Can anyone view your messages if they have your phones hd?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Can anyone view your messages if they have your phones hd?

Postby kevinmac » 09/05/2017

Here is the situation and I am a bit worried that my private messages may have been viewed. I have fongo installed on my phone and I set "Applock" on it so that each time someone clicks fongo, it prompts them with a password. My question is, assuming they could not access the app due to the password protection, could they still plug my phone into a PC and retrieve/view my fongo messages? Are the messages stored in a folder on my phone that can be accessed if someone plugs it in?
kevinmac
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: S7
Firmware Version: 3.18.14-12046623
ISP Name: cable
Computer OS: win 7

Re: Can anyone view your messages if they have your phones h

Postby Jake » 09/06/2017

I'm not sure if anyone here would know the answer to this, I do I know I have no idea.

Your best bet will be to submit a support ticket to them directly and ask if the messages are stored encrypted or not. https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

They are for sure on the phone somewhere as I can read my messages when not connected to any network. If they are on your phone then the data can surely be got if someone really wanted to. The question then really is if it is encrypted to the point where they can't read it unless they use the app itself. This you will have to ask the developers about, but I'm not sure how much luck you will get there.

I would be interested in knowing what they say, if you do manage to get an answer.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to General Discussions