Call forwarding to US with World Credit

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
mapry2
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: HT 502
ISP Name: Videotron

Call forwarding to US with World Credit

Post by mapry2 »

Hi All,

I hope someone would be able to help me out with this question. I am going to be in US for couple of weeks and do not want to miss those incoming calls on my Fongo number. If I buy world credit, would I be able to forward/divert all my calls to my US number with this credit. I know call to US from your account cost 2 cent per minute.

Thanks in advance.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Call forwarding to US with World Credit

Post by Jake »

They only allow forwarding to Canadian numbers. You have to have calling credits if the number is not in the free areas.

For you though unfortunately they do not forward to US numbers (http://support.fongo.com/entries/228643 ... ing-Cities)

If your Fongo number is the app, you will obviously be able to take that with you on your cell phone or iDevice. If it is the home phone or FPL desktop account, then you could set up a Fongo account on your phone (or iDevice) and forward your main number to this number.

Another option might be to let the calls go to voicemail and then get the system to send voicemails to your email. Maybe change your greeting to reflect this.

You don't say what service(s) you use with them, so it's a bit difficult to give you correct options. Forwarding directly to a US number is not possible though as you can see from the link above.
mapry2
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: HT 502
ISP Name: Videotron

Re: Call forwarding to US with World Credit

Post by mapry2 »

Thanks again Jake.

I had a Android smart phone and did not have issue using the Fongo app on my phone.

Now I switched to BB 10 and found out they have nothing for BB.

Thanks for the link where it says that Fongo does not forward calls to US. I guess this is a strategic decision by Fongo. Otherwise it would have been the best option for frequent US travellers like me not to miss any call on my Canadian number.