Beeps during calls

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
drumhead
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.6.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Mac OS X
Router: DLink 655

Beeps during calls

Post by drumhead »

I have been using the FPL service with an ATA device for about 6 months now. I didn't notice anything at first but lately when people call us they complain that they intermittently hear beeps as if the other person is pressing the keys on the phone. When I call home from work, I also hear these beeps. I have asked my wife on several occasions if she was accidently hitting the keys on the phone and she said no. Has anyone had this issue? It can get pretty annoying after a while.
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

Re: Beeps during calls

Post by nlemay »

Do you have this sound everytime you call? Is there only one beep every X seconds (where X is constant)? May be it is only the sound that tells you that somebody else is trying to reach you.
drumhead
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.6.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Mac OS X
Router: DLink 655

Post by drumhead »

nlemay wrote:Do you have this sound everytime you call? Is there only one beep every X seconds (where X is constant)? May be it is only the sound that tells you that somebody else is trying to reach you.
This seems to be happening everytime I call home. The beeps are totally random. Sometimes you get a couple of them with a couple seconds of each other. Other times they are most spaced out. Even the tone is not the same. I'm going to try using a different handset and see if perhaps it is an issue with the phone itself. I would assume that if this were an actual issue that there would be other people on this forum with the exact same issue.
WrenchyBench
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 (027)
ISP Name: Cogeco
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys E2000

Post by WrenchyBench »

In Line config on your PAP2T, try setting DTMF Process INFO and DTMF Process AVT to No.
Melchizedek
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: OBi100
Firmware Version: Always Latest
ISP Name: Virgin Mobile (Fiber)
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Virgin router (Valerie)

Post by Melchizedek »

I experience this problem too, and I set both DTMF settings to "no". I didn't have this problem when I was with voip.ms. Is there another setting to change?
lermure
Just Passing Thru

Post by lermure »

Me i get the same problem. Any that call me at home get 1 beep each 30 seconds. When i using my cell phone calling at home and im talking to myself or i be quiet, i dont hear those beep soon.

Any have find something? i think its the Freephoneline PBX. On start i didnt get those anoying problem. I think its when Fongo take the admin of freephoneline. Or its since they have doing a upgrade on PBX.

I have update the ATA module that i buy to freephoneline without any succes... still ear that anoying sound.

Please help!