Long Distance Call Charges - Be Aware

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Long Distance Call Charges - Be Aware

Postby washiq » 02/27/2014

This is for freephoneline (not sure for the other services).
Website shows low international rates, for many destinations, than other competitors in the market. This is even made attractive by offering "Rate Lookup" where you can punch in the number & get per minute charges. But this is fishing because they have "hidden charges" ($0.04 as connection fee). These hidden charges show-up no where. Even in the bill these are simply added to the advertised (looked up) rates without any mention as connection fee. To save their skin they have mentioned it ONLY at FAQ. What a trick. Fellows, BE AWARE OF THIS.
washiq
One Hit Wonder

Re: Long Distance Call Charges - Be Aware

Postby Fongo Support » 02/27/2014

washiq wrote:This is for freephoneline (not sure for the other services).
Website shows low international rates, for many destinations, than other competitors in the market. This is even made attractive by offering "Rate Lookup" where you can punch in the number & get per minute charges. But this is fishing because they have "hidden charges" ($0.04 as connection fee). These hidden charges show-up no where. Even in the bill these are simply added to the advertised (looked up) rates without any mention as connection fee. To save their skin they have mentioned it ONLY at FAQ. What a trick. Fellows, BE AWARE OF THIS.

Hi there,

Please see below:

http://www.freephoneline.ca/ldServices

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby hieppo » 03/04/2018

I don't usually make oversea call but when I looked at the charge it made no sense, can you explain in detail the cost.
I made a call to Vietnam. I checked the rate for the exact number I called and it indicate 8 cent a minute. The call log shows 29 minutes.
The total cost I would expect is 29 x 0.08 + 0.04 = $2.36. However, $2.65 was taken from the balance.
Please explain.

Regards
Hiep
hieppo
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2
Firmware Version: Sipura 3.1.8
ISP Name: Distributel
Computer OS: Ubuntu
Router: Tomato v1.28

Postby Jake » 03/04/2018

If you are looking for an official response you will have to put in a ticket https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
You will probably have to pick Home Phone then World Credits to get an appropriate issue option.

From what I can see though if you take your $2.65 and take away the connection charge and divide that by 29 ( (2.65 - 0.04) / 29 ) you get $0.09 per minute.
There are a few $0.09 / minute call rates for Vietnam, so either they have their rate table wrong or your number is falling under one of these rates. https://www.freephoneline.ca/completeLi ... ry=VIETNAM

If their rate table is wrong, you need to put in a ticket as you won't get an official response here because it is account related.

Hope this helps.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Suggestions & Feedback