Caller ID Call Waiting + Call Forwarding

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Alex
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6.(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: DIR655, B1, FW2.03

Caller ID Call Waiting + Call Forwarding

Post by Alex »

Hi,
I am a new user and new to VOIP, testing FPL. I am not sure how to properly set up CWCID and CFWD, and wondering if any one can please help.
PAP2T-NA (unlocked) behind router Dlink DIR655.
( [23456789]11 | *xxx. | <:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 | 1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 | 011xxxxxxx. | [#*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x]. )

In/Out calls work good, sound quality is good both directions. Call display works. Voice mail works, voice mail to email works.

CWCID question:
As I was testing CWCID I noticed that I do get a beep as call comes in while I am on line but the tel # and name of the caller appears just once with the first beep. It then goes away with the second beep while beeps keep on coming until caller hangs up. Call Waiting Service is Yes.

CFWD question:
It does not seem to be possible to use call forwarding from ATA. I tried to play with Call Forward on No Answer. This is what happens. After I dial *92 I hear a solid dial tone. It sounds different, higher pitch kind of solid tone. I enter the # I want my calls to be forwarded and receive 2 short, I presume confrimation, beeps (not 3 as CISCO manual indicates). Forwarding to a local 416 number. I hang up. When I call to test the call goes to FPL voice mail and call is not forwarded. Call Foward No Ans is Yes.

Are there any specific adjustements in PAP2T that I should make to correctly set it up to work with CWCID and CFWD. Thanks.
Alex
OverDrive
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Start Communications (off Cogeco)
Computer OS: 8
Router: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND (DD-WRT)

Re: Caller ID Call Waiting + Call Forwarding

Post by OverDrive »

You need to make sure that the PAP2T is ANSWERING the call in less than 30 seconds (approx 6 rings) for the features of it to work. FPL's will automatically go to voicemail after 30 seconds unless you use the follow me feature. There will be a setting somewhere, but I don't know as I don't have the PAP2T.
Adam Marshall
AJ Tek