is service experiencing some problems again or it's just me?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.

is service experiencing some problems again or it's just me?

Postby volenin » 10/01/2009

Hi,

I wonder if there are some problems with the service again or it's just me?.. Tried placing a call around 7:45pm on Oct 1. Couldn't make the call from FPL, could reach the FPL number. Rebooted everything (cable modem, router, Linksys ATA), didn't help. The service worked fine all this week. Did not change any settings over the last 3-4 weeks. Running the latest firmware (5.2.10) on Linksys 2102 ATA.

The weird thing is this: when I'm trying to call the FPL number from my cell, I don't hear any response (not a busy signal, nothing). When I hang the cell up (after 30 - 45 seconds), in 5-10 sec the FPL number rings. Managed to reproduced it.

What might be going wrong?.. Seems like some settings on the backend got screwed up... Thanks, any help in resolving the issue is highly appreciated!

Vlad
volenin
Active Poster

Re: is service experiencing some problems again or it's just me?

Postby bilaliz » 10/01/2009

yes, it looks like there is some problem, i am facing the same thing, this has happened the second time since i switched from softphone to ATA, i think it would be a good idea to create a service status page in your profile or may be on the main page so that you can see what is going on and what is the expected time of recovery.
bilaliz
Just Passing Thru

Re: is service experiencing some problems again or it's just me?

Postby volenin » 10/01/2009

i think it would be a good idea to create a service status page in your profile or may be on the main page so that you can see what is going on and what is the expected time of recovery.

FPL guys! Kris / Steve: that's the single best idea I heard! With all the recent issues when the service unexpectedly goes up or down, it would be just GREAT to get a clean STATUS message on the home page ('GREEN', YELLOW, RED circle with a small message you can click on to get more details)as to what in the world is going on with the service and when the issue will be fixed. I know it might not be quite good from PR prospective, but, heck, it will be REALLY useful, especially considering all the recent problems. Otherwise, you are just leaving people scratching their heads, wasting their time tweaking the ATA settings and hectically refreshing the forum pages to see if it's only them who has the issues or it's the service problem.

Duplicating the status with an email to a subscription list would be also great - this way I actively know if people can reach me or I'd should give THEM a call in case the FPL is down and I'm expecting an important call.

If I could open up a vote on the proposed 'status' page / message (and service status distrib list), I would....

TO ALL THE FPL USERS: pls put your feedback on this thread in the 'SUGGESTION' board: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=364

Cheers,

Vlad
volenin
Active Poster

Return to General Discussions