08/09/2014

athenaen wrote:I seem to be having a strange problem with my freephoneline account.

I've set up a Cisco ATA 112 on the account, and all of the status info indicates that it should be working. It picks up its external ip, and I've followed all of the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16206

Now, the strange thing is that outgoing calls seem to work fine, both on the ATA and on the desktop app. However, calling my number doesn't ring anything at all, instantly going to a "user you are trying to reach is unavailable" message and hanging up. Again, this happens both when the registered client is the ATA and when it's the desktop app. Using the "Test Connection" utility in the desktop app doesn't seem to raise any issues.

I've tried putting both the desktop and the ATA in my router's DMZ, but incoming calls were still not received.

Hi there,

This looks like an account issue.

Please open a support ticket for this problem:

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Once you have received the ticket#, please send me a PM:

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852

Once I receive your ticket, I will engage the required team to check your account.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

athenaen wrote:I seem to be having a strange problem with my freephoneline account.

Hi there,

Once I receive your ticket, I will engage the required team to check your account.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: No dial tone and no incoming rings

Postby andrew_bb » 08/09/2014

Guys,

Can someone help me? My service is still down. Checked everything, tried multiple unplug/plug of adapter and modem and still the same, no dial tone, just static.

Thanks.
andrew_bb
Just Passing Thru

andrew_bb wrote:Guys,

Can someone help me? My service is still down. Checked everything, tried multiple unplug/plug of adapter and modem and still the same, no dial tone, just static.

Thanks.

Hi there,

If the line rings and your phone is not ringing, you might have a bad phone cable- from Cordless phone unit to ATA

Or you plugged in phone cable in Line 2, and FPL account is configured on Line1.

Please check this.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby andrew_bb » 08/09/2014

Yes, it looks like I have a faulty cable between adapter and the phone. I replaced the cable and everything is back to normal.

Thanks a lot!
andrew_bb
Just Passing Thru

Postby athenaen » 08/09/2014

Resolved after filing a ticket. It turns out to be a back end issue and it was fixed very quickly. Thanks!

Fongo Support wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks,
athenaen
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco ATA 112
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015)
ISP Name: Shaw (Cable)
Router: Asus RT-N65U

I can't make outgoing calls, but I do receive incoming calls

Postby BobyYoo » 08/21/2014

I Just bought an OBI100 and everything went well with the setup. It was working fine.
Then I had to reboot my router, after that, the IP address changed and i had to re-setup the OBI100

Since then, i can only receive incoming calls, but no outgoing call.
When i tried to make an outgoing calls, it said "the number I dialed was rejected by the service provider, reason 400"

Also, occasionally i received a call from a number "100"

Can someone help?
BobyYoo
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI100
ISP Name: DSL
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Re: I can't make outgoing calls, but I do receive incoming c

Postby Jake » 08/21/2014

I think I would reset the Obi and start again. It's probably just a silly configuration or a port issue. I believe the Obi ATAs are fairly easy to set up, so it would be worth a go.
Follow this guide as it is known to be working. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16090

With regards to the "100" caller, try this viewtopic.php?p=44988#p44988
or more in depth http://obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0
Jake
Technical Support

Postby BobyYoo » 08/22/2014

I tried many times the same guide... still can't make outgoing calls.

Do you think it is because of the IP address. I remember when i first setup, it was 192.168.1.190
Now my ip is 192.168.1.7
BobyYoo
Just Passing Thru

Postby BobyYoo » 08/22/2014

This is what i see on the call history log

End Call (400 Bad Request(Bad Content-Length (larger than datagram)))
BobyYoo
Just Passing Thru

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support