Does Call Log register calls not answered?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Does Call Log register calls not answered?

Postby Erft » 05/22/2019

Hi all.

I have received a few calls from numbers I don't recognise, lately, so I haven't answered them

Today I went looking in the Call Log for them, but they weren't there. They're in the phone's CID, so I'm not crazy, the phone really did ring. Did they not register in the Call Log because I didn't pick up and no voicemail was left?

Thanks.

Using a V-Tech landline phone with Cisco SPA122 ATA.
Erft
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015)
ISP Name: Teksavvy, cable
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: SPA122, LAN, 2 FXS

Re: Does Call Log register calls not answered?

Postby lustucru » 05/22/2019

FPL/Fongo Call Logs register all outgoing and incoming calls for the current and previous month only, whether they are answered or not. Call Logs for period before previous month are automatically deleted. You can save Call Logs if you want for further reference.
lustucru
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Postby Erft » 05/22/2019

Thank-you. That's what I thought.

What could be the reason that some calls have not been logged this month? I got seven calls today but only two were logged.
Erft
Active Poster

Postby Liptonbrisk » 05/23/2019

FPL call logs do not list incoming calls that have not been answered in some manner (FPL's voicemail system being triggered counts as the call being answered). So, if an incoming call rings twice and no one picks up (including FPL's voicemail system) before the caller hangs up, the call will not be listed in FPL's call logs.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Erft » 05/23/2019

Thank-you.
Erft
Active Poster

Postby Liptonbrisk » 05/23/2019

Erft wrote:Thank-you.

You're welcome. The same holds true for outgoing calls as well. If the call isn't answered, it won't be listed in FPL's call logs.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support