service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby rpotter » 10/14/2014

Down as well since yesterday. I haven't changed a thing. I've rebooted everything. Is this really just a couple people affected?
rpotter
One Hit Wonder

No dial tone, only 2 lights on PAP2T

Postby nauru » 10/19/2014

Not sure what to do here, my Pap2t only has 2 lights on it (line 1 and line 2 are off, power and ethernet are on).

Can anyone help?
nauru
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys WRT54GS w/ Tomato

Re: Voicemail Forwarding Email

Postby alcos » 10/19/2014

I can't call Freephoneline to open a tickwet because the only support I have is through this forum (I purchased the VOIP key).
I tried in the past and they told me to only use the forum, that I'm not allowed to call the support line.

Fongo Support wrote:
alcos wrote:Hi,

I purchased the VOIP unlock key years ago. Everything was fine with my voicemail. I had my VM forwarded to my email for also years.
Since several months (5-6 months), the Voicemail Forwarding Email feature doesn't work anymore. :!: The VM works fine, but I don't receive a copy in my email anymore.

I tried several other email addresses, disabling and re-enabling the feature. No luck.

Here are my settings:
Voicemail settings
- Voicemail Forwarding Email: (my email address)
- Use password for: Remote access only
- Voicemail to Email: copy

Now I'm taking the time to write down my problem and if someone can help me fix it I would be so glad.

Regards,

Hi there,

If it was working for 3 years and it stopped working today, I suggest to open a support ticket.

Regards,
alcos
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2872)
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64
Router: DIR825-DD-WRT v24-sp1 (VPN)
Smartphone Model: Nexus 4
Android Version: 4.2.2

Registration State: Can't connect to login server

Postby molsonbubba » 10/22/2014

Went down some time today, Oct 22nd, during the day, after working perfectly for months. No changes were made to the SIP, router or service (cable).
SIP reboot did not solve the problem.
Status reads: Registration State: Can't connect to login server
Is it just me?
I ran out of altitude, speed and ideas...all at the same time...
molsonbubba
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Lynksys PAP2
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 LS
ISP Name: Cogeco
Computer OS: WIN7
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U

Re: No dial tone, only 2 lights on PAP2T

Postby nauru » 10/23/2014

please...
nauru
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys WRT54GS w/ Tomato

Re: No dial tone, only 2 lights on PAP2T

Postby Jake » 10/23/2014

nauru wrote:please...

Your ATA isn't registered. I assume you have tried the normal power everything down (modem to ATA), wait 10 minutes, and then power it back up one by one.

If you have tried that, next I would suggest using a free softphone, something the x-lite http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite, to check your account still works.

If the softphone comes up, you might optionally want to try this before trying the softphone, factory reset the ATA and set it up again.

From there you should have a few answers as to where to go next. It could be there is a problem with your account, or there could be a problem with your ATA, or it might come back up with a reboot.

Let us know how you get on.
Jake
Technical Support

Cant receive calls - B241 Test Successful

Postby sinister.groupon » 10/23/2014

Hello

I'm new to the community. Couldn't find an answer about this on the forum or the internet.

I got my line number and immediately bought the Voip unlock after making a single phone call with the desktop client. The desktop client works fine for calling and so does the BlackBerry SiP app. However I quickly realized that I cannot receive calls.

When I call the number, some system immediately picks up and says 'B241 Test Successful' and hangs up. Any ideas?
sinister.groupon
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL
Computer OS: Mac OS/Raspbian
Router: SmartRG SR505N
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Cant receive calls - B241 Test Successful

Postby maximebeauvais » 10/24/2014

sinister.groupon wrote:Hello

I'm new to the community. Couldn't find an answer about this on the forum or the internet.

I got my line number and immediately bought the Voip unlock after making a single phone call with the desktop client. The desktop client works fine for calling and so does the BlackBerry SiP app. However I quickly realized that I cannot receive calls.

When I call the number, some system immediately picks up and says 'B241 Test Successful' and hangs up. Any ideas?

if you could not receive call....did you open you port?
maximebeauvais
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: OBi110
ISP Name: Bell Fibre 25/25
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Postby sinister.groupon » 10/24/2014

maximebeauvais wrote:if you could not receive call....did you open you port?

Nope, though couple of things:

- I am using the BB10 app which is on the Rogers network, I have no control over the ports here
- Even if my ports are still locked down (or I am on Rogers) shouldn't this go to voicemail by default not to 'B241 Test Successful' and hang up. Is this the default behavior when an account is setup?
sinister.groupon
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL
Computer OS: Mac OS/Raspbian
Router: SmartRG SR505N
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Passport

Calling to Home Phone

Postby manu123 » 10/29/2014

I currently have home phone line with freephoneline and using Cable modem of videotron 15 MB Download and 10 MB upload speed and Linksys WRTP54G router. Everything is propaly configured and was working fine but now when I and my wife call from our work phone to home phone, we heard the ring but at home no ring.
That mean if someone call from there house to our, they will hear the ring but not at our home.

But if we call from our cell phone to home phone, it works.

Any help would be appricated.
manu123
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys WRTP54G
Firmware Version: 3.1.27
ISP Name: Cable - Videotron
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64 bit
Router: Linksys WRTP54G

Re: Knowing when accounts are fixed

Postby Haider459 » 10/31/2014

I just read this and now I am concerned. I signed up for a free phone number then paid the extra to get the information for a VOIP adapter. Changed all of my contacts to my new number and now I have to worry about my account being cancelled due to inactivity? Yes or no? I don't want to ever loose my new number.
ali
Haider459
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Firmware Version: aaaaaaaaaaaaa
ISP Name: aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Computer OS: aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Router: aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Postby Jake » 10/31/2014

Haider459 wrote:I just read this and now I am concerned. I signed up for a free phone number then paid the extra to get the information for a VOIP adapter. Changed all of my contacts to my new number and now I have to worry about my account being cancelled due to inactivity? Yes or no? I don't want to ever loose my new number.

You do not have to worry. If you have paid for the unlock key then your account will NOT be closed for inactivity. So don't be concerned :D

The termination bit is there mainly for people who sign up for a free number and never use the account. As you can see this would be terrible for FPL as it could potentially tie up hundreds of thousands of numbers they have paid for, but will never see anything back from them. Being able to terminate stagnant accounts allows them to free the numbers for other potential customers.

You will be ok though, even if you don't use your account for the next 5 years.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Bing Kol » 10/31/2014

Haider459 wrote:I just read this and now I am concerned. I signed up for a free phone number then paid the extra to get the information for a VOIP adapter. Changed all of my contacts to my new number and now I have to worry about my account being cancelled due to inactivity? Yes or no? I don't want to ever loose my new number.

:lol:
Haider459's post is a c/p of the post below:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6956&p=40294&hilit=I+just+read+this+now+I+am+concerned&sid=48353c034edf2eebc360d4ada28eab96#p40294

Haider459 is a bot/troll. His profile is a dead giveaway.
Bing Kol
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Postby Jake » 10/31/2014

Well spotted!

I did think it was a bit weird they would be posting that comment in this thread, but I wanted to be helpful anyway.

Hopefully Fongo_support will tidy this little mess up :)
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Fongo Support » 10/31/2014

Jake wrote:Well spotted!

I did think it was a bit weird they would be posting that comment in this thread, but I wanted to be helpful anyway.

Hopefully Fongo_support will tidy this little mess up :)

Hi,

I will take care of this.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

my phone line down

Postby mysaurin » 11/13/2014

Hello

I am not sure if it is me or anyone else but my phone is not working since last night. I live in Toronto and my ISP is Rogers. Is there any update on settlings? How do I contact tech support for trouble shooting? My VOIP modem is Linksys WRTP54G 2FXS.

Thanks for your help!
mysaurin
Active Poster

ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win 7

Postby Jake » 11/13/2014

There is no outage listed http://status.fongo.com/
You can contact support through their ticket system on the support pages.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: my phone line down

Postby Bing Kol » 11/14/2014

mysaurin wrote:Hello

I am not sure if it is me or anyone else but my phone is not working since last night. I live in Toronto and my ISP is Rogers. Is there any update on settlings? How do I contact tech support for trouble shooting? My VOIP modem is Linksys WRTP54G 2FXS.

Thanks for your help!

Depending on where you are, you may or may not experience interruption of Rogers internet. It has been flaky at times since Nov 11. The early evening of Nov 12 was the worst but has been better since then.

Follow this link if you haven't done so:
https://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers
Bing Kol
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

sip no longer connected to freephoneline account

Postby red-i » 11/15/2014

not sure what happened. my service went down. if i log into my freephoneline account it says

sip status: disconnected

i have the grandstream HT702, it's been working flawlessly for the 3 months since I got the service. i've rebooted it a couple of times but no luck.

is there anything I can check or do?
red-i
Just Passing Thru

phoine not working of Nov 13, 2014

Postby introputz » 11/16/2014

is there anyone else experiencing downtime this week. I have reset the pap2 device and I still get "Can't connect to login server" i can ping voip.freephoneline.ca so no issue there..

anyone else having issues?
introputz
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pap2t

Postby Jake » 11/16/2014

Try down powering everything from modem to router, leave it down powered for 10 to 20 minutes, then power it all up again.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby red-i » 11/17/2014

Jake wrote:Try down powering everything from modem to router, leave it down powered for 10 to 20 minutes, then power it all up again.

thanks for the reply :) i'll give that a try this evening. i saw other users with similar issue and that seemed to solve it.
red-i
Just Passing Thru

Postby red-i » 11/18/2014

works now! powering everything off and waiting did the trick :)

back in business.
red-i
Just Passing Thru

Unable to make call

Postby kvh » 11/24/2014

Whenever I try to dial a number i get a message saying "That password is not valid". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
kvh
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: LinksysPAP2T

Re: Unable to make call

Postby Jake » 11/24/2014

kvh wrote:Whenever I try to dial a number i get a message saying "That password is not valid". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Double check the password. Copy the password from your online admin page into notepad. A few letters look the same in the font they use (1lI 0Oo for example). Pasting them into notepad should make it clearer what the characters are.
Jake
Technical Support

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support