Problems Freephoneline and OBIHai200

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
kendorama
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: freephoneline.ca
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 8.1
Router: Telus SE567

Problems Freephoneline and OBIHai200

Post by kendorama »

Hi,

I just purchased the VOIP Unlock Key and it's been a headache. I previously had installed Google Voice with no issues and have been able to call and receive calls on the OBIHai200.

I setup Freephoneline.ca using OBITalk and I was able to make and receive calls but I could not hear anyone, apparently other people could hear me. I searched everything in these forums, Google and other forums for answers. I've tried various configurations and setups and eventually I was able to get a few calls working where I could hear the other person, maybe one out of 10. Now I am unable to even connect to a call, it rings and then when the other person picks up it just gives a busy dial tone.

I have tried all the port forwarding, voip.freephoneline.ca, voip2.freephoneline.ca, voip3.freephoneline.ca and various stun servers. I have made all sorts of changes and then gone back to default configurations as well.

Please help.
senos
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: OBI202
ISP Name: Cable
Router: linksys max-stream ac1750

Re: Problems Freephoneline and OBIHai200

Post by senos »

Your problem is probably Telus SE567 Router
try configure port forwarding
also check out open ports
open ports finder:
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Problems Freephoneline and OBIHai200

Post by bridonca »

It also appears that your Telus SE567 modem/router hybrid has SIP ALG enabled, which is poison for Freephoneline, and most other SIP VOIP carriers. It also looks like it may not be an option to disable SIP ALG on that modem. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r274480 ... -on-SE567-

Fortunately, there is a work around. Instead of using the default port 5060 of which SIP ALG takes over, Freephoneline also set up another IP and port, which will not be affected by SIP ALG shenanigans, Try this IP. voip4.freephoneline.ca port 6060. Hopefully you can also forward The RTP ports from the router to the ATA.

Now I do not know how awful that Telus SE567 modem/router hybrid actually is, because I have never experienced using it. But if it is as bad as I think it is at forwarding ports, I would work on disabling the router of the modem part by setting it in bridge mode, and get myself a proper router, preferably one that is DD-WRT friendly. Hopefully, the suggestions I offered above will do the trick, but there is only so much you can do with a cruddy router.