Other options for long distance calling? 10-10 services?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
lobotiger
Quiet One

Other options for long distance calling? 10-10 services?

Post by lobotiger »

Hi everyone. Got my SIP credentials over the weekend and have configured my PAP2T-NA and the service seems to be working great! Even the wife says she can't really tell the difference between it and our Rogers Home Phone. Quality is certainly much better than the PC client. :)

Just had a quick question regarding dialing international numbers. Normally we use 10-10-YAK when dialing places like Italy. Its rare that we call but the odd time it's nice that it's only $0.10/minute. With FPL, does one still have the option to pick a 10-10-x service or are you restricted to using FPL's long distance service & rates?

Thanks for offering this great service and look forward to any replies.

LoboTiger

P.S. I didn't see particular question in the FAQs but please direct me there if this has already been answered before.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Other options for long distance calling?

Post by FONGO_kris »

Your long distance calls would be restricted to our own vouchers, yes. The vouchers never (ever, ever, ever) expire, as we try to provide the most competitive rates possible they are for the most part considerably lower than our competitors. If you find a lower rate we are of course open to you pointing it out, too!

Please see our complete list of Italy rates here

For all other rates see our rate lookup page

I've also edited your subject so this particular topic is easier to find for those users who use the search function.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
OverDrive
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Start Communications (off Cogeco)
Computer OS: 8
Router: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND (DD-WRT)

Re: Other options for long distance calling? 10-10 services?

Post by OverDrive »

Alternative, contact me for info on setting up an alternative way that will save you tons of money through VoipDiscount, who's listed price for phone calls to Italy are Free for landlines, and 23 cents a minute for Mobile calling (yes, expensive, but if you're calling landlines it's free)

Italy (Landline) FREE* FREE* FREE*
Italy (Mobile) € 0.2300 € 0.2645

Also, reap the benefits of free* calling to North America *** (so you don't have to incur the $0.04 connection fee, and save money)
Adam Marshall
AJ Tek
46jimbo
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Post by 46jimbo »

Lobotiger, I can't see what the problem is. Yak will charge you 10 cents/min., whereas FPL charges only 3 cents to an Italian landline. Just go ahead and enjoy this service!
lobotiger
Quiet One

Post by lobotiger »

Thanks everyone. Yes it does appear that the rates for FPL are cheaper than Yak so I'll be using it instead. Just have to add some credits to the account once we're ready to convert fully over to it at home. Oh and train the wife to make sure she doesn't hit 10-10-yak before dialing. :)

LoboTiger