How to set up voicemail password from an access number

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Mazzie
Just Passing Thru

How to set up voicemail password from an access number

Post by Mazzie »

In your sticky you say the following:

How do I set my remote voicemail access password?
From your FreePhoneLine phone: dial *98 > Press 3 for Personal Options > 2 for Administrative Options > 1 for Password > type password and press #

However, I don't have the softphone and cannot use it because I am unable to open a port for it. I use Bell Wimax Portable Internet as my ISP and I am not able to get into it to open ports. I called one of the access numbers and it said to put in my account number which I did, then it said enter your password. I entered the password which I originally registered with, but it said that was not correct, so I haven't a clue what the password is and I don't know how to reset it using the access number, so could someone please tell me how to do this please and thanks.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: How to set up voicemail password from an access number

Post by FONGO_kris »

With these you need to call your voicemail from your ATA or softphone. This MUST be done from the host (ATA or Softphone).
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Mazzie
Just Passing Thru

Post by Mazzie »

admin wrote:With these you need to call your voicemail from your ATA or softphone. This MUST be done from the host (ATA or Softphone).
Well then I am screwed because I don't have an ATA, I don't have a home phone line and I can't use the softphone because I am using Bell Wimax portable internet and I can't get the ports open. What do I do now?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

You can install the softphone anywhere, and uninstall it just the same...

Internet cafe? -- Try 77777777777 (11 x 7) in your VM pass... Then change it once you're in.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mazzie
Just Passing Thru

Post by Mazzie »

admin wrote:You can install the softphone anywhere, and uninstall it just the same...

Internet cafe? -- Try 77777777777 (11 x 7) in your VM pass... Then change it once you're in.
I don't have a problem installing the freephone software, I have a problem making it work. I can speak, but I can't hear and it keeps saying that I need to open the port. I don;t have a router, only this portable wimax modem from Bell. I live in an area where I cannot have a home phone, so this would be invaluable to me if I can get the flippin thing to work. I am going to try your suggestion of putting in all the 7's now to see if it works, thanks for that.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Thanks, if that doesn't work I can set the password in our backend, then in the remote voicemail you can change it.

Other readers keep in mind what I am doing here is only for people in Mazzie's situation and I will not do this for everyone... You all know how to do it yourselves.
Kris
Mazzie
Just Passing Thru

Post by Mazzie »

admin wrote:Thanks, if that doesn't work I can configure a device with your settings and set one for you, then in the remote voicemail you can change it.

Other readers keep in mind what I am doing here is only for people in Mazzie's situation and I will not do this for everyone... You all know how to do it yourselves.
All the 7's didn't work, should we just email each other? I am online now obviously
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Sounds good, could you please PM me with your FPL number?
Kris
Mazzie
Just Passing Thru

Post by Mazzie »

admin wrote:Sounds good, could you please PM me with your FPL number?
Have pm'd you, thanks