How to Connect a Real Corded Phone to freephoneline.ca

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!

How to Connect a Real Corded Phone to freephoneline.ca

Postby newfido » 03/31/2019

I see that the Fongo app can Connect a Smartphone by wifi to make calls and recieve over wifi.

I see that we can rent fongo phone service and buy an adapter , that eventually can be connected to a voip phone.

But I dont see anyway to COnnect a corded phone to freephoneline.ca. to make and hear an acutal phone ring when someone calls me.

the last question is the whole question
newfido
Just Passing Thru

Router: archer c60 tplink

Re: How to Connect a Real Corded Phone to freephoneline.ca

Postby bridonca » 03/31/2019

You would need to buy SIP settings from freephoneline.ca That would cost you $80 I believe. You would also have to buy a SIP ATA device. Obihai makes one of the better SIP ATA devices out there.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby newfido » 04/02/2019

Ok that was explained Well.
But why is there no way of connecting a phone, to the laptop.
For Instance the phone has a Mik and a Speaker, that should of been able to be connected to the Desktop app of the freephoneline software. To enable calls to be spoke and listened to through the phone.

Without needing the phone , to allow dialing.
Instead only be able to talk and listen. on the phone.

I understand you know of no other way but to buy the sip key and obitalk device. Then would i also need the 5.00 a month subscription to fango? or would i only need to buy the obitalk device and sip key?

Becasue 60.00 a year for the fango subscription , added to the 80.00 sip key. is 140.00 for the 1st year . Alot of dough for someone to try out the free phone.

But someone (a near genius) should be able to PATCH the Microphone and Speaker from a basic phone and connect that to freephoneline for pc.

Similar to how Teenagers used to Connect a Landline phone to a Home Stereo and listen to Calls.in the 70's!
newfido
Just Passing Thru

Router: archer c60 tplink

Postby bridonca » 04/02/2019

The $80 SIP settings are a one time fee. Once you pay that, you have free phone service, with no other fees.

If you do not want to pay for SIP settings, or use an ATA device, you could install the freephoneline software client on your laptop, and connect one these to your laptop USB port. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-VoIP-Skype- ... SwWORbi7QN

You would have to dial and answer with your laptop though.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby mh1983 » 04/04/2019

No, you wouldn't need a Fongo subscription to use Freephoneline. They're both fundamentally the same service, with one major difference:

* Fongo Home Phone has a monthly subscription and they provide official support
* Freephoneline does not have a monthly subscription (just one time fees: SIP unlock and ATA device as Lipton mentioned) and they do NOT provide official support (you must have a DIY spirit and you can get support on the forums)
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Return to Tips & Tricks From Seasoned Users