Draytek Vigor 2820

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Draytek Vigor 2820

Post by Asimov »

Hello everyone,

I just dumped my Bell telephone line. Tired to pay for a line... I'm using now an ADSL dry loop connection. My router is a Draytek Vigor 2820Vn which indclude:
- adsl modem to connect to my ISP
- Wifi
- VOIP capabilities
- a lot more...

I'm a newbie to voip stuff. I wonder if it's posible to buy the freephoneline.ca configuration file and to configure my 2820Vn with it to avoid using a computer to use freephoneline?

Thanks for your help!
laurent
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Re: Draytek Vigor 2820

Post by laurent »

Yes, the 'V' models of Draytek routers have built-in ATA devices, which is what you need to connect normal telephones to VoIP providers such as FreePhoneLine.

By buying the configuration you'll obtain an SIP account and a few parameters to put in your modem-router-ata's configuration, and that's it!

Note that it *should* work. There's no confirmation that it does work, since no one posted their story about Draytek devices so far, you'd be the first.
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

2820Vn SIP account configuration
2820Vn SIP account configuration
Thanks for the answer. I ordered the configuration file and try to configure the router. You'll se the entered info in the pic attached. The router failed to register on SIP server.

Are you able to tell me the problem with my configuration?

Thanks!
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

Try to put "voip.freephoneline.ca" in the proxy box as well. Check your password too, it's case-sensitive. Also, don't copy/paste your password from FreePhoneLine's website because it will, most of the time, add spaces to it. Type it out manually.
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

Here's my new try. Still not working. More ideas?
Attachments
Take II
Take II
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

Good news! I made a good step. I selected the listbox "Register via" to "Auto" item and solve the SIP account connection problem. Now, I'm able to call.
Here's few more problems:
1- I'm calling someone with an extension. Once i'm "connected" to the caller, even if i'm typing the extension, nothing happened at the other end. Do you know what's the problem?

2- I'm still not able to receive call. What do I have to do?

Thanks for your support!
Attachments
2820Vn Take III.JPG
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Asimov wrote: 1- I'm calling someone with an extension. Once i'm "connected" to the caller, even if i'm typing the extension, nothing happened at the other end. Do you know what's the problem?

2- I'm still not able to receive call. What do I have to do?
That's great to hear that your phone is functioning (somewhat) now Asimov, to answer your questions #1 seems like a DTMF issue, what kind of phone are you using? May I ask what options are under 'NAT Traversal Support'?

#2 still eludes me, is there another page that may have some affect on incoming calls that we cannot see here? Would you be able to PM me your number so I can have a look at your registration on our end?
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

It's very nice of you to help me that way.

So, for the incoming calls, it's a 18"error :D My phone ringer was off!!!

For the extension composition problem, I'm using an old standard analogic phone. The Vigor 2820 has so much possibilities that I'm lost in it. I attached all the stuff I think could be in link with my problem. Due to the fact that this is a UK router, it would be nice to check the settings in those images.

You could access to the router live Web Demo here: http://www.draytek.com/user/PdInfoDetail.php?Id=19#

Once everything is setup, I will publish on the forum the used settings.

Thanks again!
Attachments
Phone Settings
Phone Settings
Phone settings advance
Phone settings advance
DialPlanSetup
DialPlanSetup
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

Here's more images.
Attachments
SIP account
SIP account
Regional settings
Regional settings
Phones
Phones
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

On the page of your second image (Phone > Advance settings), I would change the 'Regional' setting to 'US' so the ring patterns should be more correct, and if the DTMF tones still don't work, try changing 'DTMF Mode' to 'InBand'.
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

You rock! Extension is now working ;)
I'll do more test this week and post a pdf for the 2820 settings this week-end if no new issue occurs.
Thanks a lot!
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

Here's another issue. I tried a couple a number with extensions and everything is going well. The new issue comes from your voice mail. I called *98. The female voice ask me to press 1 to listen to my messages but even if I press 1, nothing happen. No key is working. After few moments, she dropped me :o

What's the way to resolve this one?

Thanks.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

That's because inband is not quite the best option, but as we've discovered, there doesn't seem to be a best option. InBand means that the tones are kept as audio sounds, hoping that the transmission doesn't break them too much so the system on the other side can still understand them. It will only work with high quality codecs, like G711 (pcm) for example.

To fix this, there's two alternate ways of sending DTMF sounds. RFC, and SIP info. Typically, those are the ones we want to use because with that, the digits you press are sent as a signal up to the last server in the loop, which converts them into DTMF sounds at the very end.

Most ATA will even offer to send the DTMF sounds in more than one ways at once, so we can workaround weird limitations.

Simply put, try all available options your device can do, and try to find the one that works best on both the voicemail and whatever system you're reaching outside. For me, it's RFC in 1st order, and inband audio in 2nd. I have no idea how my ATA devices when to move from 1st to second though, but it works.
Asimov
Just Passing Thru

Post by Asimov »

I just found the good configuration. I needed to use G.711MU codec with inband DMFT mode. Now Ill post the correct configuration.

Thanks for your help!
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

Thanks for sharing, Asimov!