Block telemarketing/spam calls ??

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Lydiak
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: ht502
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: rogers - cable
Computer OS: windows xp pro
Router: cisco - rogers modem/router

Block telemarketing/spam calls ??

Post by Lydiak »

Hi, I've noticed lately that my friends and I on FPL and other phone services are getting lots of calls from 210 280 8487, which is a reported fraud/telemarketer/spam number out of Texas. Lots of reports on the web. Is there any way to selectively "block calls" on FPL ? I doubt that our Canadian do not call system impacts USA numbers.
Lydia
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: Block telemarketing/spam calls ??

Post by TheHardy »

Lydiak wrote:Hi, I've noticed lately that my friends and I on FPL and other phone services are getting lots of calls from 210 280 8487, which is a reported fraud/telemarketer/spam number out of Texas. Lots of reports on the web. Is there any way to selectively "block calls" on FPL ? I doubt that our Canadian do not call system impacts USA numbers.
ATM. I do not think that you have a way to do this within FPL. If you are using FPL through another service, then you may have more configuration options as to how you handle call disposition. Never hurts to file a complaint with the relative US authorities (FCC) and also sign up for the US DNC list (as the calls are coming FROM the USA).

There are a lot of unscrupulous places and call mills that just "BLOCK" call various sets of numbers.

I have NOT had any problems from THIS particular number (yet). Do you mind if I ask WHERE your FPL # (and your friends?) are based out of? I am in Vancouver with a Vancouver-based FPL # and also have control of a Newmarket, ON FPL # as well -- neither of which shows any calls from these 'fools'.
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Re: Block telemarketing/spam calls ??

Post by tbrummell »

I'm not sure if your GP2 has the same programming interface as the PAP2T, but I believe the solution on the PAP2T is to forward that number to an invalid destination. Search the forum, it's been discussed. You could try that with your GP2.