Block my number/Hide my number

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!

Block my number/Hide my number

Postby Wyatt » 08/04/2009

I would like to block my number from showing up, how is this done? I searched and found "hide my number" but it doesn't seem to really answer the question, it mentions something about *68..., but it does not work. I'm in Canada and if someone knows what the procedure is for placing this type of call, it would be nice if you could please let us all know.

Regards,

Wyatt
Wyatt
One Hit Wonder

Re: Block my number/Hide my number

Postby FONGO_kris » 08/05/2009

This depends on the model of ATA you have. If your ATA supports CID block than it will work with whatever setting it tells you to put in (ie. IP phones may have a "CID Block" button which will block your CID for that call) Our servers pass along the phone number and such but it is up to your ATA to release the number; Another way, if your ATA does not support CID Block, change the Display Name (CID) to Unknown (Unknown) or Private (Private) and this will pass through as the CID, BUT you can still find the number (*69) etc...
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Return to Tips & Tricks From Seasoned Users