No longer receiving incoming calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

No longer receiving incoming calls

Postby intermedion » 11/28/2017

I am a new Fongo Home user. Suddenly, since this afternoon, I can no longer receive incoming calls - the landline phone is not ringing.
I can make outgoing calls all right. Everything was working all right until now.

If someone calls me, the calls go to either to the Fongo Home voicemail, or my home phone voicemail, depending on how/if they are enabled or not.
If no voicemail is enabled (Fongo or home phone), the caller gets a Fongo generic message saying the user is not available (and the can not leave any voicemail).

I have a Grandstream HT-801 I bought from Fongo, my Internet provider is Videotron (Fiber 30Mb down / 10MB up).
Rebooting the ATA adaptor by unplugging it does not solve the problem.

I submitted earlier a ticket to Fongo Support and I am waiting for their response.

In the meantime until I get a Fongo support response, I would appreciate if anybody knows what the problem might be and if I can fix it
or is it only Fongo who can fix it?

Thanks!
intermedion
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Mac OSX

Re: No longer receiving incoming calls

Postby intermedion » 11/28/2017

Hmm, after rebooting the Grandstream adapter and waiting about 30 minutes, (instead of 2 minutes)
the home phone suddenly started ringing again. Strange...
intermedion
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Mac OSX

Return to Community Support