USB headset with the FPL service - advice/suggestions?

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
sncbhle18
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.4.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10

USB headset with the FPL service - advice/suggestions?

Post by sncbhle18 »

Hey guys,

I'm planning to get a USB headset (headphones with built in microphone) in the near future and I want to know if it's possible to use a USB headset - in conjunction with the FreePhoneLine service? Are there any drawbacks when using a USB headset?

I also wanted to know which particular USB headset works perfectly. Currently, I'm stuck with my trusty 'ol microphone and speakers (both are connected separately).
Any suggestions?
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: USB headset with the FPL service - advice/suggestions?

Post by TheHardy »

There was a bit of discussion about this, and some problems with Windows default devices.

One thing I have done with very good success is to just take the wired headphone from my older cell phone that has the mic in the little "collar-clippy-on-deal" along with the "select next tune" feature when playing MP3 files, and used that in the mic port of my confuser -- note, some PC's will like it in the ext speaker connector instead -- you may have to experiment whether your caller can hear you --- but it is 50/50 --- only two options! ;)
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126