What settings for supplementary service section

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
jester
Just Passing Thru

What settings for supplementary service section

Post by jester »

I have PAP2T and was wondering what should the settings in the Supplementary Service Subscription be. Currently all the services are set to "Yes".

Also, I know on the PAP2T, you can activate certain services such as Do Not Distribution using *78 and *79. Does anyone know where I can find the key combinations for all the other services.

Thanks.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: What settings for supplementary service section

Post by Jake »

Log into your PAP2T and click on the "Regional" tab (basic view is fine, you don't need to click the advanced link). They should be all there in the "Vertical Service Activation Codes" section, and you can change them here also.
cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Double-NAT PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Express with SB5101
Computer OS: Win7 32-bit for DV softphone
Router: WNR3500L behind DIR-615C1

Post by cu2o2o2 »

Below is a link for all the star code combinations for Linksys/Sipura ATA's. As stated at the bottom, these star codes may not work with all providers.

http://www.voipmechanic.com/linksys-sip ... -codes.htm

The ones that I use, as need arises (i.e. *60, *67, *68, *81, *82, *77, *78, *79) work with FPL. *77 is permanently activated on both my unlocked VOIP phones. It used to be that the message was "The subscriber that you are trying to call does not accept calls from unidentified numbers" or something around that line. However, the last time I checked (and that is not recently), the caller simply gets the same message as when I do not answer the phone, which is "The person you are trying to reach is not available..."

I hope this helps.

Enjoy your FreePhoneLine! :)

:idea:
BTW on your PAP2T, you can even "block" numbers selectively...if you are willing to do some work. I have "blocked" telepests (including the local politicians' numbers). The reason why block/ed are in quotes is that "blocked" calls are automatically forwarded to my voicemail without my phones ringing. And we know from experience that telemarketers do not leave a message 99.99% of the time because the predialer they use hangs up the line as soon as the call is transferred to voicemail. :D

You agree to read my posts at your own risk.
boon
Quiet One
ISP Name: acanac-dsl
Computer OS: win7
Router: e3000

Post by boon »

cu2o2o2 wrote: :idea:
BTW on your PAP2T, you can even "block" numbers selectively...if you are willing to do some work. I have "blocked" telepests (including the local politicians' numbers). The reason why block/ed are in quotes is that "blocked" calls are automatically forwarded to my voicemail without my phones ringing. And we know from experience that telemarketers do not leave a message 99.99% of the time because the predialer they use hangs up the line as soon as the call is transferred to voicemail. :D
cu2o2o2, How can I "block" numbers selectively? At which tab can I enter those # to pap2t? Thanks.
cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned

Post by cu2o2o2 »

boon wrote:
cu2o2o2, How can I "block" numbers selectively? At which tab can I enter those # to pap2t? Thanks.

:lol:
Yay, somebody got interested!

Enter them on the User 1 tab, assuming you enabled your FPL number on Line 1 tab (use User 2 tab if your FPL is enabled on Line 2).

On the Selective Call Forward Settings/Cfwd Sel# Caller box, enter the telephone number to block. For now, I have entered 10 numbers in each box, separated by commas, (no spaces or hyphens...just the numbers). I am not sure how many numbers can be entered in each box but for now the 10 numbers in each box are blocked when they call.

To the right of that box is Cfwd Sel# Dest. I left this box blank and it seems to be the right setting.

Blocked calls are logged in the FPL Call Logs portal as "Internetworking, unspecified", and these calls do not ring my phone.

Make sure to click Save Settings after you are done entering the numbers you want to block.

cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned

Post by cu2o2o2 »

cu2o2o2 wrote:
boon wrote:

Enter them on the User 1 tab, assuming you enabled your FPL number on Line 1 tab (use User 2 tab if your FPL is enabled on Line 2).

On the Selective Call Forward Settings/Cfwd Sel# Caller box, enter the telephone number to block. For now, I have entered 10 numbers in each box, separated by commas, (no spaces or hyphens...just the numbers). I am not sure how many numbers can be entered in each box but for now the 10 numbers in each box are blocked when they call.

To the right of that box is Cfwd Sel# Dest. I left this box blank and it seems to be the right setting.

Blocked calls are logged in the FPL Call Logs portal as "Internetworking, unspecified", and these calls do not ring my phone.

Make sure to click Save Settings after you are done entering the numbers you want to block.

As I got home today, I decided to test this using my own phone numbers. So I added my Mobilicity phone number to the blocked list and it got blocked. Then I added my daughter's Mobilicity phone number but it does not get blocked. I added her number again and this time preceded by a 1, her phone can still get through. I added my other FPL number to the list and it got blocked. I added my wife's SpeakOut phone number and it got blocked.

In the end, I conclude that this Selective Call Forwarding that I mentioned above is not working 100%. Nevertheless, this feature had blocked all numbers (those who called back) that I had entered in the boxes and I continue to use it to see how many more "blocked" numbers can call through.

Sorry to disappoint anybody...I really thought it was working 100%. :oops:

boon
Quiet One
ISP Name: acanac-dsl
Computer OS: win7
Router: e3000

Post by boon »

cu2o2o2 wrote:
cu2o2o2 wrote:
boon wrote:

As I got home today, I decided to test this using my own phone numbers. So I added my Mobilicity phone number to the blocked list and it got blocked. Then I added my daughter's Mobilicity phone number but it does not get blocked. I added her number again and this time preceded by a 1, her phone can still get through. I added my other FPL number to the list and it got blocked. I added my wife's SpeakOut phone number and it got blocked.

In the end, I conclude that this Selective Call Forwarding that I mentioned above is not working 100%. Nevertheless, this feature had blocked all numbers (those who called back) that I had entered in the boxes and I continue to use it to see how many more "blocked" numbers can call through.

Sorry to disappoint anybody...I really thought it was working 100%. :oops:
Hi cu2o2o2,

I tested a moment ago with 2 #s and both #s are getting blocked. Eventhough it's not 100% working, at least it'll still "block" most of it. I'm satisfied with the current features. Good job!!!
cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned

Post by cu2o2o2 »

@boon

Awesome! It's good to hear that the feature works for you. :)

I never thought I could reach the century post...but this is it! :o

edit: No, this is post 101! :lol:

marieneige
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Lynksis PAP2-NA
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Asus RTN13U

Post by marieneige »

Hi in my PAP2 phone adaptor, logged in as admin, in the advanced view, in the page Line 1 I find "Cfwd Sel Serv:" and there is a drop-down menu Yes/No. It is set to Yes but no where I can type the phone number in. In the User1 page I found "Cfwd Sel1 Caller:" and I typed a number there. I will see..