service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby Fongo Support » 12/04/2015

johnsnow wrote:
Mango wrote:How would changing his DigitMap fix his incoming call problem?

It wouldn't but the digitmap is incorrect in the guides.

Hi,

Feel free to provide new version of the correct guide. remember- this is a community and the previous guide was created by another user just like you.

Jake just helped with the upload.

I just want to take this opportunity to express all the best to cyberic68, Val, Jake, Mango and everyone else who is contributing to this community.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby pkumar74 » 12/05/2015

Hi,

Is there an outage, my service is down, registration failed on the SPA 2102 ATA. I noticed that if I change proxy from voip,freephoneline.ca to voip4.freephoneline.ca, it registers for a while and again fails.

Could someone please help/guide to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

Kumar
pkumar74
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 12/05/2015

pkumar74 wrote:Hi,

Is there an outage, my service is down, registration failed on the SPA 2102 ATA. I noticed that if I change proxy from voip,freephoneline.ca to voip4.freephoneline.ca, it registers for a while and again fails.

Could someone please help/guide to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi,

Can you confirm that device is configured as per below?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16198

I think the issue is cause by incorrect registration expiry. Instead of 3600 you have 180 or 30.

As long as the device is configured as per the guide- it will be no issue.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby mh1983 » 12/05/2015

Fongo Support wrote:
johnsnow wrote:
Mango wrote:How would changing his DigitMap fix his incoming call problem?

It wouldn't but the digitmap is incorrect in the guides.

Hi,

Feel free to provide new version of the correct guide. remember- this is a community and the previous guide was created by another user just like you.

Jake just helped with the upload.

I just want to take this opportunity to express all the best to cyberic68, Val, Jake, Mango and everyone else who is contributing to this community.

regards,

I echo this sentiment. There is a lot of great support in this community. I'd be at a loss if it weren't for contributors like the ones cited above. Thank you, all, for everything you do!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby pkumar74 » 12/05/2015

Hi,

I rechecked my configuration, Register Expires was set to 1800, changed to 3600 but still the problem is same. All my settings are per guide mentioned.

Please help/ advise next steps.

Thanks,

Kumar
pkumar74
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 12/05/2015

pkumar74 wrote:Hi,

I rechecked my configuration, Register Expires was set to 1800, changed to 3600 but still the problem is same. All my settings are per guide mentioned.

Please help/ advise next steps.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi,

I would suggest to do a factory reset and reconfiguration as per the document we have provided.

Step 1.

Factory reset:

Plug in power adapter
Plug in a phone to ‘Phone 1′ port of the SPA-2102
Dial ****
You should hear ‘Configuration Option Menu’
Dial 73738# (RESET#)
Press 1 to confirm the reset

Step 2 .

Enable web interface:

Dial **** into the phone connected to the ATA device
You should hear ‘Configuration Option Menu’
Dial 7932 then press 1 to enable.
Hang up when you hear option saved.

Step 3:

Obtain the IP address of SPA 2102:

Plug in Ethernet cable to router and wait for several seconds
Dial ****110#
Listen to IP Address which is read back to you
Plug your PC into the LAN (Ethernet) port of the SPA-2102
Enter IP Address into your web browser (For example. http://192.168.1.10)
You should now see the Linksys SPA-2102 Web Interface

Step 4:

Configure device:

Input the IP address you have obtained in Step 3 in any browser on your PC, and configure the device using the attached document as a reference.

That will resolve the issue.

Best regards,
Attachments
Linksys SPA2102 ATA Config FreePhoneLine 5.2.13.pdf
(325.07 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby pkumar74 » 12/06/2015

Thanks for your help, resetting the ATA to factory default did the trick.
pkumar74
Just Passing Thru

Loses connection exactly 30 seconds after making a call

Postby chia591 » 12/07/2015

Lately after i switched to rogers I lose connection after calling in 30 seconds but when I receive a call I don't get disconnected
chia591
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: HandyTone-286
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: windows 10
Router: CGN3ACSMR

Postby mh1983 » 12/08/2015

I just called my bank to ask a question (1-888 number). I tried to enter my account info and the automated system wouldn't recognize it. I got transferred to an agent and I could hear her but she couldn't hear me.

I hung up, tried again, and was able to enter account info and talk to a live agent, no problems.

First time in quite awhile that I had an issue on a FPL call. A one-off, perhaps? Just wanted to throw it in here to see if anyone ever encountered this.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

"Invalid Email" attempting to signup

Postby tubesteak99 » 12/17/2015

Attempting to signup using fongo for iOS app. It repeatedly tells me "invalid email".

This forum had no problem accepting this same email address as valid when signing up to post this message.
tubesteak99
One Hit Wonder

Computer OS: iOS

Can't login to account

Postby cityismine » 12/20/2015

I can't login to my online account or voicemail. Can this be fixed, or do I create a new account?
cityismine
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Windows 7 x64

Re: Can't login to account

Postby Liptonbrisk » 12/20/2015

cityismine wrote:I can't login to my online account or voicemail. Can this be fixed, or do I create a new account?

Your account may have been deleted due to inactivity, if you've never made a purchase.

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... t-deleted-

There are a number of reasons your account may have been deleted:

1) FreePhoneLine Accounts which have not been used to place an outgoing call for over 90 days are considered inactive and are subject to deletion

2) You have entered fake e911 information during account registration

3) You have signed up for multiple accounts

4) Fraudulent activity has been detected on your account

Note: Accounts which have made a purchase are not subject to deletion due to inactivity (World Credits, Porting, Voip Unlock Key, etc.)
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Re: Loses connection exactly 30 seconds after making a call

chia591 wrote:Lately after i switched to rogers I lose connection after calling in 30 seconds but when I receive a call I don't get disconnected

This sounds like a SIP ALG issue in your router, but it could also be due to not implementing QoS properly for your ATA in your router as well.

Unfortunately, it's possible the CGN3ACSMR doesn't have Qos functions or that your ISP disabled that feature to be accessible by customers. Contact your ISP, and tell them you wish to enable QoS for your ATA.

If all outgoing calls drop at 30 seconds, double check your settings:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=647 and switch to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 for the SIP Server

Alternatively, try to disable SIP ALG in your router.
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo ... 972#M28972

Datalink wrote:Call tech support and ask the CSR to disable the SIP/ALG setting of the modem.

If the CSR refuses to check or uncheck the function switch, or tries to direct you to the Techxpert support which is a pay service, terminate the call and send a private message to @CommunityHelps to disable the SIP/ALG. Include your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area. The Cable account reference number is located within the Internet section of your bill. If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number. This can be obtained by calling Customer support. You can then send that Reference Number, along with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps. The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your monthly account statement.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MACC Address located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

When that is confirmed as complete, reboot the modem to determine if disabling the SIP/ALG has remedied the problem.

Typically it's better for people to have their own routers and to then just stick whatever junk their ISP gives then in bridge mode.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Re: "Invalid Email" attempting to signup

tubesteak99 wrote:Attempting to signup using fongo for iOS app. It repeatedly tells me "invalid email".

This forum had no problem accepting this same email address as valid when signing up to post this message.

Although I don't have a solution for you, perhaps someone will assist you if you post in the appropriate forum: viewforum.php?f=32
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Don't hear the other party but they can hear me, voip!

Postby python01 » 01/05/2016

I have had this issue for the past couple of months.
Some phone numbers I call work the way they should. I can also call overseas and in Canada through prepaid long distance calling card and it works this way OK as well.
But most numbers I call have the issue described in the title. I can not hear the individual calling me, same when I dial the number. They can hear me though fine.
I am really confused why some numbers would work fine and others do not.
I am using VOIP with the settings received from FPL.
What should I look at to solve this issue?
I am using SPA122
python01
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Windows 7

Postby Mango » 01/06/2016

It is interesting that your problem is intermittent.

Please try to use voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 and change your SIP Port to 44254 and see if the problem resolves itself.

If that does not solve the problem, please try to use voip3.freephoneline.ca - for testing purposes only.

If voip4 solves the problem, it's fine to leave it there. If voip3 solves the problem, report back to us as further work is needed.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

Java error 193

Postby makeshyft » 01/06/2016

Hi there,

I have just installed freephoneline on 2 systems that needed the java version to be updated. I am getting error code 193... cannot load jvm.dll

It asks to be pointed to the java directory, which I do, and then it spits out that error.

we are using java 1.865

Please help. Thank you.
makeshyft
One Hit Wonder

Postby python01 » 01/07/2016

voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 did not help the issue.
voip3.freephoneline.ca with SIP Port 44254 did fix the issue.
Please investigate what needs to be done for this line to work properly.
Thank you.
python01
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 01/07/2016

Open a ticket: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new . Advise them that you sometimes experience one-way audio which is solved if you use voip3.freephoneline.ca.

If your ticket is closed without investigation, send Fongo Support a PM with the ticket number: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7852
Mango
Tried and True

pas de tonalité

Postby lelou23000 » 01/09/2016

J'ai pas de tonalité depuis ce matin!!!??
lelou23000
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA1001
ISP Name: Mectel 10 Mo
Computer OS: Win7
Router: TP LINK TL-WR 720 N

pas de tonalité

Postby lelou23000 » 01/09/2016

Bonsoir je n'ai plus de tonalité depuis ce matin koi de 9
lelou23000
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA1001
ISP Name: Mectel 10 Mo
Computer OS: Win7
Router: TP LINK TL-WR 720 N

phone doesn't ring

Postby mohammedessam » 01/10/2016

Hello
I have a weird problem that started about 2 months ago

I currently have the PAP2T setup with freephoneline

when someone call me they hear a ring tone but my phone doesn't ring

i tried to use different voip servers like voip2.freephoneline.ca and voip3.freephoneline.ca

and the problem is still there

sometimes after few restarts the phone works fine then after a day or two the same problem again.

what do you think the problem is, is it the ATA or there is a problem at freephoneline end

I had this ATA device for about 6 years now so is it time to replace it

any suggestions on good ATA devices to use with freephoneline

Thanks in advance for any help
mohammedessam
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
ISP Name: Acanac

Postby Mango » 01/10/2016

Please be sure your ATA is configured as per the official guide. In particular, Register Expires should be set to 3600. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294

Is Acanac a cable ISP? If so, I suggest you try to use the Rogers proxy, voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 .

If that doesn't work, check the Info tab of your ATA, and tell us what it says beside Registration State. We'll troubleshoot further from there.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby mohammedessam » 01/10/2016

Mango wrote:Please be sure your ATA is configured as per the official guide. In particular, Register Expires should be set to 3600. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294

Is Acanac a cable ISP? If so, I suggest you try to use the Rogers proxy, voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 .

If that doesn't work, check the Info tab of your ATA, and tell us what it says beside Registration State. We'll troubleshoot further from there.

Thanks for your reply
Acanac uses Distributel cable in my area so yes it run on cable
My ATA register fine with the 5060 port
The Register Expires is set to 3600
i have followed the guide on this forum to configure my ATA.
I've just updated my ATA to version 5.1.6

it's working fine since yesterday night till now, i can receive calls fine with no problems
hopefully it will keep working, otherwise ill report back.

Thanks again
mohammedessam
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
ISP Name: Acanac

New Linksys PAP2T: line problems

Postby Henri9009 » 01/27/2016

Hi to all!

Everything use to work well until the PAP2T unit broke.

I've bought another one and my status is "Online", I have a tone, but when I try to make a call, I get "That password is not valid".

Can't receive calls neither, I get right away on the voicemail.

Thanks for your help!
Henri9009
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Mac OS 10.10.5
Router: Linksys PAP2T

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support