cannot call myself with unlocked number: VM picks it up

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

cannot call myself with unlocked number: VM picks it up

Postby chene » 05/13/2015

hi all,

I just purchased the unlock key and am using obihai 2000 with FPL. I can make outgoing call and the voice quality is very nice. I am on dsl25.

However, when I call myself I immediately get the prompt "The person you are calling is not available, please leave a message".

using my account in freephoneline.ca, under App Settings->Settings->Voice Mail Settings, the settings are:

voicemail to email: none
Rings before voicemail: 5

so my questions are:
1) what setting should I change so voicemail will NOT pick up the phone immediately?
2) can I change the # of rings before voicemail to a larger number, or to never?

any help is very much appreciated,
chene
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obihai 200, Sipura 1001, PAP2

Re: cannot call myself with unlocked number: VM picks it up

Postby FONGO_jeff » 05/14/2015

chene wrote:hi all,

I just purchased the unlock key and am using obihai 2000 with FPL. I can make outgoing call and the voice quality is very nice. I am on dsl25.

However, when I call myself I immediately get the prompt "The person you are calling is not available, please leave a message".

using my account in freephoneline.ca, under App Settings->Settings->Voice Mail Settings, the settings are:

voicemail to email: none
Rings before voicemail: 5

so my questions are:
1) what setting should I change so voicemail will NOT pick up the phone immediately?
2) can I change the # of rings before voicemail to a larger number, or to never?

any help is very much appreciated,

Maybe you have Do Not Disturb enabled? Try disabling it by dialling *79
FONGO_jeff
Site Moderator

Postby chene » 05/15/2015

The problem is solved, but I don't know how :)

I deleted the setting from obihai and set it up again using a guide I found online (google "freephoneline obihai unlock", the 1st pdf document). I didn't follow it exactly as some of the settings were not persistent after "submit". what I did was to:

login to obihai's website (not the ATA web interface), and set up a "generic SIP provider",
tweak the setting in the ATA web interfact using the instructions outline in the PDF

this is actually what I did the first time. But I guess the 2nd time is the charm.
chene
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obihai 200, Sipura 1001, PAP2

Postby hnoor77 » 01/12/2016

I deleted the setting from obihai and set it up again using a guide I found online (google "freephoneline obihai unlock", the 1st pdf document). I didn't follow it exactly as some of the settings were not persistent after "submit". what I did was to:
hnoor77
Just Passing Thru

Return to General Discussions