How do I text using Fongo mobile number?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

How do I text using Fongo mobile number?

Postby scamper » 09/25/2019

Hello

I bought a 6 month texting plan for unlimited texting. I thought that it would be as simple as going inside the app, creating contacts and texting from the numbers I have associated with the contacts.

I thought i would use my Fongo number to text from.

I have tried to add contacts inside the App and get as far as adding a name. I go to edit page and put in a number. I try to text from that number and the buttons are not responsive. I leave the edit page and the number disappears from the contact and I have left with only the name of the contact which is useless. The contact appears in my IOS contact list and while I can text from there, it is not using the Fongo application but my local phone number, data, messaging plan.

I have reached out to customer support numerous times and they tell me Fongo doesnt manage contacts.I know the contacts can not be deleted from Fongo.

I asked how to text from Fongo using my Fono number but I have received no help.

I have ensured the privacy setting is enabled.

Can someone take me step by step how to text from Fongo? Thanks
scamper
Just Passing Thru

Re: How do I text using Fongo mobile number?

Postby FONGO_jeff » 09/26/2019

We're aware of the issue and are investigating.
FONGO_jeff
Site Moderator

Postby scamper » 09/30/2019

I added 2 contacts that were not in my IOS contact list. It lists the contact as "no name". When I go into the contact and click edit, I can see both the correct name and phone number.

My IOS contact list displays both the name and number correctly but of course I cant text from Fongo inside my IOS contact list.

Before updating to IOS 13 and reinstalling the app, the name stayed and the number disappeared. Now the name wont display, only inside the edit window. The number stays. Very frustrating.
Attachments
Fongo contacts.jpg
Fongo contacts.jpg (896 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
scamper
Just Passing Thru

Postby scamper » 10/01/2019

Since that time the 2 contacts "No Name" I added disappeared from the list.
scamper
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support