Typical questions a new guy might ask.

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Re: Typical questions a new guy might ask.

Postby Jake » 07/10/2015

Thank you for letting us know it all went as planned.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby mh1983 » 07/10/2015

Glad the port went smoothly!

I just set up a port request myself (from MagicJack to FPL). How long did the request take for you?
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby mh1983 » 07/16/2015

My port transfer is set to be completed today. :D
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

Postby mh1983 » 07/16/2015

Porting is complete and went without a hitch! Thanks, Fongo!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

How to initiate porting in phone number

Postby jwang36 » 08/02/2015

I have a Fongo number on my ipad. I want to port my home phone number to my Fongo now. The support instruction states that "logging in to your Fongo account at www.fongo.com/login and selecting Online Store." But I could not fined any "Online Store" when I logged in on computer. On ipad, I could find on my account "Add-ons", with four options: 1) World credits; 2) Unlimited Canada Texting; 3) Unlimited Canada+US texting; 4) Remove Ads. None of this offers porting in a phone number. Could any one advise how I could have it done? Thanks.
jwang36
Just Passing Thru

Postby jwang36 » 08/02/2015

I have Fongo on my ipad. How do I submit request to port my number in? There are only four options in Add-ons of my ipad account: World Credits, Unlimited Canada Texting, Unlimited Canada+US Texting, Remove Ads. No option for port in a number. Please help. Thanks.
jwang36
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 08/05/2015

When you log in at www.fongo.com the link to the online store is right on that page. Click the big blue shopping cart. It says 'Buy Calling Credits', but this is where you need to go to port in your number.

I think you should be able to click this link also https://www.fongo.com/redirectToPurchase
Jake
Technical Support

Postby jwang36 » 08/05/2015

Thank you, Jake.

It turned out that Apple IOS account is different. Here is a link for Android- and iOS-specific porting instructions

https://support.fongo.com/entries/22867082

After emailing a LOA to loa@fongo.com, they made a Device Type Change and then Online Store appeared in my account.

Wondering why they don't put the Apple-specific instruction on Knowledge Base and make things easier.

I did the rest through Onine Store yesterday and received order confirmation immediately. Not received the invoice yet.
jwang36
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 08/05/2015

Well there you go, every day is a school day.

Thanks for letting us know.

I have set up all our accounts on Android devices as I knew there was an Apple restriction as far as what devices could use the account. I did not know this extended to the store located on the Fongo website. I have been enlightened :)
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Kdost » 08/21/2015

Hi Everyone!

I had a question on number porting with Freephoneline that I was hoping could be cleared up. Currently, we have our home phone service with Bell and are looking to cancel it. We will have a Bell technician coming on Wednesday August 26th, to set up a dry loop connection.

Our internet connection is not set up with Bell but via a separate ISP. We still have phone services with Bell and they do not know that we are looking to cancel.
My question is, if I port my current Bell landline number to Freephoneline, will Bell be notified that the number is being transferred? If so, how soon will they know? The Bell Installer will be seeing us on the 26th of August so I would like to avoid informing Bell about the number porting until after the Dry-loop installation has been completed.

However, I know that Freephoneline takes up to 14 days for number porting. This is why I would rather start the porting process now than wait 5-6 days for the dry loop to be installed. Please do let me know on the question above so that I can find out that when I pay the $25 to get my number ported, if Bell will be notified immediately, or if they will be notified after the number is ported 14 days later.

Thanks for your help!
Kdost
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obi200

Registration not, because i don't have CELL# or Non FPL#

Postby tester2 » 09/21/2015

hi guys, I need your help, I was trying to do Registration for new FPL#, but it is not allow me to do this, because I enter my existing FPL TEL# to Register another account. So what I have to do, I don't have CELL PHONE & I don't have Non FPL TEL#.
And I don't want to use other peoples CELL PHONE or other peoples Home Phone# for this New Account Creation,

Any other method to do this Procedure, please let me know.

Thanks
tester2
Active Poster

Postby tester2 » 09/22/2015

My problem have been fix, by fongo support staff.

Thanks
tester2
Active Poster

Can't find online store to purchase porting service

Postby Geoff.A » 09/23/2015

Following the instructions to port a number to fongo however there is no "store" to be found.

"Keep your number
No need to update your contact information with friends and family

For a $25 one-time fee, you can transfer your existing home or mobile phone number to Fongo. Purchase phone number porting by logging in to your Fongo account at http://www.fongo.com/login and selecting Online Store."
Geoff.A
Just Passing Thru

How long before VOIP Unlock Credential emailed after Purchas

Postby fastfile7 » 11/01/2015

Hello Guys,

I just bought by VOIP Unlock Key from freephoneline.ca using my credit card.

I thought i would get the Key / SIP credentials emailed to me immediately -- yet i haven't received them after 30 mins elapsed.

So far in my email i have only received an email with subject "freephoneline.ca Order Confirmation".

When can i expect to get the credentials? :(

And what can i do if i don't get them altogether?

Thanks,
-Eddy
fastfile7
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI200
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: D-Link DIR-655

Postby Jake » 11/04/2015

If you look in your online admin account, head towards the SIP settings and you should see them there.
https://www.freephoneline.ca/showSipSettings

If you don't get them, send in a support ticket.
https://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
Jake
Technical Support

Issues with Desktop application

Postby tassolake » 11/05/2015

I created a FONGO account a month ago and want to now use the desktop application. The fongo site is making me register a new account with a new number, vs allowing me to use the previously supplied fongo telephone number. How do I load the desktop application so that I can use the previous telephone number to make outbound calls. I still want the inbound calls on the previous FONGO number to be directed to my cell phone (which is the current setting and works).

This is frustrating.
tassolake
One Hit Wonder

Grandstream HT 702 with two phone line option

Postby MSALVI » 11/05/2015

Hello Users
I already have Free phone line phone service since last 3 years. i have grandstream HT 702 ATA adaptor since i have service. I have been using with VOIP unlock key. now
i am in need to have second phone line ( number). i am wonder to know if i can use same ATA adaptor to hook up another phone number from free phone line . i have two connection option in grandstream HT 702. one port i am already using with my exiting phone number. i am planing to buy another VOIP unlock key to have another phone number. i want to use port two in the same ATA adapter to have another phone line. please do reply if anyone know/ or have same situation. please do reply[/b][/color]
MSALVI
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: GrandStream HT 702
ISP Name: DSL
Computer OS: Microsoft Window 10

Re: Issues with Desktop application

Postby Jake » 11/05/2015

tassolake wrote:I created a FONGO account a month ago and want to now use the desktop application. The fongo site is making me register a new account with a new number, vs allowing me to use the previously supplied fongo telephone number. How do I load the desktop application so that I can use the previous telephone number to make outbound calls. I still want the inbound calls on the previous FONGO number to be directed to my cell phone (which is the current setting and works).

This is frustrating.

Fongo offers the phone app and home phone. Freephoneline offers an unlock key to be able to use your own device (ata) and the desktop app.

The two companies are to be looked at as separate companies in the fact their logins will only work on the company you created it on.

If you REALLY want to keep the Fongo number and use the desktop app, the only option you have is to create a new FPL account and then use this form to transfer your fongo number to FPL. https://support.fongo.com/entries/53554 ... ngo-Mobile

I know the title says this the other way around, but it applies to moving any number from one service to another. There is a $5 charge though.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Grandstream HT 702 with two phone line option

Postby Jake » 11/05/2015

MSALVI wrote:Hello Users
I already have Free phone line phone service since last 3 years. i have grandstream HT 702 ATA adaptor since i have service. I have been using with VOIP unlock key. now
i am in need to have second phone line ( number). i am wonder to know if i can use same ATA adaptor to hook up another phone number from free phone line . i have two connection option in grandstream HT 702. one port i am already using with my exiting phone number. i am planing to buy another VOIP unlock key to have another phone number. i want to use port two in the same ATA adapter to have another phone line. please do reply if anyone know/ or have same situation. please do reply[/b][/color]

A long time ago I had a similar setup with a PAP2T and it worked just fine. I think I changed the SIP port to 6060 for the second line, but I am not sure how needed that was though.

As far as the system goes there is no restrictions on having 2 lines, many users here have 2+ lines. As long as your ATA supports a second line, there should not be a problem.
Jake
Technical Support

Possible to Port Number Out

Postby fastfile7 » 11/07/2015

Firstly, special call-out @Jake and all other Forum Moderators -- you guys are full of awesome - appreciate the knowledgeable and timely responses. :D

To further my understanding more...some more questions i was wondering about:

Question 1) Once a number is ported into freephoneline.ca is it possible to port it out (e.g. back to Bell Canada)?
Question 2) Can a number originally provided by freephone also be porterd out?

Thank you,
-Eddie
fastfile7
Just Passing Thru

Postby fastfile7 » 11/07/2015

Jake wrote:
MSALVI wrote:Hello Users

A long time ago I had a similar setup with a PAP2T and it worked just fine. I think I changed the SIP port to 6060 for the second line, but I am not sure how needed that was though.

As far as the system goes there is no restrictions on having 2 lines, many users here have 2+ lines. As long as your ATA supports a second line, there should not be a problem.

Hey Guys,

I think based on the above, i understand that its the function of your specific ATA to be able to support multiple FreePhoneLine.ca Numbers at the same time.

My question is, if the Host (having the ATA adaptor) is talking to Person1 on his FreePhoneLine.ca Number1...and lets say Person2 out there also dials Number1...will the host know there is second incoming call? With Bell Canada, for example, you can hear another ring even while you're actively talking with Person1. What would happen in this ATA case?

Thanks,
-Eddie
fastfile7
Just Passing Thru

Re: Possible to Port Number Out

Postby Jake » 11/08/2015

fastfile7 wrote:Question 1) Once a number is ported into freephoneline.ca is it possible to port it out (e.g. back to Bell Canada)?

Yes, and yes.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Jake » 11/08/2015

fastfile7 wrote:My question is, if the Host (having the ATA adaptor) is talking to Person1 on his FreePhoneLine.ca Number1...and lets say Person2 out there also dials Number1...will the host know there is second incoming call? With Bell Canada, for example, you can hear another ring even while you're actively talking with Person1. What would happen in this ATA case?

This sounds like you are talking about Call Waiting, and yes FPL does support this.

I question my answer though as it does not really have anything to do with having a second telephone number which is the subject of the message you quoted. If I have misunderstood, I am sorry.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby fastfile7 » 11/14/2015

Jake wrote:
fastfile7 wrote:My question is, if the Host (having the ATA adaptor) is talking to Person1 on his FreePhoneLine.ca Number1...and lets say Person2 out there also dials Number1...will the host know there is second incoming call? With Bell Canada, for example, you can hear another ring even while you're actively talking with Person1. What would happen in this ATA case?

This sounds like you are talking about Call Waiting, and yes FPL does support this.

I question my answer though as it does not really have anything to do with having a second telephone number which is the subject of the message you quoted. If I have misunderstood, I am sorry.

My question was badly worded and ill placed under the subject title - but you answered it. Thank you.
fastfile7
Just Passing Thru

Re: Possible to Port Number Out

Postby fastfile7 » 11/14/2015

Jake wrote:
fastfile7 wrote:Question 1) Once a number is ported into freephoneline.ca is it possible to port it out (e.g. back to Bell Canada)?

Yes, and yes.

I currently have a freephoneline.ca account, and i recently bought a VOIP key under that account. I now want to port another phone number in but i don't want to loose my current freephoneline.ca number either.

What options to do i have?
fastfile7
Just Passing Thru

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions