What happens when someone texts me?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

What happens when someone texts me?

Postby michellecleroux » 05/05/2022

Hello.

I have a Freephoneline.ca account. What does someone who texts me see on their end? As well, does only my phone number show up on a caller-id srceen?

Thank you.

P.S. I read the note here about texting not available for my number.

Is it possible to use SMS/texting with Freephoneline??
Re: Is it possible to use SMS/texting with Freephoneline??
by FONGO_mike » 01/10/2013

Hello,

The texting services do not work with FPL. If you would like to be able to use texting services, you
will need to sign up for an account with Fongo and download the mobile app to your smart phone.
michellecleroux
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Vintone

Re: What happens when someone texts me?

Postby Liptonbrisk » 05/05/2022

michellecleroux wrote: What does someone who texts me see on their end?

They see whatever was texted and nothing else to indicate the text wasn’t received.

In other words, they see what appears to be a normal, sent SMS. However, you will never receive it.

Is it possible to use SMS/texting with Freephoneline??

No. Freephoneline does not support SMS. You can’t use FPL to receive or send texts.

You also can’t use your FPL number on Fongo Mobile. They are separate services that do not share the same phone number across their respective accounts.

You can pay to port your FPL number to Fongo Mobile, but doing so will automatically close your FPL account; and you will lose your VoIP unlock key if you paid for one.

It costs money to send texts to non-Fongo Mobile numbers using Fongo Mobile. Receiving SMS is free.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support