Tried everything. No incoming.

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
laurent
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Re: Tried everything. No incoming.

Post by laurent »

You know, maybe you should try and use the softphone application. I know it's far fetched, but could it be that your router simply interferes with the voip and breaks it? Perhaps another router? If you have a friend with another model router to try, or bring your ATA to someone else's, to test it?

Another silly question: who's your ISP? Maybe tehre's a problem there.

And finally, someone suggested you try PBXes.org to validate your ATA. Could be worth the try.
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

I will try changing the modem to non-bridged mode and plugging directly in again. Run out of time for now. Will post back tomorrow.
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

Ok. I haven't had a chance to try everything yet. It's way past bedtime but I wanted to post something of note.

I installed the softphone. I did a test connection and it failed. I realized that I hadn't opened any ports for it. Once I opened the ports from my router, the test passed. So, the ports that I am opening in the router page are actually doing something. (I was worried that it wasn't even though it should).

Having said all that, the softphone does not accept incoming either. I can only make outgoing with the softphone just like my ATA.

Just some food for thought.

p.s. I tried PBXes.org. I keep getting invalid captcha on the registration page. Google shows that I'm not the only one. I don't know what I could be screwing up.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

I seriously doubt it is you that is screwing up. I have had a history with that model of Belkin, and I gave up on that piece of crap. I am certain that is the crux of your problems, and I doubt any configuration you do to it will be of much help. Some routers just cannot handle SIP VOIP.
zombie999
Lightly Seasoned

Post by zombie999 »

Why not set your modem to dial in, then try using belkin as a switch (disable DHCP).
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

Ok. Now I think I've tried everthing. Bridged, non-bridged, plugged directly into modem, provisioning file, resetting everything, ring wave, etc, etc, etc.

We can probably rule out the router now because it didn't work when plugged directly into modem. (Outgoing worked as usual, just not incoming).

I'm a loss for ideas. MY ISP is Acanac so it's highly unlikely they are doing anything, plus my other VOIP works.

Callers go directly to voicemail. No ringing.
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

FPL, are we 100% positive there isn't something wrong with my account on your end?
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

The only way to make sure is to test your ATA on someone else's internet connection. This is a common NAT issue that very few SIP providers can do to fix on their end. You are going to have to eventually face the music and get rid of that router.
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

I'm not even using the router though. It doesn't work with or without the router for incoming calls.

I will try another ISP though and that's about all I can do. :(
zombie999
Lightly Seasoned

Post by zombie999 »

ATA cannot do PPoE, so you are ALWAYS using the router. Either Belkin or the one built in the modem.

I had the same problem with another provider. Tried Pbxes, my home asterisk server and an ATA. No incoming anywhere, outgoing worked fine. So I gave up on it and left it registered on the ATA for outgoing calls.

Two weeks later, incoming started working on its own. I didn't do anything.

If your other VOIP works, I suggest you do the same, just wait.
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

I think that is my only option. I will just have to use it for outgoing only. I will keep my other VOIP for now until something changes.

As a side note..... I tried FPL on Acrobits Softphone on my iPhone. I was able to make outgoing calls but no incoming. I will try my ATA at my parents house tonight if I remember. They use Bell (sorry for using that vulgar "B" word) for their internet.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

When you tried your iPhone's software phone, were you using wifi hooked up to your house's internet, or were you using 3G?
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

3G
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

Post by laurent »

Is the application allowed to work VoIP over 3G? I've heard that many are restricted. In my case, my phone is jailbroken and I used the free Siphon client.
steinburgs
Just Passing Thru

Post by steinburgs »

I have Siphon on my jailbroken iPhone too. I haven't bothered to try Siphon yet. Been too busy trying to get FPL working at home in all my free time. ;)
smarch
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: software
ISP Name: videotron
Computer OS: winxp
Router: none

Post by smarch »

The same problem here. I configured my router for all udp port.
nothing gets in, but I can call outside. Busy line !!!

I really need help

thanks !