service outages all day today

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
iiordanov
Just Passing Thru

service outages all day today

Post by iiordanov »

Starting from this morning, I've been experiencing constant registration and unregistration with FPL. The service is unstable and unusable. I use an hardware device to register to FPL.

I have replaced my router with a spare that I have just to make sure it's not the router, and I've verified that my Internet is entirely functional, and done speed tests on it (no problems).

Calling my own FPL line gives me a fast busy tone. Calling my brother on his FPL line also does.

I installed the software client, and sometimes it fails, sometime it succeeds in making a call. However, it does not receive calls under any circumstances. I get the same fast busy tone when I call my own FPL number.

I can only assume something is wrong with the FPL system, but there seems to be no outage scheduled or announced on the forum. I figured I'd post a message and start a conversation.

Thanks!
volenin
Active Poster

Re: service outages all day today

Post by volenin »

Same here. FPL, PLEAASEE!!! give us the status message on the home page so that everyone knows what's going on and don't have to hunt around the forum!
avh576
One Hit Wonder

Re: service outages all day today

Post by avh576 »

This is the same issue I have been experiencing since around Sept. 15th. I have only been able to call once successfully during this whole time. When calling out all I get is a busy signal. Trying to call nothing happens. In monitoring calls being placed I see an issue with RTP sent and received and in mentioning this to support at FPL they advised to change codec. Yet this configuration worked once before. In order to rule out the Linksys SPA2102 itself I let someone test it on another VOIP network and it worked successfully. I would really like to know what is going on.