service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: "Devise Not Registered"????

Postby Privatepilot » 08/05/2015

ok folks. Im back online. I didn't do anything, it fixed itself.
Privatepilot
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows
Router: Home Hub 2000

Re: "Devise Not Registered"?

Postby Privatepilot » 08/05/2015

oh I spoke too soon. So I have a dialtone now, but incoming and outgoing calls do not work. So service still down on a Burlington based home phone number with Fongo Home Phone
Privatepilot
Quiet One

Re: Service Down: "Devise Not Registered"?

Postby Privatepilot » 08/06/2015

Been over 16 hours and service still down. Is there anyone at Fongo who is working on fixing this? Thanks
Privatepilot
Quiet One

Postby MarkNinja » 08/06/2015

Looks like some of the servers associated with sip.fongo.com are down. Switching to voip.freephoneline.ca works.
MarkNinja
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: spa3102
ISP Name: rogers cable

Postby Fongo Support » 08/06/2015

Privatepilot wrote:Been over 16 hours and service still down. Is there anyone at Fongo who is working on fixing this? Thanks

Hi,

Can you open a command prompt on your PC and run a tracert to our server and provide the output?

tracert sip.fongo.com

Please let me know.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby Privatepilot » 08/06/2015

Good afternoon. My service is back up and running. All perfect. Hopefully it stays this way. Many thanks.
Privatepilot
Quiet One

Freephone line app refuses to load

Postby Varso01 » 08/06/2015

My Freephoneline application running on Windows 7 X64 was working perfectly until last week. This week , I upgraded to Windows 10 X64 and updated JRE to version 51. On launch, I am now getting the following error message errno=193 after manually pointing to the new updated Java directory.

I updated JAVA to the newest version due to vulnerability warnings generated by Firefox. I read in the forum that the error may be fixed by downgrading JAVA to a previous version but It would mean putting at risk my computer/data by installing a vulnerable version and I would like to avoid that if possible.

I suspect the error might be coming from something else as nobody yet has reported problems while upgrading to Windows 10 or Java. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Varso01
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Win 10 X64
Router: Linksys WRT54G V5 DD-WRT

Free Phone Line Home Phone problem

Postby xigua » 08/27/2015

I have a Free Phone Line home phone number for several years. 647-367-xxxx. We didn't use it for a while when we were out of Canada. Last year when we came back to Toronto. we tried to connect it, but failed. I paid 50 dollars for this service and was told this was a lifetime service. I am not sure if this service is still valid. Please help me with this issue. Thanks.
xigua
One Hit Wonder

Outgoing Calls cut off after 32 seconds?

Postby Kdost » 09/06/2015

Hi Everyone,

I recently set up my freephoneline and I have this issue where all outgoing calls are cut off after 32 seconds. For reference, I am using the FPL desktop application to make the calls. I don't have any problems receiving incoming calls but outgoing calls always cut off after 32 seconds with no exceptions.

I have my freephoneline service set up with by Obi200 ATA device and that works just fine, but the desktop app is causing an issue for some reason. For reference, I am using a Linksys Router.

Do you know why this could be happening? I appreciate if you all could shed some light on this situation. Thank you!
Kdost
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obi200

Re: Outgoing Calls cut off after 32 seconds?

Postby Fongo Support » 09/06/2015

Kdost wrote:Hi Everyone,

I recently set up my freephoneline and I have this issue where all outgoing calls are cut off after 32 seconds. For reference, I am using the FPL desktop application to make the calls. I don't have any problems receiving incoming calls but outgoing calls always cut off after 32 seconds with no exceptions.

I have my freephoneline service set up with by Obi200 ATA device and that works just fine, but the desktop app is causing an issue for some reason. For reference, I am using a Linksys Router.

Do you know why this could be happening? I appreciate if you all could shed some light on this situation. Thank you!

Hi,

It looks like you are using an older version of the Desktop app 3.2.6.0

Please upgrade to latest version 3.2.7.0 to resolve the issue.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Service down?

Postby polecat » 09/09/2015

As of this afternoon, neither my Linksys/Cisco SPA 2102 ATA, nor my Desktop phone software is functioning. Is service down?
polecat
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys/SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.5
ISP Name: Distributel
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Service down?

Postby Mango » 09/09/2015

I just tested all servers, and all are responding to registration and outgoing calls.

From the FreePhoneLine.ca website, navigate to Follow Me Settings and set Status to Disable.

Navigate to Voicemail Settings and set Rings Before Voicemail to 5.

Test your service. If it is still not working, keep reading.

Please check the User tab of your ATA. Be sure no Cfwd XXX Dest settings are configured, and DND Setting is set to No.

If you made a change, save, reboot, and test.

Please navigate to the Line tab of your ATA and set SIP Port to a random number such as 21447.

Save, reboot, and test. DO NOT continue without saving, rebooting, and testing the new SIP Port.

If you are not a Rogers customer, please try to change your proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

Save, reboot, and test.

Double check that your device is configured as per the official guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16198
In particular, check that Register is set to Yes and Register Expires is set to 3600.

Save, reboot, and test. If incoming calls still do not work, keep reading.

Try to use a different phone, and if you are using household wiring, connect the phone directly to your ATA.

Check the Info page of your ATA. Report the following:

Hook State
Registration State
Next Registration In

Check your router's WAN IP Address and let us know the first two octets, keeping the last few numbers to yourself to protect your privacy.

Finally, let us know the model number of your modem and router.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

hi Mango,

Here are some of the symptoms:
1) I can't access phone messages on either ATA or desktop phone software
2) no dial tone on ATA, can't call out on desktop phone software
3) when I try to call my phone number from other phone, can't call through, can't leave a message, no ringing, line is dead.

Any ideas?
polecat
Just Passing Thru

Did you try my troubleshooting steps that I posted above? If not, why not?
Mango
Tried and True

hi Mango,

I'm unable to call or leave a message, when I call my phone number from an external phone. The line is completely dead. Even if the problem were with the ATA, I don't think it explains why I can't leave a message on my account (it's my understanding that phone messages are not stored locally). When I call from an external phone to my phone number, there is no ringing, and no call answer.....only a silent, dead line. Am I correct to think this, or am I mistaken?
polecat
Just Passing Thru

polecat wrote:Am I correct to think this, or am I mistaken?

We'll never know if you don't have any interest in troubleshooting.
Mango
Tried and True

Troubleshooting will have to wait. This ATA is malfunctioning badly (single red pulsating power light). It'll have to be replaced.

I'm still not certain why phone messages can't be left at my phone number or why my softphone software on my laptop computer isn't functioning. Even if the ATA were unplugged/disconnected completely, I don't understand why messages can't be left on the call answer service.

In the meantime, I'll make arrangements to purchase a new ATA.
polecat
Just Passing Thru

Phone Number invalid all of a sudden

Postby EDZ » 09/09/2015

Seems now no one call call us, it says the number is invalid.

We can call out. According to the web page the number is active.

Outgoing calls work. I can't see this being a hardware issue.

Using a PAP2 and it says active.
EDZ
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: PAP2
Firmware Version: 5.16
Computer OS: Windows 7, OSX
Router: Linksys, Dlink

"We'll never know if you don't have any interest in troubleshooting."

I'm sorry you got the impression that I wasn't interested in troubleshooting. I was busy attempting to revive this Linksys SPA 2102 ATA (ultimately to no avail). I did check all the online account settings: Follow me settings, etc. I was, however, unable to log into the ATA (no response to factory reset, no access to GUI, only single pulsating red power light). I opened the unit, hoping to see a bloated capacitor, but everything looks o.k. I was unable to detect the dreaded scorched scent.

Thanks for your suggestions. Once the new replacement ATA arrives, I'll complete your recommended checks.

Cheers.
polecat
Just Passing Thru

Number you have reached is not in service

Postby brava1988 » 09/09/2015

Fongo account is connected to SPA112, when the number is called with another Fongo phone the call goes through, however, when the number is called from any provider outside of Fongo I get "the number you have reached is not in service."
brava1988
Just Passing Thru

The number you have reached does is not in service

Freephoneline account is connected to SPA112, when the number is called with another freephoneline phone the call goes through, however, when the number is called from any provider outside of Fongo I get "the number you have reached is not in service." Outgoing calls work fine. Stopped working 2 days ago has been function for about a year.
brava1988
Just Passing Thru

Re: Phone Number invalid all of a sudden

Same problem.

Freephoneline account is connected to SPA112, when the number is called with another freephoneline phone the call goes through, however, when the number is called from any provider outside of Fongo I get "the number you have reached is not in service." Outgoing calls work fine. Stopped working 2 days ago has been function for about a year.
brava1988
Just Passing Thru

If your ATA is bad, then It's entirely possible that it is the source of your problems. If you wait one hour with your ATA disconnected and the desktop application closed (so that the registrations expire) are callers able to reach your voicemail?

Out of curiosity, when you tried to factory reset your ATA, what happened? Were you able to hear the key presses as you dialed ****73738#? (It's okay if you don't hear a dial tone.)
Mango
Tried and True

Re: Phone Number invalid all of a sudden

Postby arulshan » 09/09/2015

Hey there, we are having the exact same issue. We are using the OBi100 ATA and a SMC router.

We haven't changed any settings, and have tried resetting the OBi100's power couple times.

Ps, another freephoneline user was able to get their call through to us, even thought all other incoming calls are being told that the number is not assigned/not in service.
arulshan
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI100
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Window 7

"Number is Not Assigned/Not in Service"

Postby arulshan » 09/09/2015

Thanks for reading.

We have been using the OBi100 ATA for almost a year now with no issues. Just in the last couple of days, people have been telling us that when they call us from their landlines and cellphones before they hear the phone ring, it goes straight to a message saying one of "The number you have reached is not in service" or "the number you have called is not assigned". We are getting the same message when calling the home phone from our cellphones.
Surprisingly, outgoing calls are working, with the caller ID showing up correctly for the person receiving our phone call.
Even more surprisingly, my cousin who is also using a OBi100 ATA and freephoneline is able to call us and the call is connecting normally. All others (incl. people with different VOIP services) are saying they are hearing the same "# not assigned" or "# not in service" message as soon as they call.

We would appreciate any advice on this matter. Thanks in advance for your reply and advice.
arulshan
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI100
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Window 7

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support