Two fongo numbers using same phone jack with splitter

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.

Two fongo numbers using same phone jack with splitter

Postby volcano » 06/24/2018

I would like to know if its possible to have two separate fongo phone numbers that utilize the same phone jack using a splitter.
Has anyone done this with success?
volcano
One Hit Wonder

Share On:

Re: Two fongo numbers using same phone jack with splitter

Postby bridonca » 06/24/2018

I think I am going to say that is not possible, at least until I get more info from you. All a splitter does is allow you to use more than one phone, on the same account.

What is possible, is if you get an ATA like a Obihai 200 and program in 2 separate freephoneline accounts, you could have one telephone sharing 2 accounts.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Two fongo numbers using same phone jack with splitter

Postby alexkillby » 06/27/2018

Some devices support multiple simultaneous VoIP accounts being connected like Linksys PAP2T. If you connect two separate Free Phone Line accounts to this device, then connect line 1 and 2 jacks from the ATA into your home phone network using a splitter-like device that splits the two lines in standard home wiring into two jacks, then yes your home network will have two lines throughout the house. Some phones can function using the two lines, other phones may need to be wired differently the wall to select the outside pair in the wall jack.
alexkillby
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Google Pixel 2 XL
ISP Name: DSL/LTE

Return to Customer Support