Nokia E63

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Nokia E63

Postby paramvirs » 03/30/2010

After trying Sipsorcery and Pbxes.org, i was still struggling to get best call quality. While searching internet i found these settings. These were very similar to what i was trying before but it was not working. But these settings do have same difference which made the FPL account directly working on my Nokia E63 cell phone. Here are the settings:

Prerequisties:
Make sure that the appropriate ports on your router are open. I have my router's firewall turned off.

STEP 1

Go to Tools / Settings / Connection / SIP settings. Create the following profile
Profile Name: FPL
Profile: IETF Default
Access point: (your WLAN AP name)
Public user name: <TenDigitPhoneNumber>@208.65.240.142 (When recorded your phone will show sip:1<TenDigitPhoneNumber>@208.65.240.142 )
Use Compression: No
Use Security: No

STEP 2

You do not need to enter Proxy Server settings.(I did not made any proxy server settings)
Proxy Server Address: none
Registrar Server:none
Realm: none
User Name: none

After these settings when you go back to "SIP settings" screen, make sure that FPL is set as the default sip settings.

STEP 3

Enter the following for Registrar Server settings
Registrar Server: 208.65.240.142 (When recorded your phone will show sip:208.65.240.142)
Realm: 208.65.240.142
User Name: <TenDigitPhoneNumber>
Password: Enter the password that you bought
Transport Type: UDP
Port: 5060

Step 4
Go to Tools / Settings / Connection / Internet tel. Create the following profile for FPL sip profile
Name: FPLIT
SIP profiles: FPL sip profile should be shown as selected here.

Thats all.
Now go to phone book and on any canadian phone number(make sure its 10 digit number, i had done testing on 10 digit number), select Internet call option and it should work.

NOTE: I tried very similar settings to these before also but they did not work. The main difference these settings have that these are using IP address
208.65.240.142 instead of voip.freephoneline.ca
and there are no proxy server settings specified.

I got my Nokia E63 working yesterday and i am so excited. The call quality is much better than using some intermediate website.
If this post helps someone then please make a reply to this post stating that you have got it working. This will help other users verify the whole process. If i have missed something then someone might be able to add something to this post.

UPDATE: May 16, 2009
As some people have asked some questions so i am giving some advanced settings. They are not 100% step-by-step guide but will help you get things done. Please see my post in this topic on May 16, 2009
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1046#p6596
paramvirs
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Nokia E63
Firmware Version: 200.21.012
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: WinXP

Re: Nokia cell phone configuration

Postby supershamou » 04/15/2010

Very good job! It works with my N95 8gb
Thanks a lot
supershamou
Just Passing Thru

Postby Bloodsong » 04/15/2010

Thank you supershamou, one more device we can chalk up for VoIP :D
Bloodsong
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Postby FONGO_kris » 04/16/2010

I've changed the subject here just so you're aware ;)
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Nokia E63

Postby kamil » 05/11/2010

Can you dial numbers with the + sign? (eg. +16475551212)?
kamil
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Nokia E71
Firmware Version: 4
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Symbian

Postby theflyingsquirrel » 05/14/2010

I am using Nokia E71. If I purchase the config file, is it going to work?
How is the sound quality from the Nokia phone? Is it good?
I tried the application downloaded from window, it does not work properly and the volume is really low. Is it the same in the Nokia device?
http://theflyingsquirrel.ca
Provided that time and parts are available, there is nothing one cannot fix.
theflyingsquirrel
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: E71

Postby theflyingsquirrel » 05/14/2010

I am using E71. I got the config file already. I used the config file for pap2 and it works like a charm.
When I use the E71, it does register my device. However, when I try to make call, there is a communication error message.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix thix?

It appears that I got this message only when I making an outgoing call. However, when I receive calls, it is ok.
Any idea?

I found out if I use the ip address instead of voip.freephoneline.ca. then it works.
theflyingsquirrel
Just Passing Thru

Postby ba7bou7a » 05/15/2010

hi, i m using a nokia e71 but i m trying to use it on Rogers 3G network , i was able to use it using fring application but i didn t manage to make it work
using the SIP setings of the phone .... would any one can help ?
ba7bou7a
One Hit Wonder

Postby bridonca » 05/15/2010

I own a Nokia E71, and I have never figured out how to get freephoneline working. The E63 settings posted did not do anything for me, I strongly suspect my data carrier, Virgin is playing nasty. What I did do, was set up Voxalot, another sip carrier, and then put freephoneline on the voxalot dial plan.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby theflyingsquirrel » 05/15/2010

Did you guys try the instruction from paravirs?
I purchased the config file for $50 and then use the E71 SIP. It is registering.
However, when I make any call, I got connect error message.
After I change the proxy to ip address instead of voip.freephoneline.ca, then it is working like a charm.

Do you guys have problems setting up SIP with freephoneline or in all VOIP provider in general?
For nokia E series phones, you can download the SIP tools from nokia website. YOu can then choose the codex to use and many more features.
theflyingsquirrel
Just Passing Thru

Postby bridonca » 05/16/2010

You should not require to be a master of voodoo to set up a sip client. There is no standard way to set up sip on a Nokia.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby paramvirs » 05/16/2010

Using IP address instead of voip.freephoneline.ca was the major point that made my Nokia E63 work with FPL.
I tried vbuzzer and it works easily using domain names, but FPL only works with IP address from my nokia E63 phone.

Also i am using wi-fi network at my home. The voice quality is excellent. But i am having one problem with FPL. Its the call drop problem. A call drops sometimes after 30 mins randomly. No exact pattern. Lots of people are experiencing this problem. FPL admins are saying that this is related to users hardware. Nokia E series phone have different SIP client then most other hardwares out there. SO i dont think i will get a solution soon. Also FPL admins dont have a Nokia cellphone to test so no luck yet.

WCDMA:
----------
If you want to use WCDMA then you need to download SIPVoipSettings app by nokia.
http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.noki ... tings.html

After you install this app you will need to change a setting using this app to allow Internet calling using WCDMA.
Installations -> SIP VOIP Settings -> VOIP Services
Here you will need to add a new profile. Then
Inside newly added profile -> Profile Settings -> Allow VOIP over WCDMA

NOTE:
If you go back to Connections -> Internet Tel. -> You might see two entries here. One that you created earlier when registering FPL and second is created when you followed the steps listed above (i.e. Installations -> SIP VOIP Settings -> VOIP Services). Delete the previous entry from Internet Tel. and use this newly created entry.

Please note that I had not tested using WCDMA, Just sharing what i came to know during my research to get FPL working on nokia phone.

Hope it helps some one.
paramvirs
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Nokia E63
Firmware Version: 200.21.012
Computer OS: WinXP

Postby theflyingsquirrel » 05/16/2010

I think the reason that using ip address will works while using domain name will not got to have something to do with the DNS.
When we use the domain name, the phone is not getting the correct ip address with the correct port.

However, the domain name works with my pap2 though.
It got to have something to do with nokia sip.

Also, there is no dialing plan in nokia sip, I wonder how to customize the dialing plan.
theflyingsquirrel
Just Passing Thru

Postby psycon » 05/16/2010

I have tried getting this set up on my E65, but I have been having horrible issues. I cannot get incoming calls. and when I make outgoing calls, the audio on both ends of the converstaion are mute until some random time into the call, sometimes up to a minute.
my isp is telus
I turned off the firewall on the modem
even set my nokia as the dmz host.

anyone have any ideas to get some sort of stable service going ?
psycon
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Asterisk PBX
ISP Name: Shaw 50mbit
Computer OS: Windows 7 / Backtrack 5

Postby theflyingsquirrel » 05/18/2010

Did you downloaded the SIP VOIP settings?
If so, go to menu -> Installation -> SIP VOIP Settings -> NAT firewall settings -> Domain parameters -> YOUR DOMAIN -> UDP NAT bind. refresh -> set to 40
CRLF refresh -> set to On.
Let's see if it helps.
theflyingsquirrel
Just Passing Thru

Postby jason » 05/22/2010

Hi,
1. should it be 11 digits or 10, "TenDigitPhoneNumbe" as the first post mentioned?
2. what's the rule of switching between E63 and a home phone line? e.g. a 30 minutes waiting time?
Thanks!
jason
Just Passing Thru

Postby psycon » 05/23/2010

its my AP that is causing the issue. I solved the issue by rebroadcasting the signal using connectify in Ad-Hoc mode (Nokia e series dont support WPA2, so you cant use AP mode)
psycon
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Asterisk PBX
ISP Name: Shaw 50mbit
Computer OS: Windows 7 / Backtrack 5

Postby 1000 » 07/12/2010

bridonca wrote:I own a Nokia E71, and I have never figured out how to get freephoneline working. The E63 settings posted did not do anything for me, I strongly suspect my data carrier, Virgin is playing nasty. What I did do, was set up Voxalot, another sip carrier, and then put freephoneline on the voxalot dial plan.

I have Nokia E71. I setup FPL using Nokia SIP setting that similar to first post and that works fine. One thing I need to mention is the call quality is not very good and use a lot of battery power for stand by. I need to change battery every 4 hour. Recently I installed Fring, that make things a lot differece. THe call quality is much better than directly using Nokia sip and use less power now. I found the KEY point is Fring just using 1.5 KB/s data and Nokia SIP uses 10KB/s data. SO I hightly recomend to use Fring instead of Nokia SIP. One disadvantage for using Fring is you can't make extion call, because after you connect the call, you can't input any more dial input when asking you input extion number or option choice. I am wondering any one knows how to solve this problem?

Another question is if any one uses Nokia E63 for Rogers network? If that is working I would like to buy one of E63.

Thanks
Just Passing Thru

Nokia N95 8GB

Postby gstcyr » 08/16/2010

Using my N95 8GB I finally got it to work using close to the recommended settings. The changes I had to make were:

Public Username: 1<10digitNumber>@voip.freephoneline.ca (instead of @208.64.240.142)

Username: 1<10digitNumber> (1 is required in front)

K just noticed something weird... If I set my realm to 'voip.freephoneline.ca' I can login, but can't make outgoing calls.
If I change it to 208.64.240.142 while logged in, then I can make and receive calls.
I can not login if the realm is 208.64.240.142 to start though.
gstcyr
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Nokia N95
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7

Return to Device Configuration Sharing