service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

No voice on outgoing calls

Postby loonyscientist » 06/01/2015

Hi,

I have had FFL working for many years but this morning remote caller can't hear me on outgoing calls. Incoming calls work fine. I had not changed any settings in more than 6 months before today.

I when trough the obi setup PDF from the forum and updated a few settings to match but no change. Only incoming calls have bidirectional sound.

Anything I should check? or is this an issue on the server side?

Thx
loonyscientist
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: OBI100

Forwarded call dropped after 90 min

Postby mh1983 » 06/03/2015

Hi,

I have FPL with the unlock key and has been working great since we purchased. I'm using the HT701 ATA, configured with the settings in the guide in these forums, and with the latest firmware. I'm eventually going to port a number from MagicJack, but for now am forwarding the calls from that number to the FPL number.

Today (and probably a handful of times in the past), I joined a conference call which dialed me at the MJ number, which then forwarded to my FPL. The call was going smoothly but dropped at the 90 min mark.

When I used MJ as the primary service, I noted drops around a similar timeframe. Is it related? I'm curious if I had the conference call the FPL number directly if the call would've continued uninterrupted.

Still, I'm wondering if there's anything I should verify on the ATA or router side. I don't have any port forwarding set up nor DMZ.

Thanks in advance!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby amitmeh » 06/03/2015

I have the same problem. i am able to call fpl number but does not work with regular numbers.
amitmeh
Quiet One

Re: Forwarded call dropped after 90 min

Postby mh1983 » 06/04/2015

mh1983 wrote:Hi,

I have FPL with the unlock key and has been working great since we purchased. I'm using the HT701 ATA, configured with the settings in the guide in these forums, and with the latest firmware. I'm eventually going to port a number from MagicJack, but for now am forwarding the calls from that number to the FPL number.

Today (and probably a handful of times in the past), I joined a conference call which dialed me at the MJ number, which then forwarded to my FPL. The call was going smoothly but dropped at the 90 min mark.

When I used MJ as the primary service, I noted drops around a similar timeframe. Is it related? I'm curious if I had the conference call the FPL number directly if the call would've continued uninterrupted.

Still, I'm wondering if there's anything I should verify on the ATA or router side. I don't have any port forwarding set up nor DMZ.

Thanks in advance!

I posted this as a new thread and yet it got rolled into the "service down or is it just me?" thread?
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

Postby Bing Kol » 06/04/2015

Thanks in advance!

I can tell you that when I was actively using MJ, every call would be terminated after 90 minutes.

I can also tell you that we can talk for more than 2 hours uninterrupted using my FPL line .
Bing Kol
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Postby mh1983 » 06/04/2015

Bing Kol wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I can tell you that when I was actively using MJ, every call would be terminated after 90 minutes.

I can also tell you that we can talk for more than 2 hours uninterrupted using my FPL line .

Bing -- many thanks for your reply! Looking forward to fully separating from the shackles of MJ.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

can't do outbound calls

Postby kolachi » 06/15/2015

I bought the voip unlock key and installed. Problem is I can receive calls fine and also can make calls on 647 area code call but 416 and 905 area code outbound calls are not working. Please Advice.
kolachi
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: sp112

Why is my support question not being shown

Postby Judgemel » 06/28/2015

I just made a support request, but it is not showing on the forum. Why is this?
Judgemel
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Freephoneline
ISP Name: Fullmovil
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: 3g router

NOT REGISTERED depuis ce matin... server down?

Postby f_laplante » 07/01/2015

Modem thomson DCM 475 LAN → WAN : Grandstream ht502 → WAN : Airport extreme : HAT –DHCP
My Fx port 1 is configure with tektalk - this phone line is registered and works just fine
My Fx port2 is configure with freephone line SIP - not registered since 2015-07-01

I look at :
Difference in the configuration from the recommandation on this website : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16336
Use Random Port: is set to no
- i switch from port 5062 to 5064 : reboot : not registered
Preferred Vocoder: (in listed order): does not put PCMU at all and put G729 first
- no change apply..

2) reboot modem, ATA and router
- router is ok

Still not registered. Any help available since it was working good for 7 months...
f_laplante
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: ATA Grandstream Ht502
Firmware Version: Program -- 1.0.12.1
ISP Name: Tompson modem Cable
Computer OS: OsX
Router: Aiport extreme

NOT REGISTERED since this mor... server down?

Postby f_laplante » 07/01/2015

Modem thomson DCM 475 LAN → WAN : Grandstream ht502 → WAN : Airport extreme : HAT –DHCP
My Fx port 1 is configure with tektalk - this phone line is registered and works just fine
My Fx port2 is configure with freephone line SIP - not registered since 2015-07-01

I look at :
Difference in the configuration from the recommandation on this website : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16336
Use Random Port: is set to no
- i switch from port 5062 to 5064 : reboot : not registered
Preferred Vocoder: (in listed order): does not put PCMU at all and put G729 first
- no change apply..

2) reboot modem, ATA and router
- router is ok

Still not registered. Any help available since it was working good for 7 months...

AD INFO 2015-07-02 : I'm able to register with fongo but not with my ATA...
YOUR SIP STATUS
SIP Status: connected
SIP User Agent: Fongo/Desktop 3.2.7.0
f_laplante
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 07/02/2015

There are no servers down.

Please try logging out and closing the desktop application.

Verify that your Register Expiration is 60 and let us know what it was if it was not.

Finally, try to change your Primary SIP Server from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

Let us know if that works.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

long distance not working

Postby zfgyc888 » 07/02/2015

Hi all,

I bought $20 world credits several days ago, I want to call China, but I can't make the long distance call. I dialed 01186412XXXXXXX, after hearing dialing tone, nothing heard anymore for several minutes. Do you guys have any idea? Thanks.
zfgyc888
One Hit Wonder

Postby f_laplante » 07/02/2015

Mango wrote:T
Please try logging out and closing the desktop application.

Verify that your Register Expiration is 60 and let us know what it was if it was not.

Finally, try to change your Primary SIP Server from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

Let us know if that works.

logging out = done... SIP Status: disconnected but still not register

Register Expiration: 60 (in minutes. default 1 hour, max 45 days) = i'm keeping it

Primary SIP Server: change to voip2.freephoneline.ca = done... still not register

Since my ATA is before my router, i guest there should not be problem with the router...

other idea?
f_laplante
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 07/05/2015

Hello; thank you for the PM. I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong. We can try some general troubleshooting.

Earlier I told you to use voip2. Now please set your Primary SIP Server to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060
Please set Local SIP Port to 26913
Please set Use Random Port to No, if it is not that way already.

Theoretically, a firmware upgrade to your cable modem, applied by your ISP, could have caused this problem. If the above works, it will support that theory.

Please double check the following settings are correct:

Account Active: Yes
SIP Transport: UDP
NAT Traversal: Keep-Alive
DNS Mode: A Record
SIP Registration: Yes

If you still have the problem, try to set your Primary SIP Server to 162.213.111.21:6060 so that you may test for DNS-related issues.

If you still have problems after trying all this, please check your Grandstream ATA's Status tab and post the WAN IP Address here. You can remove the last octet to protect your privacy.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby sinister.groupon » 07/05/2015

f_laplante wrote:
Mango wrote:Since my ATA is before my router, i guest there should not be problem with the router...

other idea?

I am not sure I understand what your network topology looks like. How is the Grandstream infront of your router?
sinister.groupon
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL
Computer OS: Mac OS/Raspbian
Router: SmartRG SR505N
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Passport

Postby Mango » 07/05/2015

Modem -> Grandstream -> Router. The HT502 contains a router.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby sinister.groupon » 07/05/2015

Learned something new. Guess that's like the SPA122.
sinister.groupon
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.5
ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL
Computer OS: Mac OS/Raspbian
Router: SmartRG SR505N
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Passport

Postby f_laplante » 07/06/2015

Mango wrote:Hello; thank you for the PM. I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong. We can try some general troubleshooting.

Earlier I told you to use voip2. Now please set your Primary SIP Server to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 X
Please set Local SIP Port to 26913 X
Please set Use Random Port to No, if it is not that way already. OK

Theoretically, a firmware upgrade to your cable modem, applied by your ISP, could have caused this problem. If the above works, it will support that theory.

Please double check the following settings are correct:

Account Active: Yes OK
SIP Transport: UDP OK
NAT Traversal: Keep-Alive OK
DNS Mode: A Record OK
SIP Registration: Yes OK

If you still have the problem, try to set your Primary SIP Server to 162.213.111.21:6060 so that you may test for DNS-related issues.

If you still have problems after trying all this, please check your Grandstream ATA's Status tab and post the WAN IP Address here. You can remove the last octet to protect your privacy.

Strangely, after 6 days of black out, I have been registered...
Port Hook Registration DND Forward Busy Forward Delayed Forward
FXS 1 On Hook Registered No
FXS 2 On Hook Registered No

I did not had the chance to tryout your other solution in the quote above... I did not reset the ATA for the last 3 days.
I'm keeping voip2.freephoneline.ca since it was still in place. Otherwise, I did not change anything else.

Thx Mango for tech and moral support!
f_laplante
Just Passing Thru

problème de son pour les appels sortants

Postby laye » 07/09/2015

Bonjour,

Lors que je fais un appel de mon ordinateur , les gens peuvent m'entendre mais moi je n'entends rien. Je n'entends même pas la sonnerie (en ligne ou occupé). Lorsque je reçois un appel, j'entends mais pas quand je passe un appel.

Avez-vous trouver une solution à ce problème ?

Laye
laye
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Dlink
Firmware Version: Dlink
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: WINDOWS 7

Problème de son

Postby laye » 07/09/2015

Bonjour,

Lors que je fais un appel de mon ordinateur , les gens peuvent m'entendre mais moi je n'entends rien. Je n'entends même pas la sonnerie (en ligne ou occupé). Lorsque je reçois un appel, j'entends mais pas quand je passe un appel.

Avez-vous trouver une solution à ce problème ?

Laye
laye
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Dlink
Firmware Version: Dlink
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: WINDOWS 7

freephone online VOIP no out going call

Postby wolaiye » 07/09/2015

1. incoming call is fine when we just change our internet provider from Rogers to Bell fiber (CIK FNNP PROVIDER)
2. But I can't make a call outbound, I try to call my cellphone ,cellphone is ringing but can't hear from the VOIP phone .Switching from voip2.freephoneline.ca to voip.freephoneline.ca makes no difference.
3.Sometimes it is going fine. when I tried outgoing calls, it took about 1 minute until the other side can receive my call,or can't get through (took 1 minute until I canl hear the ring tone for the otherside as well :( ). I've tried to reset the phone adapter also the router, but nothing worked. no problems for incoming calls.
4.We followed CISCO-SPA112 Setup guide,nothing changed.
5.voip ADAPTER: Cisco SPA112; network in Toronto:CIK (bell)FTTN; MODERM: CIK TELECOM 's DSL MORDEM: HG-A800 which is multiuse for ROUTER,VOIP ATA
wolaiye
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 (004p_XU001) A
ISP Name: CIK FTTN
Router: HG-A800(3 in 1)

Re: freephone online VOIP no out going call

Postby Fongo Support » 07/09/2015

wolaiye wrote:1. incoming call is fine when we just change our internet provider from Rogers to Bell fiber (CIK FNNP PROVIDER)
2. But I can't make a call outbound, I try to call my cellphone ,cellphone is ringing but can't hear from the VOIP phone .Switching from voip2.freephoneline.ca to voip.freephoneline.ca makes no difference.
3.Sometimes it is going fine. when I tried outgoing calls, it took about 1 minute until the other side can receive my call,or can't get through (took 1 minute until I canl hear the ring tone for the otherside as well :( ). I've tried to reset the phone adapter also the router, but nothing worked. no problems for incoming calls.
4.We followed CISCO-SPA112 Setup guide,nothing changed.
5.voip ADAPTER: Cisco SPA112; network in Toronto:CIK (bell)FTTN; MODERM: CIK TELECOM 's DSL MORDEM: HG-A800 which is multiuse for ROUTER,VOIP ATA

Hi,

Our servers are not down.

http://status.fongo.com/

The issue might be caused by the sip alg function on your new modem.

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2050592

I think you should use voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 on your SPA112 device.

Also- please check your caller ID name (display name)- see below:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... -supported

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

invalid email

Postby wanghongjiang » 07/11/2015

When I register one account, the system always shown the error information:"invalid email". What is the matter? How can I resolve it? Please help me.
wanghongjiang
One Hit Wonder

Service Down: "Devise Not Registered"?

Postby Privatepilot » 08/05/2015

I pickup phone and it says devise not registered. No incoming or outgoing calls. Has worked perfectly for 9 months until now. Burlington Ontario. HT701. Phone light on ata box not lit
Privatepilot
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows
Router: Home Hub 2000

Re: "Not Registered"

Postby hanke » 08/05/2015

I find I am having problems as well here in Burlington. ATA is registered but incoming calls are affected. Changed over to voip2 server and basically same results.

I am with FPL service so, my post is in the wrong area...but I am encountering issues and will have to try and sort them out. Been working great up until this evening, so either my hardware has gone bad or other issues are present. Disregard this post...

Thanks
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support