Will my Canadian number still work from the US?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Will my Canadian number still work from the US?

Postby trevlac » 09/16/2019

Possibly moving to the US for work and wanted to know if anyone is aware if the service will still work from there using the Canadian number I have from FPL? I would like to be able to keep using the service with my current portable phone setup and the grand stream box I have.

Thanks to anyone who may know the answer!
trevlac
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Computer OS: Mac OS 10.10
Router: Airport Time Capsule

Re: Will my Canadian number still work from the US?

Postby Liptonbrisk » 09/17/2019

Yes, FPL will continue to work wherever there’s internet access, with the exception of countries that block international VoIP access. Keep in mind that FPL’s servers are located in southern Ontario. The further away you are from them, the greater the chance for increased pings (latency/delay) and jitter (choppy audio/dropped calls).
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby trevlac » 09/17/2019

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.
trevlac
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Computer OS: Mac OS 10.10
Router: Airport Time Capsule

Postby dlehtinen » 09/22/2019

I used freephoneline for around ten months in Reno Nevada, it worked well. When you go down to the US look into google voice. I use an OBI212 device that supports google voice and freephoneline
dlehtinen
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support