[Solved] Account creation and Apps issues

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

[Solved] Account creation and Apps issues

Postby packet » 12/26/2018

I try to have access to a phone line with Freephoneline/Fongo and i have difficulties. I will enumerate them and comment afterward.

1) Ticket #330670
2) Ticket #330682
3) Installation of desktop app Freephoneline-Setup_3_2_7.exe
4) Using mobile app Fongo 3.10.6.28

Issue #1 (ticket #330670) couldn't use a land line to receive an audible 3 digit confirmation code. I changed the phone # for a cell phone # and the account was created with an exception (see below). I still think that Freephoneline/Fongo would have more customers if Fongo allow usage of land line phone # at registration/account creation time. Not every one has a cellular phone.

Issue #2 (ticket #330682) at step 4 of 4 at account creation time, i received an Exception report:
HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2 logs.

GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2

I received an automated notification telling me that "This ticket will now be closed".
The login on Fongo website for that account is working.
I don't know if this exception has an impact on issue #4 (see below).

Issue #3 when i run the wizard desktop installation i received this message:
Freephoneline requires an active Internet connection for installation.
Please check your network configuration and proxy settings.

The wizard stops and the app is not installed. My internet connection is fine and i used it every days. The wizard doesn't use a good detection method. Here is a simple detection method:
ping.exe -a google.com

Envoi d'une requête 'ping' sur google.com [172.217.13.142] avec 32 octets de don
nées :
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=13 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=24 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=21 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=23 ms TTL=53

Statistiques Ping pour 172.217.13.142:
Paquets : envoyés = 4, reçus = 4, perdus = 0 (perte 0%),
Durée approximative des boucles en millisecondes :
Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 24ms, Moyenne = 20ms

Issue #4 when i run the mobile app, i received the following message:
Houlà!
Le nom d'utilisateur ou le mot de passe sont incorrects.

The combination of username/password in working on Fongo website but not on mobile application (see above). Beside, the account was created with registration for desktop app. Does it means that the account can not used with mobile app ? Is it the exception with java.lang.IllegalStateException the problem ? I can not delete my account myself on the website. The recreation of the account appears to be the easiest way to deal with the "illegal state exception" (see above). I had offered my support to test a new/beta wizard's installation for desktop app regarding the internet detection method. They didn't reply. Without a new wizard, the desktop app is uninstallable for me. Can i create a second account with same mobile phone number ? Is it suitable ? I need this free phone line, please help !
packet
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: none
Firmware Version: none
ISP Name: unknown
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: unknown

Re: Account creation and Apps issues

Postby Liptonbrisk » 12/26/2018

packet wrote:Issue #1 (ticket #330670) couldn't use a land line to receive an audible 3 digit confirmation code. I changed the phone # for a cell phone # and the account was created with an exception (see below). I still think that Freephoneline/Fongo would have more customers if Fongo allow usage of land line phone # at registration/account creation time. Not every one has a cellular phone.

This security precaution was created several years ago to help stop abusive/fraudulent use of services. Those that have issues can submit tickets at https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. For the issue type select "Freephoneline Desktop Application-->Activation Code Assistance."

Issue #2 (ticket #330682) at step 4 of 4 at account creation time, i received an Exception report:
HTTP Status 500 -
type Exception report

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2 logs.

GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2

I received an automated notification telling me that "This ticket will now be closed".
The login on Fongo website for that account is working.
I don't know if this exception has an impact on issue #4

If no one responds, you can send a private message to Fongo Support with your ticket number: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852.
In the future, since that's an account creation issue, for the issue type, select "My Account Inquiry."

Note that Fongo's business hours are 9AM-4PM EST, Monday to Friday excluding holidays. I don't know if they're closed until after New Year's.

Issue #3 when i run the wizard desktop installation i received this message:
Freephoneline requires an active Internet connection for installation.
Please check your network configuration and proxy settings.

The wizard stops and the app is not installed. My internet connection is fine and i used it every days. The wizard doesn't use a good detection method. Here is a simple detection method:
ping.exe -a google.com

Envoi d'une requête 'ping' sur google.com [172.217.13.142] avec 32 octets de don
nées :
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=13 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=24 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=21 ms TTL=53
Réponse de 172.217.13.142 : octets=32 temps=23 ms TTL=53

Statistiques Ping pour 172.217.13.142:
Paquets : envoyés = 4, reçus = 4, perdus = 0 (perte 0%),
Durée approximative des boucles en millisecondes :
Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 24ms, Moyenne = 20ms

The desktop app has been out of development, as far as I can tell, since February 23, 2013. However, I am able to install and run it perfectly fine on three different computers running Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.195). Beyond what's suggested at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19063&p=74810#p74810, I have no suggestions. The instructions were written for a Windows 8 user, but they work perfectly fine for Windows 7 and 10 as well, with the exception of step 3. To run Windows update in Windows 7 follow these steps: https://www.wikihow.com/Check-for-Updates-for-Windows-7.

Free technical support is not offered for Freephoneline's Desktop Application.

Issue #4 when i run the mobile app, i received the following message:
Houlà!
Le nom d'utilisateur ou le mot de passe sont incorrects.

The combination of username/password in working on Fongo website but not on mobile application (see above). Beside, the account was created with registration for desktop app. Does it means that the account can not used with mobile app ?

Correct. https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... nd-numbers
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby packet » 12/27/2018

Thanks for your quick and detailed reply !

The very last answer is very informative. It explains why the junction between account and mobile app doesn't work. Now that i think of it, the every day use of headphone and microphone is not user friendly.

The account as it is created now, does't allow me to use the mobile app which is much more friendly. Do you foresee any problem for the creation of a second account with same mobile phone number ? This would lead to open a ticket to ask Fongo to drop the old account an associated/received phone number.

Or is it better to politely ask Fongo to do the "switch" themselves and avoid the creation of a second phone number ?
packet
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 12/27/2018

packet wrote:Thanks for your quick and detailed reply !

The very last answer is very informative. It explains why the junction between account and mobile app doesn't work. Now that i think of it, the every day use of headphone and microphone is not user friendly.

I suspect most Freephoneline users buy the VoIP unlock key and provision the service on ATAs or IP Phones as a home phone replacement service rather than use the desktop app. Freephoneline VoIP Unlock key users are using regular telephones or IP Phones.

The account as it is created now, does't allow me to use the mobile app which is much more friendly. Do you foresee any problem for the creation of a second account with same mobile phone number ?

I don’t. However, you will not be able to obtain the same number with FPL and also with Fongo Mobile simultaneously. If you want to port away from FPL to Fongo Mobile, you will be charged $5+tax: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... ngo-Mobile.

Note that Freephoneline Desktop App and Fongo Mobile accounts may be deleted automatically after 90 days if no outgoing calls are made: https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... t-deleted-. You don’t necessarily have to submit a ticket to have your FPL account deleted, provided you wait 90 days.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Postby packet » 12/27/2018

I don’t. However, you will not be able to obtain the same number with FPL and also with Fongo Mobile simultaneously. If you want to port away from FPL to Fongo Mobile, you will be charged $5+tax

I never used the FPL number. It simply was impossible in my case. A new number, and deletion of old number after 90 days is fine with me. I'll try to mark this thread as SOLVED. If you don't see that mark. Would please indicate how to do so.

Thank you for your help.
Wish you a happy new year.
packet
Just Passing Thru

Postby Liptonbrisk » 12/28/2018

packet wrote:I never used the FPL number. It simply was impossible in my case. A new number, and deletion of old number after 90 days is fine with me. I'll try to mark this thread as SOLVED. If you don't see that mark. Would please indicate how to do so.

I'm not sure how long forum members have the option to edit their posts, but if the "edit" option is available to you, you would just edit your first post and add "[Solved]" to the front of your subject. If you would like me to do that for you, let me know, and I will.

Thank you for your help.
Wish you a happy new year.

You're welcome. I hope you have a very Happy New Year as well!
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Return to Community Support