99cent/month in 2012.

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
sncbhle18
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.4.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10

Re: 99cent/month in 2012.

Post by sncbhle18 »

TheHardy wrote:
If you pay for the CONFIG file, you can use any 3rd party softphone software, or your own ATA, both of which will eliminate this software shortcoming.
When I went into my administrative options on ordering some extra services for my Freephoneline service, I only see the SIP file option and not the place in which where you can order an ATA - preloaded with the configuration. I'm guessing that I have to call in to get the ATA phone adapter, is that correct?
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Post by TheHardy »

sncbhle18 wrote:
TheHardy wrote:
If you pay for the CONFIG file, you can use any 3rd party softphone software, or your own ATA, both of which will eliminate this software shortcoming.
When I went into my administrative options on ordering some extra services for my Freephoneline service, I only see the SIP file option and not the place in which where you can order an ATA - preloaded with the configuration. I'm guessing that I have to call in to get the ATA phone adapter, is that correct?
Correct -- you need to call or email for that, as it is a PHYSICAL thing, whereas the config file is a file, sent via automated system. The ATA they need to bundle up and ship ... just give them a call and they will take care of you from there!
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
cwrb
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iphone 3gs
Firmware Version: 5.0.1
ISP Name: rogers
Computer OS: win7 and winXP
Router: belkin f5d8233 4v3

Post by cwrb »

is there any advantage in using a second number instead of the person in the other Canadian city joining Dell Voice?
I can see how an additional Canadian city number would work for a friend in another Canadian city that doesn't have a cell phone.
i guess if you will talk more than 99 minutes/month with this person, it would be better than a service such as KeepCalling.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

If both parties have Dell Voice it is free to call in between them. The benefit as you said would be if a relative or friend who did not have Dell Voice wanted to call you without dialing long distance.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2