DTMF on Softphone not working - unsure about port forwarding

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Agent942
Just Passing Thru

DTMF on Softphone not working - unsure about port forwarding

Post by Agent942 »

Good evening!

I thought I knew a lot about VoIP and I have realized I'm quite unsure about some things.

First off, I am a FreePhoneLine customer and so is my Roommate. So, I have the config file and use an ATA (PAP2T) behind a NetGear WNDR3700 (not cheap) router and he uses his laptop and headset.

My ATA has two lines, one for FPL and one for another VoIP provider that I pay for, so my router is already setup to poert forward 5060/5061 and 6060/6061 to my PAP2T. It works fine.

The problem we have is that when he uses his FPL on his laptop, calls seem fine but DTMF tones are not being recognized by ANYTHING (voicemail, automated IVR menus, even his cell phone voice mail). I have tried both modes (In-Band AND Info(SIP)) with no change - DTMF tones are not going through. :shock:

Now, I also forwarded UDP ports 13000-13001 to his laptop IP (static) and verified he has NO software firewall enabled.

Any ideas? I like the service (because I paid for my config file and it works well as a home phone) but my roommate is not so sure. :oops:
zombie999
Lightly Seasoned

Re: DTMF on Softphone not working - unsure about port forwarding

Post by zombie999 »

Why are you forwarding 6060/6061 to your PAP2? Those ports are used by the softphone not the ATA (though they work).

Can you friend get incoming calls?