How to use PFL in the iPod Touch 4gen?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
fooway
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: winxp

How to use PFL in the iPod Touch 4gen?

Post by fooway »

How to use PFL in the iPod Touch 4gen? How to config it? I have the configuration file.

Which SIP software is the best one? fring, netdail, ....? but budphone cannot be used in the iTouch.

Is it possible to ring both iPod Touch and ATA VOIP at the same time or one by one?
I have tried fring but only iPod Touch can be rung.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Re: How to use PFL in the iPod Touch 4gen?

Post by laurent »

Regardless of the software you try, FPL can only ring ONE SIP device at a time. To have multiple SIP devices ring simultaneously, you'll have to do special setup like running your own PBX or get an account at pbxes.org (or other) and map your FPL line through that.

As for SIP software, Siphon works great but requires jailbreak. I've heard good things about Acronis.

Fring and Nimbuzz work okay, but last I checked, you couldn't press keys (DTMF) to work in voice prompts and automated systems.
fooway
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: winxp

Re: How to use PFL in the iPod Touch 4gen?

Post by fooway »

Many thanks for reply.

I tried others two sip software and they work well. They are Media5-fone and Netdial. As always, only Ipod touch can be rung.

PS. If you only want to call out, maybe you may try Google voice using Talkatone in Ipod. it is free in Canada and US. Other countries only pay $0.02/min.