Upgrade to Works

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Works service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Works Support Knowledge-base for more.

Upgrade to Works

Postby SDA Church » 04/30/2017

The Works section is closed so I'll ask here.

We have a regular Fongo number for our church and just noticed the new Works. This would work wonderfully for our church.

Can we upgrade our current Fongo account/number to the new works or do we have to open a new account and get a new number?

Thanks
SDA Church
Just Passing Thru

Re: Upgrade to Works

Postby Jake » 05/01/2017

That's a good question.
I'll ask for that forum section to be opened up and prompt for a reply to this.
From this FAQ https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212436246 they pretty much allow for numbers to be moved around, so I don't see why you couldn't get it moved to Works.

You would probably have to set up a new account, then as for the number transfer.

I will highlight this thread and hopefully you will get a better reply :)
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Jake » 05/02/2017

So it would seem that Fongo and FongoWorks are going to be treated as completely separate in regards to moving numbers, as opposed to Fongo and FPL where you can transfer your number for $5.

With this being said, you can still 'port' your number into FongoWorks as if your Fongo number is a Bell number for example. This would cost the normal $25 porting fee.
https://www.fongo.com/how-to-transfer-y ... -to-fongo/

So essentially what you would do is open up a new FongoWorks number, then port your Fongo number to it for $25.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby SDA Church » 05/02/2017

While the answer is not what I wanted (LOL), I really appreciate the effort in getting an answer.

Thank you very much
SDA Church
Just Passing Thru

Postby bridonca » 05/03/2017

What would stop you from forwarding your old Fongo number to the new Fongo Works number? That costs nothing, and downside would be small.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby newguy444 » 04/15/2018

Hi I was just about to ask a similar question and did not want to start a new thread. I have a FPL number that I use for my small business (I did get permission to do so from the support team when I signed up)
I just noticed this FongoWorks so am I able to port my FPL number to FongoWorks?
newguy444
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 04/16/2018

From what I understand, yes you will be able to port your number in for $25 just like it was a Bell/Rogers number. Why they are not letting you use the $5 option I don't know, but there you go.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support