service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby Mango » 02/09/2015

I'm glad to hear your hardware is operating properly. When you get the chance, try my suggestions and let us know if that changes the symptoms.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Postby barbus » 02/09/2015

After switching from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca i got the signal and all lights on my Linksys PAP2 device are on. Desktop app is showing 'SIP Status: connected'. Everything seems to be back to normal. Why voip.freephoneline.ca is not working any more that is a mystery to me.
Mango, you are a lifesaver.
barbus
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys 2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.10
Router: Netgear WNDR3700AV

Postby Mango » 02/09/2015

I'm glad it's working. Did you check your settings against the official guide I posted earlier? In particular, be sure Register Expires is set to 3600.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby barbus » 02/10/2015

Register Expires was already set to 3600.
Do you have any explanation why voip.freephoneline.ca is not working any more? And... How come more people are not complaining about this?
barbus
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 02/10/2015

barbus wrote:Register Expires was already set to 3600.
Do you have any explanation why voip.freephoneline.ca is not working any more? And... How come more people are not complaining about this?

Hi there,

The explanation is on Acanac status page.

https://www.acanac.com/contactus.php

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby Mango » 02/10/2015

barbus wrote:Do you have any explanation why voip.freephoneline.ca is not working any more?

voip.freephoneline.ca is working, but it seems to be not working for you.

Since you already tried to change your SIP port and that did not solve the problem, that tends to rule out a corrupted NAT connection in your router. Perhaps Acanac's issues caused your internet connection to go up and down, which caused your ATA to register over and over again, which in turn caused you to be banned for registrations that are too frequent.

If you can switch back to voip.freephoneline.ca after not using it for some time (and letting the ban expire), that confirms my guess. If it still doesn't work, it could be that Acanac's route to voip is temporarily down. It seems as if voip and voip2 are in different datacentres. You can confirm this guess with ping.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby barbus » 02/10/2015

Thanks Mango and FongoSupport.
Hoping Acanac cable issue will be resolved soon so I can try switching back to voip.freephoneline.ca.
barbus
Just Passing Thru

Incoming calls have incoming voice delay

Postby kevindonovan79 » 02/12/2015

I am running a freephoneline and fongo service through an lg e973 phone. The freephoneline account uses sipdroid and goes through pbxes as it is shared with my home phone. The fongo account is using the fongo app. On both services all incoming calls have an incoming voice delay of 3 to 4 seconds when answered, the caller can hear me answer immediately. This problem happens on both wifi networks and through 4g. Is this the norm or is there a setting to change to speed up the incoming voice. I should mention that the incoming voice is not really delayed in the sense that the entire 3 to 4 seconds is not all received at once, I just don't receive it at all and pick up halfway through their conversation.
kevindonovan79
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT-701
Firmware Version: unknown
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: dir-615 with dd-wrt

Postby barbus » 02/13/2015

Acanac fixed their cable issue yesterday. I tested voip.freephoneline.ca. It was working just fine.
I can confirm that my service down issue was Acanac related.
barbus
Just Passing Thru

Postby kevindonovan79 » 02/13/2015

Thanks barbus for the update. However, I am still getting a 3 second delay on incoming voice when receiving a call, out going calls are fine. I have tried on Acanac, Bell wifi at work and Bell lte.
kevindonovan79
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT-701
Firmware Version: unknown
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: dir-615 with dd-wrt

FPL incoming call issue

Postby temptemp » 02/20/2015

I've been having this issue for a while. When there's an international incoming call, it always got forwarded to my forwarded number. The Disconnect Reason showing in the call log is 'Internetworking, unspecified'. When the incoming call is from US or Canada, it's fine, the call is able to reach my FPL number/device. Can you advise what went wrong?
temptemp
One Hit Wonder

Re: Taking over an account

Postby catmitelton » 03/09/2015

My phone didn't work all of a sudden this morning.
?????
Try out our free pmp and latest comptia training courses ielts exam preparation to get high flying success in final and www.northeastern.edu exams, mcts College of Notre Dame of Maryland is also very useful tool.
catmitelton
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: fdfsdfd
Firmware Version: sfdsfsdfsd
ISP Name: fsdfsdfsdfsdfsd
Computer OS: sdfsdfsdfds
Router: fsdfsdfsdfdsfd

Postby Mango » 03/09/2015

Please try to change the SIP Port on your fdfsdfd to a random number between 20000 and 65535.

If that works, this indicates a corrupted NAT connection on your fsdfsdfsdfdsfd. In that case, you should investigate your fsdfsdfsdfdsfd's UDP timeout settings as a possible cause of the problem. If the fsdfsdfsdfdsfd does not have configurable UDP timeouts, you can increase the fdfsdfd's failed registration timeout to compensate for the problem.

If that does not solve the problem, change your fdfsdfd's SIP server from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

If that works, you may have been accidentally banned. In that case, you should ensure your fdfsdfd's registration timeout is set to 3600.

I can troubleshoot ANYTHING. :)
Mango
Tried and True

Postby adamm » 03/11/2015

barbus wrote:Register Expires was already set to 3600.

my fpl also stopped working a couple of days ago. I was using voip.freephoneline.ca for a while with no problems. I rebooted the router and ATA which usually clears most problems, but it still failed to register. My timeout was already set to 3600.

Changing to voip2 fixed the problem for me as well.

I'm not with Acanac, I'm with Teksavvy cable, so it can't be a problem specifically with Acanac. I think it's a problem either with the Rogers cable that both Acanac and Teksavvy resell, or not ISP related at all and instead a problem with freephoneline
adamm
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
ISP Name: Teksavvy Solutions Inc.
Computer OS: Win7
Router: ASUS RT-N16 w/ Tomato
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 7.0.4

Postby Mango » 03/11/2015

Are you able to switch back to voip.freephoneline.ca, after using voip2 for a couple of hours? If yes, that might indicate a NAT issue with your router which we can troubleshoot.

If not, can you post a tracert? If the tracert shows problems, that indicates a routing issue with your ISP.

The server does work for me.
Mango
Tried and True

This account is already in use

Postby zagzaggy » 03/11/2015

My Linksys PAP2T has worked perfectly for years. My internet connection is perfectly good. I made no recent changes but suddenly today it will not accept inbound calls. When I try to call out, I get the following response:

"This account is already in use. if you believe you receive this recording in error please contact your system administrator."

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Z
zagzaggy
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Mac OS 10.7.5
Router: DPC3825

This account is already in use

Postby zagzaggy » 03/11/2015

My Linksys PAP2T has worked perfectly for years. My internet connection is perfectly good. I made no recent changes but suddenly today it will not accept inbound calls. When I try to call out, I get the following response:

"This account is already in use. if you believe you receive this recording in error please contact your system administrator."

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Z
zagzaggy
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Mac OS 10.7.5
Router: DPC3825

Texting not working

Postby staspmr » 03/11/2015

Hi, I signed up for fongo a while ago, just got my number ported and just signed up for the texting package in canada.

When I go to the store, it shows that I have 31 days remaining.

However when I try to text someone it says "The text messaging service is not currently available, or you are not currently subscribed to text messaging..."

:)
staspmr
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: z30

Postby adamm » 03/11/2015

Mango wrote:Are you able to switch back to voip.freephoneline.ca, after using voip2 for a couple of hours? If yes, that might indicate a NAT issue with your router which we can troubleshoot.

If not, can you post a tracert? If the tracert shows problems, that indicates a routing issue with your ISP.

The server does work for me.

I just switched back to voip.freephoneline.ca and it registers fine now. It's hard to tell if it was a NAT issue or if the problem really was with the ISP or FPL since I didn't switch back a couple hours after switching to voip2. Not possible to correlate the two at this point in time.
adamm
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
ISP Name: Teksavvy Solutions Inc.
Computer OS: Win7
Router: ASUS RT-N16 w/ Tomato
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 7.0.4

Postby Mango » 03/11/2015

Next time the problem happens, try to change your ATA's SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535. If that works, that indicates the router was the problem.
Mango
Tried and True

Re: forward to an internal/extension number

Postby redgee34 » 03/12/2015

Hi there, currently I'm having an issue with area code with 905.There is no problem with 416,289,514,800.888. Any help?Thanks
ahsan
redgee34
One Hit Wonder

Re: call disconnects when I receive another call

Postby cgitej » 03/12/2015

Having the same issue, and your correct this has started recently. I don't know if it's a firmware issue of the HT502 or something that changed on freephone-lines end.
cgitej
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream 502
Firmware Version: 1.1.6
ISP Name: TekSavvy

Postby Mango » 03/12/2015

Next time the problem happens, first try to change your ATA's Local SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535.

If that doesn't work, change your Primary SIP Server from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

Let us know if either of these solves the problem. When you post back, also include the model number of the router you use.
Mango
Tried and True

Re: forward to an internal/extension number

Postby Fongo Support » 03/13/2015

redgee34 wrote:Hi there, currently I'm having an issue with area code with 905.There is no problem with 416,289,514,800.888. Any help?Thanks

Hi,

You mean you can call any number Canada or International with no issues.

As soon as you call 905-xxx-xxxx you will get an error?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Any problems on the server?

Postby newinvestor23 » 03/16/2015

Hey,
Everything working fine for a while, no problems. Tried to call out from my Obi100, I have dial tone, call a number, just dead air. So i checked the status and it says it was not registered to voip.freephoneline.ca, so I reboot, still would not. So I read voip3.freephoneline.ca and tried that one and it says registered?
So is this something on my part or theirs? or just a hiccup?
And can I keep using voip3.freephoneline.ca?
Thanks
newinvestor23
Just Passing Thru

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support