Can't get rid of "New Voicemail" in CID

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Erft
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015)
ISP Name: Teksavvy, cable
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: SPA122, LAN, 2 FXS

Can't get rid of "New Voicemail" in CID

Post by Erft »

Hi. I have voice mail again, but today "New Voicemail" appeared in my CID and I can't get it to go away.
I have checked my voice mail and there were 3 messages, one from last week, and two from yesterday. I've already listened to these from my email, so I listened to them again and deleted them through my phone.

It still says "New Voicemail". The dial tone is rapid beeps.
I checked again. No new voicemails.

I have Voicemail to Email set to "Copy".
Edit 1:33am, 18 March 2020: Voicemail (in Settings) used to be set to"Forward", but I changed it to "Copy" when my voicemail stopped working, and this got voicemail working again. I have just switched it back to "Forward", but the "New Voicemail" message as the CID display persists, as does the stuttering dial tone.

Q: Anyone know how to fix this?

Q: Are the problems with voicemail being addressed in the system changeover?
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Re: Can't get rid of "New Voicemail" in CID

Post by hanke »

I have the same stutter tone on the line all day. This morning I got a voicemail notification that had been rec'd the 5th of March. I listened/deleted it and stutter tone remains as of this writing. I am sure this is all related to the Degraded Performance for Voicemail Services as indicated on the Status of Services page.

I suspect we will just have to wait it out, till they can correct the problem. The only fix is for the system to be corrected and really nothing else one can do on their end that I am aware of.

If you have this problem as well as myself, I am sure there are many others as well.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

The voicemail system has never really been that good.
I set ours to forward the message to email that way I don't have t deal with the MWI
Erft
Active Poster

Post by Erft »

Jake wrote:The voicemail system has never really been that good.
I set ours to forward the message to email that way I don't have t deal with the MWI
I haven't had any trouble with voicemail since I set up Freephoneline in 2012. February of this year is the first time I've ever had trouble with it, ever. Because I had no voicemail whatsoever in February, someone else had said to set Voicemail to Email -> "Copy", so I did. Just changing the number of rings from 5 to 4 got it going again, but I thought, Why Not? That seems to have been a mistake on my part. I've just set Voicemail back to "Forward", where I had it before but "New Message" but the stuttering dial tone persist...what a pain.
htchtc
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: spa2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.12
ISP Name: isp: Bell, type: DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: 2wire 2701HG-G

Post by htchtc »

Same here. I have 2 lines set up with a Cisco Spa122 VOIP adapter for years without issues. Only since middle of March 2020, one line began experiencing the problem of "New Voice Mail" message, but no message is left on the FPL server - same problem as described in this forum thread. With my Panasonic handset, pressing # key until a beep sound will clear the "New Voice Mail" message. But soon after each call out or after receiving a call, that "New Voice Mail" message re-appears.
Strangely, the second line (a different VOIP number, which is also set up with the same physical Spa122 adapter) doesn't encounter the new voice mail waiting problem. Both Line 1 and Line 2 settings seem to be the same (except for the VOIP phone number).
htchtc
Just Passing Thru

Post by htchtc »

Same problem I am started experiencing since the past 2 or 3 weeks (since mid-March 2020) with one of 2 lines - "New Voice Mail" message displays on Panasonic handset's LCD, but there is no message left on the FPL server. I have 2 lines (2 phone numbers, i.e. 2 FPL lifetime keys) hooked up to one VOIP adaptor (Cisco Spa122) for 5+ years. Only one line encounters the problem (this is the first such problem since I started using FPL), the other line doesn't have the "New Voice Mail" problem.

Pressing # key on Panasonic handset does clear the message. But "New Voice Mail" re-appears after each call-out or after each call-in with Line 1. No issue with Line 2.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Post by Liptonbrisk »

If you deleted voicemail from FPL's account portal, it's possible you triggered a bug: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 75&p=74844.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to wait for the voicemail "degraded performance" status to clear first at https://status.fongo.com/.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at http://forum.fongo.com/viewforum.php?f=15.
htchtc
Just Passing Thru

Post by htchtc »

The problem is no longer occurring for the past several days. I am guessing FPL/Fongo likely implemented a fix to the server bug (as user Liptonbrisk mentioned it might have been a system software bug).
Erft
Active Poster

Post by Erft »

5 April 2020. Yay! I, too, have found that as of today, the problem has resolved!

6 April 2020. No, it's back after I made changes to settings after calls started going directly to voicemail as of the 4th. I made the changes, got the phone ringing again, but the dialtone and CID problems returned.