Newbie Questions-Mexico

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

Newbie Questions-Mexico

Postby nukesul » 03/14/2019

Good Day

I'm new to this technology, so bear with me. I have a Mexican SIM with TELCEL. TELCEL has great plans that allows to the phone to be used anywhere in North America. My only issue is when I return to Canada I will need/want a Canadian # so friends can call and text me without using long distance. I think FONGO will work for this, but if not please advise me.

Can phone calls be forwarded to my Mexican number using fongo? Perhaps I won't need to do this anyhow.
Are there any charges if I am called while in Mexico? I have unlimited calls on my Mexican SIM so I won't need to use fongo for any outgoing calls unless I choose to. I only need fongo to give me Canadian incoming call and text capability.
Where do SMS and incoming calls show up on my iPhone? Are they in the fongo APP or do they link into iPhone messages and the iPhone phone APP?
The information sties I can use my current Canadian #, which is being paid to hold with Rogers. Does fongo do all the work to cancel my Rogers fees when taking over the number?

That's all I can think of for now
Thanks
nukesul
Just Passing Thru

Re: Newbie Questions-Mexico

Postby bridonca » 03/14/2019

The Fongo app has needs an internet connection to work, either from data or wifi.
I am not sure if you can forward calls to your Mexico number, but if you can, I believe it will cost you 3 cents a minute, there is also a 4 cent connection fee.
As long as the Fongo app has a decent internet connection, through the app, you can place Canadian phone calls for free, anywhere in the world.
Incoming fongo calls go through the fongo app, as long as there is a decent internet connection. Same goes with Fongo texts.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby nukesul » 03/14/2019

It sounds like this can work, although I've run into issues trying to use the app.

When you use the app I don't see an option to use your own phone number when registering. I tried to stop the process and now I can't log in using the email and password I provided, and the app on't even send an email with a new password. If I try to start over using my email, it says it's already been used... So I'm locked out at this point. I may need to try again using a different email address.

When setting up your account, does anyone know how you can make it use your old phone number? I only saw an option for it to choose a new number for me.

Thanks again
nukesul
Just Passing Thru

Postby bridonca » 03/15/2019

You will need to contact Fongo support https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us They can delete your old account, if you want to use the old email address

You need to select a Canadian number from Fongo to activate the account. You can port over your Canadian phone number over to Fongo later. Fongo charges $25 for ports into their service.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby DougMi » 03/23/2019

How long does it usually take Fongo to go through with the account deletion request?
You can always turn to these shakes for weight loss and look better quickly.
DougMi
One Hit Wonder

Return to General Discussions