dropped calls problem

This section is for general discussions surrounding digital phone service.
volenin
Active Poster

dropped calls problem

Post by volenin »

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem which is very hard to debug... This seem to happen only when I'm on the conference call. Occasionally the call would drop. But in a quite weird fashion: the line just gets silent all of a sudden, with connection still active (ie, looks like connection between myself and VoIP server is still on, while connection between VoIP server and the other party is getting 'dropped').... No one on the same bridge is ever experienced this type of problem. I'm running into it every other 'long' call (ie, >30 min) or so... Can't quite locate the pattern. When the call drops like that the ATA connection info page shows that the connection is still on with no abnormal things happening (no increase in dropped packages, jitter, etc).

It MIGHT happen during normal conversation ('non bridge') I guess, but I never talk to anyone for more than 30 min, so couldn't get enough stats yet :)

Does anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any way to debug / fix this?

Thanks,

Vlad
breenmachine
Just Passing Thru
Computer OS: Linux

Re: dropped calls problem

Post by breenmachine »

I've had similar dropped calls a few times. Like you said, it only happens on longer calls, and I don't make many long calls so I haven't spent the time to debug it. I just shrugged it off as being yet another problem with my shitty router but I've gotten a new one recently, if I get another one of these dropped calls I'll look into it a little more and report back.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Guys, there is a log in C:\Users\xxxxx\FreePhoneLine\log (Vista and 7), you should look in both text files there to see if you find anything out of the ordinary...
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Hi, Kris. I'm running FPL on Linksys SPA ATA 2102... Will try to enable the remote logging (don't recall if it supports it or not though)...
henry81
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win 7

Post by henry81 »

yes... i have the same problem. I got dropped calls several times... I am not sure it is because of the internet disconnection or from the server.
But i am sure it is not only drop in a long call. Because sometimes i nerver get drop calls in more than 1 hour. But sometimes i get drop within 10 minutes
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Activated remote logging & debugging on the highest level (3) on my SPA2102 unit. Don't see much info sent out to the log yet - I'm only seeing the notifications whenever the connection is made (either on calling in or calling out), but no other interim messages... From what I know you can't really ssh to the Linksys SPA, but probably there is a way to enable more detailed logging...

Any way to do that? The only setting I found so far is under the 'Voice -> System' tab: Syslog and Debug servers. I've put IP of my linux server there which has the remote sys-logging enabled and set debugging level to '3'. As I mentioned I get very little output so far (mainly, when there is a call going out or in):

Jan 25 00:34:50 192.168.x.xx kernel: ACCEPT IN=br0 OUT=vlan1 SRC=192.168.x.xx DST=209.81.9.7 LEN=76 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=249 ID=19678 PROTO=UDP SPT=47164 DPT=123 LEN=56
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

volenin, could you PM me your FPL number and I'll pull up some more comprehensive SIP logs.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
breenmachine
Just Passing Thru

Post by breenmachine »

I got another dropped call last night, this time it occurred only about 3m into the call. First time on the new router, so I doubt it's a router issue now. Unfortunately I'm using a PAP2T-NA which I don't think has any logging capability.

Can you guys let me know if you figure anything out? Thanks.
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Still waiting for update from Kris... Kris, I PM-ed my account # to you a while ago.... Did you get a chance to have a look at the logs? Noticed anything unusual?
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Kris, any update?.. Still experiencing dropped calls...
breenmachine
Just Passing Thru

Post by breenmachine »

Same here. I've had a few more dropped lately. Haven't been able to find a pattern or any info that would help to debug. Next time it happens I'll post the exact date/time if that will help you find pertinent info in the logs.
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Are you using ATA gateway?.. If so, it might help if you enable SIP debugging, so that the trace log can be submitted to FPL guys... It says here how to: http://forum.freephoneline.ca/viewtopic ... =780#p4105
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Sorry Volenin - It looks like it's a load balancing issue, we're working our hardest to resolve it!!
Kris
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Thanks for update, Kris! Any ETA when this is going to be resolved?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Currently I have none - Sorry!

But what I can tell you, is that the wheels are in motion and a fix is on the way.
Kris
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Well, sounds encouraging. Can you pls post here or in the announcements once it's fixed? Then I promise not to bug you about this in the meantime :).
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

No problem Volenin, and of course I will post a global announcement once I have an update :)
Kris
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

Any update on the issue?.. Has it been resolved?

PS: congrats everyone on winning the gold in hockey Olympics!
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

3-2 in Overtime... Stressful!

We're still working on it, I'm not too sure what the fix will be but I'm fighting for an "over-kill" system so we can avoid this in the future.
Kris
volenin
Active Poster

Post by volenin »

GO, KRIS, GO! Let's dedicate this fix to Canadian victory in Olypmics :).
zik
Quiet One

Post by zik »

i have the same issue also and calls drop on 2 to 8 Minuit hop you guys can fix it soon ...and i have another prob witch is may cid only show the number i tried all the trikes i know but no luck i had the name & number for a year now only pep can see only my number :( :( :(
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

If people can only see your number (CID) and not your name (CNAM), I wouldn't worry about it too much - We do not guarantee CNAM, only number, though we do send out both they may be blocked depending on which carrier you're routed through.
Kris
ma678
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.1.10 (GW)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Post by ma678 »

Never had drop call even if my wife talked to her friend for more than 100 minutes.

Excellent service.

Thanks.
wonder
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 5.
ISP Name: Colbanet
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Linksys

Post by wonder »

Hi FPL admins,

I also have 2 lines ported to your service. I must said first it was a very good service you provide here.

But since 4 weeks, I seem to have this same kind of issue, exactly same symptoms, on both lines. I tried almost everything in this forum, port forwarding RTP, 5060, 5061, DMZ, tried another router (linksys, then belkin), unpluged everything but ATA...I will eventually setup the log shown above.

I have an Linksys SPA2102, firmware 3.3.6. I used the exact configuration document from you for this device.

It was working grate month ago. Then today, It becomes worst. It drops every 1/3 calls on both lines. I can confirm that my internet connection still connected.

Thanks for any further debuging. Hope to hear from you soon.

Andy
rajajis
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2 T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Extreme
Computer OS: Windows7

Post by rajajis »

ma678 wrote:Never had drop call even if my wife talked to her friend for more than 100 minutes.
Can you Please post your Settings so I get mine fixed these bugs.
Excellent service.

Thanks.