Incoming calls go straight to voice mail

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: Incoming calls go straight to voice mail

Postby jarfgames » 08/13/2019

Liptonbrisk wrote:voip.freephoneline.ca is still working fine.

The purpose of voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 is to bypass buggy SIP ALG features
in routers, hubs, and gateways. If there’s a hidden SIP ALG feature in your Telus gateway with no way for you to disable it,
or if it’s not in bridge mode (or if it’s bridge mode isn’t a true bridge mode), that may be the cause.

Finally was able to take a bit of time tonight to check. I confirmed that the TELUS modem is in bridge mode (it already was... hadn’t changed). This made sense as I was only able to log into the modem’s settings screens by first directly connecting myself to the modem (ie not the Google Wifi router). I, going to try playing around a bit more to see if I can figure this out... otherwise I will just stay on voip4.
jarfgames
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obi200

Postby jarfgames » 08/13/2019

Tried doing another full reset of my entire system... Unplugged modem, Google Wifi, and the Obi. Turned them on one at a time, starting with the modem, not turning on the next device until the first had fully booted up. Still no luck with incoming calls on voip.freephoneline.ca... I tried to go through all of my settings on the Obi, and couldn't come across anything that looked out of line (admittedly I'm not an expert in this, so I could have missed something). Regardless, it would surprise me if it was something on the Obi since I have left the settings unchanged since I first set things up in 2016, with the only change being a firmware update maybe a year ago when it was needed to continue using GV (Hangouts) on SP2.

My theory is still that somewhere behind the scenes, Telus has done something to make a change. Like you said LiptonBrisk, it's possible their bridge mode is not a "true" bridge mode, although it had been working fine with my Obi starting from December 2018 when I switched to Telus.

Looks like I'll be switching back to voip4 for now... Is there any issue/downside with using voip4 permanently?
jarfgames
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obi200

Postby mh1983 » 08/17/2019

No issues with voip4 here! It's set up to get around faulty SIP ALG routing. If it works for you, I say use it.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/17/2019

jarfgames wrote:Is there any issue/downside with using voip4 permanently?

No, theoretically. I can’t predict future problems that may arise with any server.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby mjazster » 08/26/2019

Sorry it has taken a while for me to respond to provide an update following my last post 08/13/19. It's been a week of testing since trying your suggestions Liptonbrisk and everything seems to be working fine. I can't thank you enough for giving me the link to access the PDF guide to configure my ATA correctly and also the list of settings on your first response. What really worked for me was resetting my ATA to clear the previous configuration, and then following the PDF guide to correctly configure my ATA and change the settings to match the 'a' to 'f' listing you provided.

Thank you again Liptonbrisk. Your help was very much appreciated.
mjazster
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT802
ISP Name: Bell Canada DSL
Computer OS: macOS Mojave
Router: Home Hub 2000

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/26/2019

mjazster wrote:Sorry it has taken a while for me to respond to provide an update following my last post 08/13/19. It's been a week of testing since trying your suggestions Liptonbrisk and everything seems to be working fine. I can't thank you enough for giving me the link to access the PDF guide to configure my ATA correctly and also the list of settings on your first response. What really worked for me was resetting my ATA to clear the previous configuration, and then following the PDF guide to correctly configure my ATA and change the settings to match the 'a' to 'f' listing you provided.

Thank you again Liptonbrisk. Your help was very much appreciated.

Thank you for the update, and I’m glad Freephoneline is working for you.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Previous

Return to Community Support