Speedtouch 780wl and receiveing calls changes clock time on

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
buddyrm
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: 780wl Speedtouch

Speedtouch 780wl and receiveing calls changes clock time on

Post by buddyrm »

Now this is weird, every time I receive a call, my clock time on my Phillips cordless phone changes to some weird time. Now this does not happen when I have it hooked up to a PAP2T Linksys but only when it is attached to the speed-touch. Is it possible that there is a setting that can be changed in the 780wl speed-touch? I would not even know where to look for such a thing. Any guidance would be appreciated if someone has ever encountered such an issue and know how to fix it. I searched the INTERNET high and low and no luck.Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Speedtouch 780wl and receiveing calls changes clock time

Post by Jake »

On my 784 I can set the time in Thomson Gateway -> Configuration -> configure. This brings me to a System configuration page where I can set the time servers and such. Maybe your 780 has a similar page around this area.
buddyrm
Just Passing Thru

Post by buddyrm »

Thanks for the reply but it's not the time on the router the problem. It seems to be related to the Caller ID function setting the time on the cordless phone. Just weird. I will check anyway.

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

My phones get their time from the ATA (or router ATA), so that is why I mentioned it.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Post by laurent »

When you say "Weird time" is it like, as if it were from another timezone (similar minutes) or completely random? Does it seem to always go back to some value? Jake might be right in the sense that if your new ATA is improperly set, it could try to override your phone's clocks from time to time.
buddyrm
Just Passing Thru

Post by buddyrm »

OK problem solved. The ATA is the one setting the time on the cordless phone. What was happening is that the ATA never had a time server saved in the configuration and as such never had the correct time. So once I fixed that and set it to automatic time adjustment on the ATA, all was back to normal. Thanks everyone for the help. Is appreciated.