Iphone 5s and 6 never ring on incoming calls.

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Iphone 5s and 6 never ring on incoming calls.

Postby fullpampers » 12/02/2018

Iphone 5s IOS version: 12.0.1, fongo version 3.10.4.14, background app refresh activated for fongo

Iphone 6 IOS version : 11.3 , Fongo version: 3.10.4.14, background app refresh activated for fongo

Router: Dlink DIR-1935, private wifi network, no firewall, checked the router for options and none seem that they would help. Both phone are top-prioritized in the QoS options in the router

This has been bugging me a while. The phones almost never ring on incoming calls. When people call us, we get a missed call notification a couple minutes later. When people leave messages, we sometimes get the message on the app a couple days later. I've set up email forwarding for messages because we couldn't rely on the app.

I can live with not getting the messages in app since there is a work around, but the no ringing is starting to bother me. I love the app, but these are serious flaws. Text messages also often come in a couple days late.

Is there anything I can do on my part to fix this, or is anyone else having these issues? Is it the app?

thanks.
fullpampers
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: iphone 5s
Firmware Version: IOS 10.1.1
ISP Name: Bell fibe 25 internet
Computer OS: osx yosemite

Re: Iphone 5s and 6 never ring on incoming calls.

Postby Fongo Support » 12/02/2018

fullpampers wrote:Iphone 5s IOS version: 12.0.1, fongo version 3.10.4.14, background app refresh activated for fongo

Iphone 6 IOS version : 11.3 , Fongo version: 3.10.4.14, background app refresh activated for fongo

Router: Dlink DIR-1935, private wifi network, no firewall, checked the router for options and none seem that they would help. Both phone are top-prioritized in the QoS options in the router

This has been bugging me a while. The phones almost never ring on incoming calls. When people call us, we get a missed call notification a couple minutes later. When people leave messages, we sometimes get the message on the app a couple days later. I've set up email forwarding for messages because we couldn't rely on the app.

I can live with not getting the messages in app since there is a work around, but the no ringing is starting to bother me. I love the app, but these are serious flaws. Text messages also often come in a couple days late.

Is there anything I can do on my part to fix this, or is anyone else having these issues? Is it the app?

thanks.

Hi,

Have you tried to disable SIP ALG on your router?

http://support.dlink.ca/FAQView.aspx?f= ... 93Pw%3d%3d

Reference from Dlink support FAQ

http://support.dlink.ca/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DIR-1935

Give it a try...
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Just disabled it, thanks!

I’ll see if it helps and report back.
fullpampers
Just Passing Thru

just did a test, calling one phone with the other, and it didn't ring.

In the ALG configuration I have:

PPTP: Enabled

IPSec (VPN):Enabled

RTSP: Enabled

SIP: Disabled.

All other options for firewall are disabled
fullpampers
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 12/03/2018

fullpampers wrote:just did a test, calling one phone with the other, and it didn't ring.

In the ALG configuration I have:

PPTP: Enabled

IPSec (VPN):Enabled

RTSP: Enabled

SIP: Disabled.

All other options for firewall are disabled

Hi,

Send me a PM with your number and I will check it.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Return to Community Support