Can't receive incoming calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Works service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Works Support Knowledge-base for more.

Can't receive incoming calls

Postby lakerstrong » 06/06/2017

Hi all, I am currently unable to receive calls. The person dialing my fongo number gets a automated message, "no input so far" eventually it just hangs up.

My fongo does not ring at all, please help thanks
lakerstrong
Just Passing Thru

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

Postby Fongo Support » 06/07/2017

lakerstrong wrote:Hi all, I am currently unable to receive calls. The person dialing my fongo number gets a automated message, "no input so far" eventually it just hangs up.

My fongo does not ring at all, please help thanks

Hi,

Did you setup your receptionist as described below?

https://youtu.be/AxLFH_Cfrm0

Please try and let us know.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby lakerstrong » 06/07/2017

hi, the ting is i was setting up the call forwarding however i decided i didnt need it so i changed all the caller options to "empty route" and saved. now i cant get any incoming calls anymore
lakerstrong
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 06/07/2017

lakerstrong wrote:hi, the ting is i was setting up the call forwarding however i decided i didnt need it so i changed all the caller options to "empty route" and saved. now i cant get any incoming calls anymore

Hi,

You will need to setup receptionist otherwise it will not work. This is a requirement.

I don't believe you can setup just follow me with no receptionist.

Best regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

strange because initially without setting up receptionist, i was able to receive calls. ever since i messed with the receptionist feature, incoming calls no longer work
lakerstrong
Just Passing Thru

Postby FONGO_jeff » 06/07/2017

lakerstrong wrote:strange because initially without setting up receptionist, i was able to receive calls. ever since i messed with the receptionist feature, incoming calls no longer work

Fongo Works is not intended to be a call forwarding service. Initially when you setup the account and do not configure the receptionist it will forward to the cell phone in which you signed up for (we will look at changing this), but once you set up your receptionist the service works as intended and you must record your receptionist greeting otherwise the caller will be presented with a blank receptionist greeting.
FONGO_jeff
Site Moderator

ok well this isnt very user friendly i need to delete this account and sign up for a regular account however my email is now locked to this. i need to use that email for my new account please advise
lakerstrong
Just Passing Thru

Postby FONGO_jeff » 06/07/2017

lakerstrong wrote:ok well this isnt very user friendly i need to delete this account and sign up for a regular account however my email is now locked to this. i need to use that email for my new account please advise

You could put in a support ticket to have your account deleted so that you could sign up again. Just an FYI though, account that have not completed the setup of their receptionist will be considered abandoned/incomplete and will be terminated at some point.
FONGO_jeff
Site Moderator

Return to Community Support