PAP2 in Europe? or what ATA?

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
marieneige
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Lynksis PAP2-NA
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Asus RTN13U

PAP2 in Europe? or what ATA?

Post by marieneige »

Hi, I want to install the phone line in Tunisia, and I don't know what type of ATA I need?
Apparently the connexions are the same as for Europe.
For the voltage difference, I don't care since power adaptors are easy to find, but I want to buy an ATA that will work there, for the phone jack.
Is it the same phone jacks in Europe?
Here I use the PAP2-Na from Linksys and I would like to buy the same, but I read in the internet this is an American model. Is the difference only for the power outlet? Did anybody connected that ATA in Europe? or another kind?

Thank you very much!
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: PAP2 in Europe? or what ATA?

Post by bridonca »

As long as you have the right voltage plug, you should be fine. Ethernet and internet protocols are standard world wide.

The other issue is the quality of your internet. Middle east internet providers are well known for blocking ports. You should be mindful of that.
marieneige
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Lynksis PAP2-NA
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Asus RTN13U

Post by marieneige »

Ok thanks for the information. For the ports, I read an article about some people complaining about blocked ports for VoIP. Do you know if there is a way to get over it if that happens? I have a separate routeur from the modem.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Post by laurent »

There's a few settings you'll need to adjust in the ATA to match the european phone you'll be plugging in it. Check Linksys documentation for that.

You'll at least need to adjust ring voltage, frequency and stuff like that, mostly for the ringing. The rest is pretty similar.