Unable to login my account

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Unable to login my account

Postby hanshen » 07/08/2017

I have freephoneline number was working a month ago. I found it's not working. Tried to login website, it said "wrong email or password". When I tried "forgot password", it said "invalid account". What was wrong?
hanshen
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: FPL

Re: Unable to login my account

Postby Jake » 07/09/2017

What sort of account did you have? Were you using the desktop app or the did you have a paid unlock key? If you had the unlock key the account should still be good and you should submit a support ticket (https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new), if you were using the desktop app is it possible the account got deleted? http://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en-u ... t-deleted-

Also remember that accounts between Fongo and FPL are not interchangeable, so if you had a Fongo account you should log in @ www.fongo.com

What do you get when you try and call the number?
Jake
Technical Support

Postby hanshen » 07/09/2017

"The person you are trying to reach is unavailable, please leave a message" when calling the number. Does it mean the account has been deleted? I thought Freephoneline should send notification before deleting the account. All my contacts has this number it was reliable.
hanshen
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 07/09/2017

Open a support ticket using the link Jake provided and ask. The mods here don't have access to your account, and FPL support staff is not obliged to respond on the forums. Choose "my account inquiry" for the final issue type.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Jake » 07/10/2017

That sounds like a normal answerphone message, I believe you get another message for an inactive account.

Support will let you know where you stand on your account. When you send in a ticket you should get a ticket number. If you want to speed things up you can try and PM this number to Fongo Support on this forum which usually gets a faster response.
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852
Jake
Technical Support

Postby hanshen » 07/14/2017

Whatever opening a ticket or PM, no response...Don't know what's going on Fongo...
hanshen
Just Passing Thru

Postby mh1983 » 07/15/2017

I understand your frustration, but you probably just have to wait more. They always respond to tickets I raise, either immediately or within a reasonable timeframe.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby hanshen » 07/19/2017

Thanks All. I've got response finally. The account has been deleted due to inactivity. For example, accounts with no outgoing calls for 90 days are considered inactive and are automatically flagged for deletion by our system. Accounts used only to forward incoming calls are not considered active. Please check our deletion policy FAQs below for full details.

Fongo Mobile Deletion Policy: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... t-deleted-
FreePhoneLine Deletion Policy: http://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en-u ... t-deleted-
-------------------------------
Yes, I did use this account to forward incoming calls to my cell phone (my cell number keeps changing every other year due to some reasons). I've been used this ways for years till May this year. I am wondering if it's new Deletion Policy that I wasn't aware of.
Last edited by Jake on 07/20/2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed links
hanshen
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 07/20/2017

I have heard different things over the years as to what counts as an inactive account from staff members here on the forum. It wasn't ever really set in stone until they made all those FAQs, since then I don't think it has really changed.
I believe they also send out emails before deleting an account, but from what others have said here that doesn't always seem to happen, even though they had valid email addresses registered to the accounts.\

I took the easy way out and bought the unlock key for the number I wanted to keep. I figure over the long term it is worth it as I won't have to worry about it vanishing on me one day. Luckily you do have options to try and get the number back if it is important to you.

I can understand why they do it, they don't obviously want thousands of dormant accounts that have gone stale through people not using the service anymore or just testing things out. They have to pay for all those numbers and we don't :) They can't make money from the dormant numbers and so the only option would be to buy more if they didn't reclaim them.

I imagine it is quite annoying when it happens to you though. Sorry for that.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby alexander » 07/28/2017

I have the same problem, my account has been deleted.
I had 2 numbers (accounts) and they are gone without notification.
I ported over a number several years ago, and its been working fine - now its gone.

I created another line for my home office and now its gone.

how can I restore these accounts?
alexander
One Hit Wonder

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/03/2017

alexander wrote:I have the same problem, my account has been deleted.
I had 2 numbers (accounts) and they are gone without notification.
I ported over a number several years ago, and its been working fine - now its gone.

I created another line for my home office and now its gone.

how can I restore these accounts?

Open a support ticket using the link Jake provided and ask. The mods here don't have access to your accounts, and FPL support staff is not obliged to respond on the forums. Choose "my account inquiry" for the final issue type.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Jake » 08/04/2017

Accounts with Ported Numbers should not get deleted. I believe they hold the right to delete the account if they find the account being abused or the 911 information incorrect. Contacting support is your best option though, we can only guess here :)
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support