ATA needs reboot every 4 hours for incoming calls to work

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

ATA needs reboot every 4 hours for incoming calls to work

Postby chowzer55 » 08/05/2017

My old ATA broke down. The old ATA was a linksys spa 112.
I bought a Grandstream HT812 and configured it according to documentation found on this forum for a Grandstream HT704.

Problem:
Outgoing calls work fine but I need to reboot the ATA every 4 hours for incoming calls to work properly.

When I can receive calls for those 4 hours, my online sip status says "connected" and sip user agent says "Linksys/PAP2T-5.1.6(LS)"
After 4 hours my sip status says disconnected and my sip user agent is empty. Going through the call logs, the disconnect reason is: Destination out of order.

I changed a few settings in my router as recommended by the Grandstream helpdesk. They did not fix the problem.

I changed the configuration of my network
modem --> router --> ATA
to:
modem --> ATA --> router.

I assumed this would take care of any firewall issues with my router but it has not.

Questions:
Do you need to update my account for an ATA change? ie. the sip user agent when connected still says linksys. Shouldn't it say Grandstream?
The registration expires setting in my ATA is set to 3600 seconds. Do you see my ATA registering every hour in your registration logs?
Does my account need a reset in order for this to work properly? If so, can you do a reset?

I put this in the wrong forum... this should be a freephoneline issue.

Thx.
chowzer55
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT812
Firmware Version: 1.0.8.2
ISP Name: Can Net - cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: ASUS RT-N12D1

Re: ATA needs reboot every 4 hours for incoming calls to wor

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/05/2017

chowzer55 wrote:My old ATA broke down. The old ATA was a linksys spa 112.
I bought a Grandstream HT812 and configured it according to documentation found on this forum for a Grandstream HT704.

1. The lastest firmware version for your ATA can be found at http://firmware.grandstream.com/Release ... .0.3.7.zip.
2. If you were issued a modem/router combo by your ISP, ensure that it's in bridge mode. Contact your ISP if necessary.
3. You should, instead, double check your settings against these in this PDF guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18839#p74658.

Outgoing calls work fine

Outgoing calls do not require device registration. Just the correct SIP username and password are required.

but I need to reboot the ATA every 4 hours for incoming calls to work properly

Incoming calls do require registration.

Only one registration per FPL account is allowed at any time.
When there are multiple devices using the same account, only the most recent registration is valid. The previous device will lose registration and incoming calls will not work on it.

When I can receive calls for those 4 hours, my online sip status says "connected" and sip user agent says "Linksys/PAP2T-5.1.6(LS)"
After 4 hours my sip status says disconnected and my sip user agent is empty. Going through the call logs, the disconnect reason is: Destination out of order.

Do you see any outbound calls listed that you don't recognize?

As soon as your ATA registers, FPL's website says Linksys PAP2T???
SIP user agent details should be getting pulled from info sent by your ATA to FPL's server. I find this situation pretty weird.

Do you have multiple FPL accounts? Are you logged into the right one?

You do have a Grandstream ATA, right?

Do you need to update my account for an ATA change?

No. That would require a lot of work for support staff each time someone changes devices. By the way, Freephoneline doesn't offer free technical support for device configuration issues, and they're not obliged to respond on the forums.

the sip user agent when connected still says linksys. Shouldn't it say Grandstream?

I don't find a lot of things concerning FPL and SIP registration to be odd--but I do find what you're describing here to be puzzling, unless you have another ATA somewhere that's registering your FPL SIP username and password. That's a PAP2T ATA that's listed in your FPL account. Is it possible someone stole your SIP credentials (SIP username and password) and is using them on a PAP2T ATA without your knowledge?

Is it possible your old ATA (still a bit odd, considering it's a SPA112) is still plugged in?

I would suggest clearing your browser cache and refreshing/reloading the website. And whenever you have a problem, I would log into the ATA to see what's going on as opposed to relying on
FPL's website where real registration status can lag for up to an hour or until the registration period expires. It's better to be checking registration status in the ATA than at FPL's website, which usually lags behind what's really happening in the ATA.

The registration expires setting in my ATA is set to 3600 seconds

Register Expires in Grandstream ATAs is in minutes. That should be 60 minutes.
If you have 3600 minutes entered, I could see that as being an issue.

https://www.ukvoipforums.com/emulators/ ... fig_a1.htm shows me minutes--not seconds.

Also, 3600s would be correct for a PAP2T.

SIP Registration Failure Retry Wait Time should be 120 seconds

Enable SIP Options Keep Alive should be Yes
SIP OPTIONS Keep Alive Interval should be 20 seconds

http://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en-u ... redentials

. Do you see my ATA registering every hour in your registration logs?

Only support staff can see that (not even moderators here can), and they aren't obliged to respond on the forums, especially for Freephoneline issues.

Does my account need a reset in order for this to work properly? If so, can you do a reset?

It's possible something in your account is corrupted, but it's not common. I do switch devices and SIP apps without encountering unknown devices showing in SIP user agent info.
Anyway, if you feel you have an account issue, you will need to submit a ticket at https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Select "VoIP unlock key"-->"My account inquiry" for the issue type.

You might want to ask if they see your SIP credentials being used from a different IP address than your own.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby jervisser » 12/08/2017

I am trying to set up a Grandstream HT812 with my freephoneline account but I don't see where I enter my SIP user id and password. I thought it would be under the profile1 tab, but I'm just not finding it. I've followed the HT704 configuration instructions in your link, but I don't see where you can enter this information in the HT812 GUI. Would you be able to offer an assistance?
jervisser
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: grandstream ht812
ISP Name: Tek Savvy cable

Postby Liptonbrisk » 12/09/2017

jervisser wrote:I am trying to set up a Grandstream HT812 with my freephoneline account but I don't see where I enter my SIP user id and password. I thought it would be under the profile1 tab

You need to use the FXS ports tab.

Refer to page 23 in your Grandstream HT812 user guide.
http://www.grandstream.com/sites/defaul ... _guide.pdf

By the way, this thread was created in the wrong forum. The Freephoneline forums are over here: viewforum.php?f=5.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support